2008 Arizona Wildcats

jared

Mentor
Here are the likely white starters for the upcoming season, doesn't look too good:

OFFENSE

TE: Rob Gronkowski*, SO
OT: James Tretheway, SR
OG: Colin Baxter, SO
C: Blake Kerley, JR
OG: Joe Longacre, SR
OT: Eben Britton, JR

*denotes player is a ManbeastEdited by: jared

G

Sweet, what are the qualifications for becoming a Manbeast?

smiley17.gif

jared

Mentor
Haha, good question 89, I don't really have any hard and fast criteria. Gronkowski is 6'6", 260 lbs and looked dominant at times last year as a true freshman (18.8 YPC!). Freshman All-American, he has already set team records as a tight end. I think he's gonna be a first round draft choice as a junior.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
As excited as I am about the Gronk, I'm bummed about running back Glyndon Bolasky. Another local kid who was the AZ State High School Player of the year a couple of years ago at running back, never got a fair chance while at the U of A. He is a sophmore and had some great runs in the spring game of 2008. What happens? Coach Stoops decides today to move him to safety. What a joke. Just another in a long line of white running backs nation wide who dissapear or magically change positions after high school because of the idiot coaches who are in charge.

jared

Mentor
That really f-ing sucks. I was hoping he'd at least get a glimmer of shot. F#@$ Coach Stoops.
smiley7.gif

jared

Mentor
Warning: 'Gronk' still unstoppable
'Dangerous' TE shines in latest UA scrimmage
By Ryan Finley
ARIZONA DAILY STAR
Tucson, Arizona | Published: 08.17.2008
advertisement

SIERRA VISTA â€â€￾ Rob Gronkowski has collected nicknames like touchdown catches since becoming the Arizona Wildcats' go-to player a year ago.
Robby. Big Rob. Drago. Gronk. Even Gronk-nasty.
After Saturday's scrimmage at Buena High School, the Wildcats' sophomore tight end picked up another one.
How does Dangerous Rob sound?
"He's a dangerous man," UA coach Mike Stoops said. "We have to continue to get him the ball."
Gronkowski caught three passes for 82 yards and a touchdown in Saturday's 61-play scrimmage. His star performance underscored a breakthrough performance for the Air Zona offense.
Quarterback Willie Tuitama completed 21 of 25 passes for 303 yards and five touchdowns as the whiteshirts dominated the final practice held in Cochise County. Terrell Turner led all receivers with four catches for 69 yards and two touchdowns.
The Wildcats' passing attack appears to be hitting its stride with less than two weeks remaining before the Cats' Aug. 30 opener against Idaho.
Credit Gronkowski, listed at 6 feet 6 inches and 250 pounds, for keeping the defense honest. He has been the undisputed king of training camp, providing daily highlights on seam routes and in the red zone.
Gronkowski's first catch Saturday went for 50 yards and set up a touchdown. His next grab went for a 27-yard score.
"He's a special guy. He's a 270-pound guy who runs like a wide receiver," offensive coordinator Sonny Dykes said. "He's everything you want: He's big, he can use his body, he's physical, he's hard to tackle, and he plays with a lot of attitude."
Sometimes too much.
Gronkowski nearly started a fight at the end of Friday morning's practice at Fort Huachuca, although the story requires a setup.
Gronkowski and defensive back Robert Golden had been talking trash throughout 11-on-11 drills. When Gronkowski made a leaping catch over Golden on the final play of practice, he celebrated by throwing the football off the defender's helmet.
Golden seethed; Gronkowski ran laps. It wasn't the first time.
"Actually, I used to call myself dangerous all the time when I was young, because I used to do anything," Gronkowski said. "I used to jump off ramps with my bike. I'd take every dare. I'd hit people and I'd be bad in class.
"People would ask why and I'd say, 'I'm dangerous, that's why.' "
Gronkowski's mean streak subsided in high school, he said. He now saves the attitude for the football field.
"I'm a grown man now," he said.
Gronkowski opened eyes â€â€￾ and made highlight reels â€â€￾ last September when he trucked Washington State safety Alfonso Jackson on the way to a touchdown in his fourth college game.
Gronkowski said he didn't even notice Jackson, who suffered a concussion on impact and was removed from the game. He finished the 2007 season with 28 catches, six for touchdowns, and 525 yards, the most ever by a UA tight end.
Gronkowski's numbers should double this season as he becomes a focal point of the Cats' pass-happy offense.
That's a safe assumption for an, ahem, dangerous guy.
"He's a fun guy to have on your team," Dykes said.

whiteCB

Master
jared said:
[

"Actually, I used to call myself dangerous all the time when I was young, because I used to do anything," Gronkowski said. "I used to jump off ramps with my bike. I'd take every dare. I'd hit people and I'd be bad in class.
"People would ask why and I'd say, 'I'm dangerous, that's why.' "

Wow I just laughed out loud at that one. What a character! But seriously the guy looks like a player I just might have to draft as a sleeper for my college fantasy team.

"I'm dangerous. That's why". I got to start using that line. haha

jared

Mentor
You should draft him, he is a monster. He is expected to see even more throws his way this season.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
In two games (since coming back from an ailment), Gronkowski has 5 TD's and a total of 8 receptions.

That's a high TD rate! He absolutely demolished the Huskies for 109 yards receiving (on 5 receptions) and 3 TD's!

smiley32.gif