2006 Utah Utes

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Here are the projected white starters for the upcoming season. I did include 4 Hawaiian/Samoan players for this team.

Offense
QB-Brett Ratliff-I saw the guy last November and he has a good arm and afterburners for legs!
WR-Derrek Richards
WR-Brian Hernandez
LT-Tavo Tupola
LG-Zane Beadles
C-Kyle Gunther
RT-Jason Boone

Defense
SS/NB-Eric Weddle-Unreal athlete!
FS-Steve Tate
Stud LB-Kyle Brady-Fitting name for the position while he is there.
MLB-Joe Jiannoni
Rover LB-Casey Evans
DE-Soli Lefiti
NG-Paul Soliai
DT-Kelly Talavou

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Pics from tonights game against TCU. Weddle is playing at almost every position. He is unreal! Ratliff is a speed demon and is running around the field leaving TCU defenders in the dirt. This is really a breakout game for the Utes.
Bunch of hits
6485e531-1afd-42f0-94ee-829fe3ed9813.jpg

Joe Jianonni putting the hit on!
8c2bf0d9-4525-4712-8eaf-9e7e6804401b.jpg

Brian Hernandez hauls in another one.
3c8aa317-51bd-4307-8aba-ed38c727ba69.jpg

Ratliff using one of his weapons
05dd7c2d-4ea5-464e-8d99-b2d1d49c2f35.jpg

jared

Mentor
That Sakoda kid performing double duty as kicker/punter was cool too. Utah was definitely a fun team to watch yesterday.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
after getting their butts whipped by Boise State the week before, my Utes bounced back nicely, taking care of Fischer DeBerry's favorite team, TCU.
smiley36.gif

YouTube once again has provided a sweet highlight reel of the game. check out my favorite player, Eric Weddle's amazing play at the 3:34 mark. wow!
smiley32.gif

UTAH BEAT TULSA... the MWC is looking very good. This is the a huge caste
breaker.... Ladies and gentleman white football players are making a big
statement here.

ocaamikedm11

Mentor
Another outstanding performance by Weddle, who ended the game on an interception. How fitting for such a talented player, I hope he makes a statement in the pros!
smiley32.gif

dirk41

Did anybody catch the sideline reporter when she was talking about Weddle?I guess Weddle told her how he knows there are no white corners in the NFL and he just wants the pros to give him a chance.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Nice win by Utah, but lets be realistic, a huge Caste Breaker it wasn't, as Tulsa starts just 5 less whites than Utah and the Utes were not underdogs in that game. The closest thing we had to a big time Caste Breaker this year was Air Force vs. Tennessee.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Junior Utah WR suspended indefinitely for breaking team rules.

2006906__spt_utes_0906~1_200.jpg

One of Utah's top receivers, Marquis Wilson, wasn't with his teammates as they began spring practice Tuesday at Rice-Eccles Stadium. He may never be with them again, at least in uniform.
The junior has been suspended indefinitely for a team violation according to Utah coach Kyle Whittingham. Whittingham wouldn't say more about the violation, but made the decision to suspend Wilson on Monday.
Wilson was fourth among receivers last year with 25 receptions for 398 yards and three touchdowns. He was also Utah's top punt returner, averaging 11.6 yards.
"We may be able to get him back, but it's something we have to work through," Whittingham said.
The 5-foot-11 Wilson was supposed to be a part of Utah's strength on offense, with the Utes returning all of their top receivers. He was listed on the spring depth chart behind Brent Casteel. Senior Derrek Richards led the team with 60 catches for 717 yards and six touchdowns.
"He is a very good player," Whittingham said. "We have a lot of experienced players returning there, but we'd be better with him."
As a freshman, Wilson originally was going to redshirt, but played the last seven games and had nine catches for 149 yards.
Before signing with Utah, Wilson was a multisport star at Juan Diego High School in Draper.
As a high school senior, he missed part of the football season while serving a suspension for fighting in school.Edited by: Colonel_Reb