2006 Penn State Nittany Lions

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Here are the projected white starters for this season.

Offense
QB-Anthony Morelli
TE-Patrick Hall
C-A.Q. Shipley
RG-Greg Harrison-In a fight for the position
RT-John Shaw

Defense
HERO/SS-Nolan McCready
ILB-Tim Shaw
OLB-Paul Posluszny
OLB-Dan Connor
RE-Jim Shaw

whiteCB

Master
Penn St's LB corps are this year's version of the last year's Ohio St LB corps. In other words they will be the best trio of LBs in the country hands down. Poslunszny and Shaw, just like Hawk and Carpenter, are 1st Rd material and Shaw I'd say is like Schlegel a 3rd pick. Imagine if they were a Florida St or Miami all black trio of LBs then we'd be hearing about is how great the LB corps are. Though that's alright Penn St's trio will take care of it on the field and show everybody just how good they really are. Also Col Reb isn't DT Scott Paxson starting as well?

G

Hey Whitecb, Paxson graduated and signed as a FA with the Steelers. Shaw and Poz are first day picks next year with Poz probably going top 10 and Shaw will go sometime on first day. I think Connor is going to have a huge year and stay for his senior year and go in the first round in 2008. I really want to see Morelli do well as publications are saying that he is the key to the team and no one is sure if he can fill Micheal Robinson's shoes. I expect a high octane offense though with lots of the long ball...Kerry Collins part 2
smiley32.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
How about this headline at the top of today's Sunday sports section of the Pgh. Post-Gazette: "QB Morelli Out to Disprove Knocks Against His Intelligence."

It's absolutely taboo to use that headlineor make that the topic of anarticle about a black player, but fine when it's a white player. The issue had to be addressed when Vince Young's Wonderlic score was reported to be lower than what someone shouldscore by randomly guessing on every question, but it was handled as delicately as possible and quickly dispatched. So not only are white players slow they also have to fight questions about their brain power. Man, those blacks must be so vastly superior to whites in every way.
smiley29.gif

Anthony Morelli was a highly recruited QB out of high school who had to sit last year behind afflete Michael Robinson, currently trying to make the 49ers roster as a running back. I would be willing to bet a large amount of money that Morelli's IQ is higher than Robinson's. I would also be willing to wager against anyone who doesn't think Morelli's Wonderlic score will be higher than Vince Young's and that of most other black quarterbacks.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06225/713219-143.stm

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
There can be no doubting the pro-black agenda of the Caste System media groupies when you see this kind of hogwash. I have seen so many affletes who can't even speak in an understandable way that there is no way I could count them. I have seen only a couple of whites who were that way, and I have been watching a lot of college football for well over 15 years.

ocaamikedm11

Mentor
Penn State has a brutal schedule this year, which includes a highly anticipated trip to South Bend on September 7th I believe, they also play a lot of the upper echelon Big Ten teams on the road.. but being from Philly, I would like to see them do well and win the Big Ten (unless Iowa or another team is whiter of course, except OSU with the black QB..) and their signees for 2007 are 7 of 8 white I believe! So maybe JoePa is realizing going after the black "athletes" is what ruined his program in the first place...

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know if we can consider Anthony Scirrotto a "star" yet, so I'll post this in the Penn State thread. A true sophomore, Scirrotto is Penn State's starting free safety and was a good enough baseball player in New Jersey that he would have been a high draft pick coming out of high school if he had chosen to go that route. He wants to play in the NFL instead. Good luck to him because he's chosen by far the more difficult road to follow.
Penn State's Scirrotto is catching on

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06259/722340-143.stm

SCIRROTTO_ANTHONY_4150.JPG

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
was a good enough baseball player in New Jersey that he would have been a high draft pick coming out of high school if he had chosen to go that route.  He wants to play in the NFL instead.  Good luck to him because he's chosen by far the more difficult road to follow.

DUMB. Another kid that is clueless to the caste system. He is trading a potential millionaires life as a decent baseball player for a shot to bag groceries or work at Subways while getting nothing while AT BEST spending years on an NFL practice squad.

jared

Mentor
Here's something to get excited about for those of you who haven't seen yet. Penn State's recruiting class this year so far includes two 4-star white WR prospects and three 4-star LB prospects. Here's the link, just select Penn St from the dropdown menu: http://rivals100.rivals.com/commitlist.asp
I find it funny/tragic that the only 4-star white WR prospects in the country are both from Pennsylvania. Isn't it curious that states like California, Ohio, Florida, and Texas don't have ONE? Don't even get me started on highly rated defensive players.