2006 Ohio State Buckeyes

whiteCB

Master
jaxvid said:
U of M is going to kick OSU's butt this year. You read it here first.
smiley2.gif

HAHAHA!!! Yeah right. Lloyd Carr is Tressel's bitch. Carr has seemingly gone from owning Ohio St during the 90s to now being at the other side of the stick and in the process has become the new John Cooper. You know a coach that can't win the big game and chokes all the time. Carr needs to take a page out of Tressel's playbook and that is to play and recruit the best players regardless of race and position kind of like what Tressel has done. Michigan can go suck balls.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Well, its Penn State week for OSU! Any observations or predictions?

whiteCB

Master
Just like the Texas game this is strictly another revenge game for Ohio St. The players are gonna be so pumped up for this game that Penn St won't know what hit them. The crowd will be real fired up and will make it a tough game for Penn St QB Anthony Morelli. With that said I'll predict a 31-17 Ohio St victory. GO BUCKS!!!

JoeV

Guru
whiteCB said:
With that said I'll predict a 31-17 Ohio St victory.

Man is that conservative. I'll go 45-10 OSU in a wallop. The game is in Columbus, with Ohio State seeking revenge? Let the Smith to Gonzo/Ginn Air Assault begin!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
PSU will win due to the superior LBs. I hate Troy Smith and Tedd Ginn and how Tressel ignores white players that beat Ted Ginn sr's team every year yet do not get recruited or are only recruited for caste friendly positions. At least PSU is fielding 4 potential nfl lb's and 2 whites in the secondary along with a rifle armed qb. This will be Poz's statement game to prove to everyone he is all the way back from injury.

I think Dan Connor will be the next great NFL Linebacker...So Impressed by the Guy and PSU's Linebacking core as a whole..

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Tim Shaw is vastly underrated and Sean Lee is the sophmore that is so talented it has made PSU utilize a 3-4 defense at times or line Shaw up at DE. Connor is an abosolute animal.

ocaamikedm11

Mentor
I like PSU in the upset. They always seem to play each other tough and this time should be no different. It took OSU awhile to get goin against Cincy and I think Morelli has some big play threats such as Derrick Williams, I'm gonna say Nittany Lions 27-20 with a great game from Posluzny, but i haven't decided who I will be pulling for.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
When in doubt, pull for the team with the white QB
smiley2.gif
, I really think PSU has a shot though. Hopefully Morelli can stretch the field and open up holes for Hunt. On a side note, has anyone found out yet it Pittcock is 100% white...any input would be greatly appreciated
smiley32.gif

JoeV

Guru
Pitcock appears to be mixed. He was at a press conference on Saturday night, and his hair is not "white."
smiley36.gif
Next to Laurinitis, he is still my favorite Buckeye on defense. I know alot of you guys don't like my boy Smith, but he is actually showing a lot of maturity in staying in the pocket this year. He will probably win the Heisman, and go mid first round next year. Regardless, like I stated before, the Buckeyes will blowout PSU. This one isn't going to be even close.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I think the Buckeyes are going to go into this game over confident and PSU is going to come in angry and punish troy smith all day. Troy Smith is just the media darling this year as vince young was last year. No way will Smith be drafted in the first round.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
OSU looked like crap. Another win reminiscent of their "championship" season when half their opponants laid down for them late in the game so the offense-less buckeyes could pull out a win.

Morelli played like a first year starter. So did Troy Smith. He sucks. He might be able to run his way to few wins ala Marcus Vick but he'll neve pass his team to a win.

OSU is a good team, as always, but they are going to get a loss or two in the Big Ten.

I think Troy Smith is actually a pretty decent pocket quarterback, but the thing that really annoys me is the fact that he had a terrible day (1 TD, 2 INT) yet all the writers and commentators can't stop from drooling over one good long pass play. I've even seen some go so far as to say that this furthers his heisman campaign. WHAT!? The Heisman is supposed to goto the best college football player, not the player with the best highlight reel who had/has more bad plays (the two INTs) to go with his one good one...

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Next week Troy Smith will meet the best QB in the Big 10...Drew Tate. Tate is the most underappreciated QB in the nation but all he does is win. He gets no notoriety compated to Smith yet is a much better QB. Its obvious when playing against strong defensive teams like PSU Smith looks pedestrian so next week it should be much of the same against a realgood Iowa defense. OSU also does not have the luxury of going against a first year started at QB like they did with PSU and Texas.

whiteCB

Master
Leonardfan said:
PSU will win due to the superior LBs. I hate Troy Smith and Tedd Ginn and how Tressel ignores white players that beat Ted Ginn sr's team every year yet do not get recruited or are only recruited for caste friendly positions. At least PSU is fielding 4 potential nfl lb's and 2 whites in the secondary along with a rifle armed qb. This will be Poz's statement game to prove to everyone he is all the way back from injury.

First of all Penn St is Ohio St's bitch as we all saw on Saturday. Second of all Tressel is much better than Paterno at recruiting white players. Troy Smith at QB right now is an abberation. Next year's QB will be white, Todd Beckman, and the QB before Smith was white,Krenzel. Tressel did not just hand the starting QB job to Smith but made him earn it and he won it at the expense of Justin Zwick failing and his own hard work and dedication. Tressel unlike many coaches would have did not just hand the QB job to Troy becuase he is fast and black. He made Smith earn the job outright just like anybody else. Also Tressel had 3 all world LBs last year in Hawk, Carpenter, and Schlegel and has a soph this year in Laurinaits(has already 3 INTs this year) who could be better than all of them. Tressel also had a 3 year starting CB in the Big Ten who was white in Dustin Fox and had half his starting secondary in the national championship game be white. He also has 2 WRs in the top 4 white this year and one of them, Anthony Gonzalez, is starting. So don't go off saying Tressel is pro caste system or picks black players over whites because he doesn't as the facts attest.

JoeV

Guru
They are just closet racists who hate to see anyone black do good
smiley36.gif
(tint of sarcasm) Smith is a hell of a quarterback, and can win the game come crunch time. He is also not doing it with his legs this year, which shocked many people. I was a Justin Zwick fan for the longest time, don't get me wrong. Troy Smith earned the job and is the better quarterback, case closed. If he wins the Heisman, its because he is the best player on the best team, bar none.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Troy Smith will win the Heismann when pigs fly out of my ass. He is a decent college QB that can make a play or two but don't let your ferver for OSU get you carried away.

Other then Gonzales OSU is caste all the way. A white line backer is not caste breaking. No other white guys handle the ball much except the tight end, and a white TE is not caste breaking either.

I will give them props for some of the past OSU teams but this year they are not all that much to cheer for from a caste perspective.

And before you go off on Michigan, I agree, they suck, totally caste, but it will be a COLD day in the place where Woody Hayes currently resides before the maize and blue start a black QB I can gaurentee you that.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I've rooted for Ohio State most years because they generally start more whites than just about any other top program outside of Nebraska and some of the Western schools.Several years back, when Mike Vrabel was setting the Big 10 record for sacks, they had seven white starters on defense. It's probably one of the top programs as far as where the NFL's small contingent of white players played their college ball.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
did anyone see the Iowa-Ohio State game? OSU looks pretty tough, and Gonzalez looked amazing! he had 2 TD catches among other stats, but one of his TDs was incredible.

he ran a slant, caught the ball, reversed field, broke a tackle, juked a defender, then sprinted down the sideline, and dove into the endzone. an amazing play!
smiley32.gif

afterwards, Herbstreet said that was "all effort" by Gonzalez. in fact, he mentioned "effort" three times and "determination" once, but nary a time did he mention "athletic ability" or "speed." hmmm...
smiley5.gif

after the commercial break, one of the other announcers said "I would pay to see a race between Ted Ginn and Anthony Gonzalez. That would be one heck of a race."

to which, Herbstreet followed up with, "His coaches and teammates will tell you that Gonzalez is faster than Ginn, no doubt about it. But I can't imagine anyone being faster than Ted Ginn!"

WTF!!!
smiley35.gif
quit inhaling his crotch for a second and take a reality check. if you don't believe what his coaches and teammates say, then what the hell will it take to convince you? I can't imagine anyone being faster than Ted Ginn? i'm guessing Herby knows whether or not Ginn's goober tastes like cotton candy, because he's been slobbering on it all season. GIVE ME A BREAK!

soon thereafter, Herbstreet followed up with more Ginn worship to ensure that no one thought he had said Gonzalez was fast... "Now I didn't say that he was faster. In my mind, Ginn has to be the fastest player in football."

well, guess what? he's not even the fastest player on his team! it's a funny thing about facts, they seem to crop up at the most inopportune times.
smiley36.gif

050924_gonzalez_ohio_hmed.hmedium.jpg

Gonzalez last year against Iowa.

as an aside, Iowa cornerback Adam Shada looked very good in this game. they almost never challenged him, instead picking on the opposing corner throughout the game.Edited by: Jimmy Chitwood

whiteCB

Master
I know what you mean Jimmy, Herbstriet was really pissing me off. If that was Ted Ginn making that sweet ass play you would never hear the words "effort" or "determination" to describe the play like they did with Gonzalez. Instead you would hear the words "quick", "fast", and "athletic". True caste football believers use athletic adjectives such as quick, agile, and so on to convey black athletic superiority. While with white players they'll use a different vocabulary to sort of give the viewer a Rudysque view of the player. As in the words high motor, effort, determination, and all in a way to shape the image of the white athlete having to work to be as good as a black guy. Luckily Gonzalez's play was so incredible you'd have to be blind not to know just how good of an athlete he really is.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
a lot of you guys were wondering if Quinn Pittc ock was white. i think absolutely! here's a pic of his younger brother, a standout d-lineman in high school who's getting looked at by some mid-major schools...

324795.jpg

ocaamikedm11

Mentor
Wow, I was certain Pitcock was half-black but that picture of his brother is pretty convincing.. hmm.. so the search continues, is Pitcock white?