2005 NFL Draft

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I agree Donwas.I was sick to my stomach about both
Jones and Lyman and where they went.There must be some
rule that if you are an athletic white wide receiver,
you can only go to a team with a new breed of qb.That
will take the spotlight off what they do as a receiver.
I can picture Lyman being screwed just like Farmer was.
I hope I'm wrong.

JD074

Master
I haven't heard about Dan Sheldon being drafted yet. He
looked really fast running the 40. And of course no Lumsden
or Steve Suter.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Sheldon,Suter,Lumsden,Luke Clemens the other white rb,
and even Jim Leonhard were not drafted.This really pisses
me off.Suter broke records with his kick & punt returns
in the ACC!Lumsen averaged over 10 yards per rush,Clemens
ran a 4.52 in the 40 and rushed for over 1000 yards.
Sheldon reminds me of Wes Welker & Suter. Jim Leonhard
was the best saftie in the country while at Wisconsin.
Well,the caste system is alive and well.Most of the
players that were drafted went to the wrong teams.Damn,
Indy,St.Louis,Seattle and Carolina screwed over Lumsden!
At least the Rams did take Madison Hedge******* but he will
have to be a blocker.Some things never change!Damn am I
pissed off.We better hope these guys have great agents
for free agency.Even still,they will be an even longer
shot to make a nfl team now.This sucks!

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Sometimes it is better not to get drafted. Then a guy can pick where he goes and chose a team with needs or friendly coaches that match up better. Some teams wait on a guy and hope he's a free agent before talking to him. If you're not drafted on the first day it doesn't make too much of a difference.

robcat

Guru
By signing as free agentsinsted of being draftedin the late rounds white players improve their chances of eventually starting from .0000001 to .000001!

Bart

Hall of Famer
Someone said a lot of short guys were picked for safeties and cornerbacks, wonder why Leonhard wasoverlooked? http://www.geocities.com/kac1999/05jleonhard.html

Leonhard would go on to record more interceptions (18) in a two-year period than any player in Division 1 football. And then there are the special team contributions, Leonhard is the leading punt returner in Big Ten history. He knows exactly what to do when the football comes his way, as evidenced by returning a blocked FG for a touchdown v. UNLV this year. Plays his position well, is a textbook tackler, and gets himself into position on pass coverage well. Before the 2003 season, The Sporting News ranked Leonhard among the top 20 free safeties and punt returners in the nation. And there's one other thing I haven't mentioned - Leonhard has a 35" vertical and HAS WON THE TEAM SLAM DUNK CONTEST!!! It has been shown on film, you have to see it to believe it. If we could put another four inches on Leonhard he would no doubt be a first rounder. As it is now he will probably have to settle for 2nd/3rd round, although he is sure to drop jaws in the workouts.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
robcat said:
By signing as free agents insted of being drafted in the late rounds white players improve their chances of eventually starting from .0000001 to .000001!

Great a ten-fold increase!

kevin

Guru
Kirk morrison i think is black. However dallas drafted Justin Beriault who i think is white. Where did shwan considine go, he should have gotten drafted in the third or fourth round at least. i think he is a one of the best all round safties in the draft.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Morrison is definitely black. I confused him with somebody else.

Considine was the first pick of the 4th round, by Philly.

speedster

Mentor
You are right,Kevin,Justin Beriault is a white safety.It's time for me to eat some crow.Beriault is the first white defensive player Dallas has drafted since 1996 when they took Alan Campos,a linebacker out of Louisville.

kevin

Guru
dallas has two white guys projected to get some possible playing time on defense. Scott shanle (who parcells loves) and lynn scott at free safty.

kevin

Guru
I though the draft went ok, but their werefour player I really like that didn't get drafted.

Jim Leonard- who even i he doesn't have the size at safty he still is a great athlete with terrific leaping ability he could be a kick returner or even a wide out.

Roger Cooper- he is the linebacker from montana who looked terric at the combine. he didn't get much attetion this year but put up good number. He is very simular to jason babin of houston.

Matt Grootegoed- His problem was that he was to small for lineback and to big to be a safty. he plays with great intensity and is a true leader. He would be a good special team player like a larry Izzo.

Simon Fraser. he is one of my favorite college player. he is 6'5 280. He doesn't have great speed so he wouldn't be a good DE and he is to small to play DT, But this is a guy who doesn't make amny mistakes and has proven to be a team leader. He to be very good at pressuring to quarterback and manages to make tackles in the big games.

speedster

Mentor
Shanle and Scott finished last year as starters becuase of injuries to the regulars,Darren Woodson and Al Singleton,and you're right Kevin both should see decent playing time,although Shanle has his work cut out for him now that Dallas has Marcus Spears and Bradie James,but James really isn't all that.Things look alittle better now for Scott,because as of now he is number one on the depth chart at FS.Scott's competition for the starting job could come from a couple of white guys,Beriault and Clint Finley and one black guy Keith Davis.The difference this year compared to other years is the Cow has some white guys on their depth chart on the defensive side.Along with Shanle they also have Ryan Fowler and Keith O'Neil at linebacker.

azguy

Once again another celebration of overated black athletes has come and gone. Once again the NFL, and the Anti-American ESPN ASS CLOWNShave managed to keep deserving white athletes down. Congats to the NFL and ESPN for usingtheir arrogant racial profilingand ignorant racial sterotypes to keep political and racial hatred alive in America.

Did Jesse Lumsden ever stand a chance? I mean, remember he is not small, slow, or black. It was obvious to drafted in this year's NFL draft you need to be slow, small, and most definitly black. One could ask if those are thequalifications why more hispanics and asians have not been drafted.

Look at the extreemly bad year the Miami Hurricanes had. Yet the the idots in Arizona draft anton rolle. Maimi's defense was one of the worst in Maimi's history. This was a defence that could not even stop Wake Forest!! Yet I gues Mami only lost because of Brock Berlin. According to the self-proclaimed experts Berlin's bad play allowed all those other teams to score against Miami. Anton rolle was superior in his play and had nothing to do with Miami giving up more points against their opponents in over 14 years. Yet denis greene the genious took anton. This was the same denis green who benched white QB Josh McCown for a black QB and cost the Cardnials a chance at the playoffs. McCown was benched at the time he was leading the cardnials to 4 wins in their last 5 games. Of coarse the ESPN Zombies claim green is a genious and had a great draft. Sure he did guys he did not draft one white player!!! What would happen if Nick Saban had drafted only white players, could you imagine what the morons in the media would be accusing him of. Jesse Jackson would be in Miami within hours and the media, and Democrats in Congress would be demanding imediate hearings. The NFL would most certainly have to suspend the Dolphin'scoach and GM for such obvious racism.

Is it not great to know that the thug clarret will make more money than most hard working Americans. All he had to do is play one year of college ball and wine and cry about not getting a fair chance. Well the thug will have over $100,000 to cry and wine about and to pay for his thug lifestyle. Hey way to go shannahan!!

Given the state the NFL and our society are in today, ask yourself this. Even after killing his wife and Ron Goldmen, would O. J. Simpson have been drafted into the NFL in 2005? Oh yes we have come all long way from the days of Halas and Lombardi. Today our kids can look up to moss and clarrett. Who cares if they destroy the lives of some worthy white athletes on their way to being America's new gods!!

Danny Farmer and LukeStaley most be rolling over in their graves.

Edited by: azguy

bigunreal

Mentor
Welcome aboard! I think you summed up the draft pretty well. The
Broncos picking Clarett so early really infuriated me, too. Then the
lame, wanna-be comedians drooling all over this slow, non- achieving
head case infuriated me even more. There is no question that Clarett
was the most discussed player in the entire draft by the "journalists"
at ESPN. He garnered more attention than the entire first round draft
picks combined. They covered his press conference! How does a big fat
nothing like that have the gall to hold a press conference? Why would
any self-respecting reporter attend such a conference? Another sad day
for white players, and another clear cut ijndication that, unless we
all get together and do something to change it, Don King's America is
here to stay.

sunshine

Mentor
OBSERVATIONS----I watched most of the draft and a few things stuck in my craw. First of all if one needs any more evidence that Al Davis is finished just check out his first 2 draft picks. Fabian Washington and Stanford Routt, two speedy cbs. - Washington was ballyhooed as a freshman starter back when but was never that good. I watch most Nebraska games and I can tell you white cb Pat Ricketts outplayed Washington in 2003. Last year Washington was beaten like a drum--one example of why the nebraska D was worst I ever recall. As for all those track athletes in Stanford's d backfield--like Routt, all I can say is they sucked forever. Mel Kiper pointed out these two guys are not very good. To think a stiff like Washington got picked over Dan Cody who plays in same conference is a joke. And why did Cody fall so far? So many stiffs were taken. For example this Merriman an early first round pick from Maryland. A stiff looking player with no agility. Yet a similarly sized Nick Speegle but superior athlete was taken much lower? And unless I missed it as I tried to tape the Springsteen on VH1 no one said a word about Dustin Fox. And later he was ignored when Vikings were mentioned. WHAT? And all the speedy little white guys were ignored--no Sheldon, no Suter etc.. And yet lots os little black players were selected early and often. At least Matt Jones was taken relatively early. I saw Matt play a lot in college but the clips they showed really highlighted his running talents and speed. And Chase Lymon could be steal of draft if he heals etc.. Overall though disappointed that guys like Sheldon were ignored. At least Alex Smith was taken first. This guy is very athletic and after watching him the past week very poised., mature and smart. Speedy lb Jordan Beck--who I admit have not seen play was ignored by commentators as was Speegle. Oh well what else is new..

white lightning

Hall of Famer
How about all of the tiny running backs taken.Most of
them were slow and light.One guy was 5'7 and 180.Yeah
right.Even the Colts took Anthony Davis at 5'7.Only
they can get away with average speed and a small stature.
Chance Kretschmer not drafted,Lumsden not drafted,Kyle
Bell not drafted.It goes on and on.Just another average
day in the nfl.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Some guys that were picked up today were Dan Sheldon
who signed with the AZ Cardinals and Jim Leonhard who
signed with the Buffalo Bills.No takers so far for
Luke Clemens,Steve Suter,or Chance Kretschmer.

BonnieBlue

Cleveland Plain Dealer reported today that OSU defensive end Simon Fraser signed a free agent deal with the Browns. According to the report, new Browns coach Romeo Crennel was the driving force behind this signing. Supposedly Fraser fits Crennel's profile for a defensive end in the Browns' new 3-4 scheme (big,tall,long arms). I think Fraser has a shot of at least making the team. I didn't think much of his play at first, but he certainly played well as a junior and senior at OSU. There is a possibility the Browns could start as many as 5 white players on defense in 2005. This would be a drastic change from recent years.

whiteCB

Master
I am a huge Ohio St fan and Fraser really was an underachiever. He only totaled 4 sacks his last 2 years at OSU but hopefully he will make the Browns and start as there is a open DE spot. The Browns already have Jason Fisk DT, Matt Stewart OLB, Ben Taylor MLB, and Brian Russell FS starting on D.

Burts

I don't think Dustin Fox was passed over in the draft because he is white, so it must be that he has poor "recovery speed."
smiley2.gif

The Browns also drafted Andrew Hoffman from Virginia, who may start as a rookie at nose tackle. It'd be great to see them with four to five white starters on defense.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
In case you guys missed it,the Browns signed Bill Flowers
a few days ago.I would love to see him find a roster
spot in Cleveland.He can be another deep threat which
the Browns badly need.He has good speed and runs really
good routes.Good luck to him.