'08 Teams that May Lose at least 3 Games/

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
and not make National Championship.

In this age of the "infallible afflete" -- what I'm about to say is blasphemous. That's what the MSM is really selling us.... the White as all-too human while the afflete is superhuman and God-like. Truth be told, few affletes can live up to that kind of outrageous hype, and many didn't even deserve 10% of the hype they got. Though, the damage-control method of the MSM is to "beat down" more White College players than black ones.

The "student-athlete/amateur/not getting paid" card is forgotten when it's time to criticize Whitey. When it's time to proclaim Whitey inferior or a bust, the gloves certainly come off and the fangs pop out.

Teams' seem to be less dominant these days and they are in more close contests, at least in my view of things, so the hype is a distraction and means squat. The teams that are most Caste are usually the most hyped and, well, they aren't all going to perform up to those lofty expectations. Of course, there are the delusional expectations of the drunk White "team" fans as well. No doubt that many of these DWF's still believe that most of Rivals rankings are legit and made with a semblance of honesty.

Only 2 teams make the National Championship, so this list is designed to cover more than that. Of course, anything's "possible" until they actually play the games which decide their fates. I guess I'm trying to put forth the opposite of hype. Let's put some teams out there and have some discussion.

Alabama
Cal -- 3 losses
Clemson -- 4 losses
USC -- 1 loss
Illinois -- 5 losses
Ohio State -- 2 losses
Penn State -- 1 loss
Auburn -- 5 losses
Florida -- 1 loss
Georgia -- 2 losses
Tennessee -- 7 losses
Oklahoma -- 1 loss
Texas -- 1 loss
Texas Tech

There are some "media darlings" here. I expect some of these "affletic" teams to glaringly "under-perform."

Even though I like Tim Tebow, I was really disappointed with their recent recruiting class and I won't be rooting for the Gators. USC usually has a starting White QB, but the only recent time I rooted for them was in their Bowl game against Ron Zook and his cast of clowns. I told my dad that USC was most likely going to whoop Illinois, and I'm glad the White-QB'ed team won (in that instance). Looking at recruiting, I think Pete Carroll has gotten even more Caste in the last few years. It does wreak of desperation. They are limiting their recruiting pool and I hope Carroll fails.

Out of the above teams, Texas repulses me the least. I also wonder if Oklahoma is going to start more of their White players, but I'm not optimistic.

Edited by: Deadlift

Mike

Guru
Penn State is not even in the Big 10 title discussion, much less the National Title. I don't think anyone is the media is too high on them or a Cal right now.Edited by: Mike

Deus Vult

Mentor
LSU will lose 3 or 4, even with Ryan Perriloux -- perhaps especially if Ryan Perriloux plays.

The 2008 Tigers will have no Hester, no Steltz, no Flynn. Nor have they recruited the next Hester or Steltz. Jarrett Lee has the potential to be the next Flynn, maybe better.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
whiteCB said:
No Ohio State????

You can give your analysis of Ohio State or any other team.

Question for you: Do you think Ohio State will "finish" teams this year? The offense should be improved, the passing attack specifically, but what do you think?

whiteCB

Master
Deadlift said:
whiteCB said:
No Ohio State????

You can give your analysis of Ohio State or any other team.

Question for you: Do you think Ohio State will "finish" teams this year? The offense should be improved, the passing attack specifically, but what do you think?

As long as Todd Boeckman improves as a passer and decision maker, now having a year's experience under his belt, the offense should be improved. He's my main concern because he played his worst against the best competition(LSU & Illinois). I mean how is he going to do against the Trojans in LA. The Buckeyes have 9 starters coming back on both sides of the ball. That's scary in and of itself. Tressel needs to stick to the ground game and win the field position game. I think the winner of the USC/Ohio ST game will win out and be in the BCS championship game. Although every voter in the country will find a way to keep OSU out. I can see why but if they beat USC and go undeafted its pretty difficult to deny them.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
whiteCB,

You make an interesting point. Personally, I think every "major" conference team will suffer at least 1 loss, but there's more pressure to "win out" if you are from the Big 10 or PAC 10 because they are viewed as weaker.

The Big 12 looks fairly strong and a 1 loss Big 12 team would be a good choice to play in the National Championship game. The ACC has largely been pathetic and its bright spot, Boston College, needs to "replace" College legend Matt Ryan. Clemson might be the team to beat in the ACC. I hope Butch Davis has another horrible season at UNC. The discrimination is obvious and sickening.

SEC-

Florida: At least 2 Regular season losses
Georgia: At least 2 Regular season losses

Mark Richt is a thug, and Urban Meyer seems to have greater control of his team, so I would give the edge to Florida in the SEC. That is, if Tebow stays healthy. "Team fitness" also figures in my above prediction. Georgia has gone overboard with "sumo's" in my view, and they just might pay a heavy price. WOW, Heavy price!!
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif

The SEC should be interesting because a number of teams are breaking in new QB's, which adds a factor of unpredictability. I definitely don't see Georgia in the National Championship game. Oklahoma has a lot better chance at making it, IMHO.

whiteCB

Master
Yeah I see what you mean about Georgia. It seems them and Auburn have an obsession with overweight fat black offensive linemen. They need to follow the Denver Broncos route of having smaller more agile linemen. I think Missouri has a good shot of going undefeated(Chase Daniels is the MAN!) but its so tough to do so when your conference has a championship game. Yeah Florida does look good as usual for an Urban Meyer coached team. Tebow is a god send for that offense. I personally don't see Ohio St losing to any team in the Big 10; except the road trips to Wisconsin and Illinois present some potential problems.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Good point about Missouri.

I expect more good things from Colorado and Stanford, and they have the ability to "upset" some teams.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Original Post UPDATED

Overall, I think we are witnessing less dominance. I, for one, don't think this can be attributed to "more talent" (code for you know what) being out there. The players that go to big-time programs are usually highly rated, but maybe many of them are not as "freakish" as advertised. Football is a team game, and many of them have proven not to be as "physically superior" (as advertised) when going against athletes that were rated a lot lower; so-called "inferior" competition.

Some big programs have several impressive players and are poised to have very good seasons, but HOW MANY other big programs are facing a situation of "diminishing returns?" A situation where STAGNATION has set in.

I still believe that every big program will lose at least 1 game, which, I admit, is not really some kind of BOLD prediction.

The Caste media is in love with Oklahoma and their black-dominated O-Line. I think the Texas O-Line will prove to be just as good, if not BETTER, but it's just TOO White for the Caste media. I feel like I have a dog in this fight and, so, I'll be pulling for Texas when they face each other. Of course, I support Oklahoma's White defensive players.

For me, the Big 12 is the most interesting conference and it will probably be like this for some time. I'll definitely be watching Colorado, Nebraska, Texas and Missouri play! I'm not a fan of Texas Tech's pass-happy offense, so I'll only watch them when they play Nebraska and Texas. I can stand to watch only so many 4+ hour games per season!

After seeing my home state team, the Tennessee Volunteers, lose to UCLA last night, I don't think they will win all that many football games this year.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
sport historian said:
After seeing my home state team, the Tennessee Volunteers, lose to UCLA last night, I don't think they will win all that many football games this year.

Here's their schedule:

Date Opponent Time/Result
Sep 1 @UCLA Lost 24-27
Sep 13 UAB 12:30pm
Sep 20 Florida
Sep 27 @Auburn
Oct 4 Northern Illinois
Oct 11 @Georgia
Oct 18 Mississippi St.
Oct 25 Alabama
Nov 1 @South Carolina
Nov 8 Wyoming
Nov 22 @Vanderbilt
Nov 29 Kentucky

I think they might get 7 wins. They just might defeat the Florida Gators' as well.
Edited by: Deadlift

Deadlift said:
sport historian said:

Here's their schedule:

Date Opponent Time/Result
Sep 1 @UCLA Lost 24-27
Sep 13 UAB 12:30pm
Sep 20 Florida
Sep 27 @Auburn
Oct 4 Northern Illinois
Oct 11 @Georgia
Oct 18 Mississippi St.
Oct 25 Alabama
Nov 1 @South Carolina
Nov 8 Wyoming
Nov 22 @Vanderbilt
Nov 29 Kentucky

I think they might get 7 wins. They just might defeat the Florida Gators' as well.

At Tennessee, winning 7 out of 12 is "not all that many."

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
We couldn't have scripted the Ohio State/Penn State game any better! It's great to see another Caste game fail to live up to the obscene hype.

One reason I love this forum is because I believe members of this forum didn't fall for the hype. We didn't discuss this game for over a week in advance like ESPN did! I think we didn't discuss it at any point! The joke's on you ESPN
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif

It's weird that Ohio State "suddenly" came back into favor with the media and pollsters. Much of the media wanted Ohio State to win this game. Sure, they built up a straw man and acted like Ohio State couldn't lose at home. THE REAL STORY: This was supposed to be Pryor's "coming out" party; Triumph of the young lion so to speak. Because Penn State QB - Daryll Clark - is a Senior with very little pro potential. Penn State is not a scary team.

A Penn State victory in front of drunk Ohio State fans (and only one TD scored between the 2 teams) was the best possible outcome. Ohio State fans are self-loathing big time. If someone told them (beforehand) that Penn State would finish the game with only 13 points, they would have thought that Ohio State would have scored at least 14 and gotten the win. They would have rather lost a high-scoring affair than have a 13-6 loss. It tastes bad, really bad. I'm glad I'm not a team fan!

whiteCB

Master
Deadlift said:
We couldn't have scripted the Ohio State/Penn State game any better! It's great to see another Caste game fail to live up to the obscene hype.

One reason I love this forum is because I believe members of this forum didn't fall for the hype. We didn't discuss this game for over a week in advance like ESPN did! I think we didn't discuss it at any point! The joke's on you ESPN
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif

It's weird that Ohio State "suddenly" came back into favor with the media and pollsters. Much of the media wanted Ohio State to win this game. Sure, they built up a straw man and acted like Ohio State couldn't lose at home. THE REAL STORY: This was supposed to be Pryor's "coming out" party; Triumph of the young lion so to speak. Because Penn State QB - Daryll Clark - is a Senior with very little pro potential. Penn State is not a scary team.

A Penn State victory in front of drunk Ohio State fans (and only one TD scored between the 2 teams) was the best possible outcome. Ohio State fans are self-loathing big time. If someone told them (beforehand) that Penn State would finish the game with only 13 points, they would have thought that Ohio State would have scored at least 14 and gotten the win. They would have rather lost a high-scoring affair than have a 13-6 loss. It tastes bad, really bad. I'm glad I'm not a team fan!

Hey buddy I consider myself one of those Ohio State fans and I have no idea where you get this self loathing thing from. Are you trying to say Ohio St fans would rather their team look good(high scoring affair) and lose rather than look bad(low scoring affair) and pull out a low scoring squeaker? Maybe you get this perception from Ohio St fans bitching, and rightfully so, for beating teams like Troy and Ohio U. only by a little bit. Every OSU fan I know was just FINE by the squeaker win over Wisconsin. So get the picture right. As for a caste whore game wasn't white WR Dane Sanzenbacher the leading receiver and wasn't it white safety Mark Rubin making the biggest play of the game (Pryor's fumble). This game should have seemed pretty white to you considering you're from North Carolina and everyone knows how the teams all are down there!

However, I will agree with your point on the media wanting Pryor to be the next big superstar. Even as a fan of the team it's getting pretty old with all the unwarranted hype on the national stage. I wish a guy like Laurinistis would get more publicity. Edited by: whiteCB

dwid

Hall of Famer
ohio st, they need pryor at another position beside qb, he has the ugliest throws, it looks like dying ducks, im thinking maybe its his technique, but they are these huge arching floaters that give the db's a chance to adjust by the time they get there, i cant believe this kid was the number 1 recruit coming out of hs and cant throw. doesnt seem like he has any zip or velocity at all, i can deal with other growing pains like unable to read defenses as a true freshman but to throw so poorly being the number 1 recruit is ridiculous, no wonder ohio st's te complained about pryor being the qb

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
whiteCB,

You might want to reread parts of my post.

I didn't say that Ohio State fans would rather lose than win. I mentioned two different types of losses (a shoot-out loss in comparison to a loss where the other team scores 13 but "you" - your team - only scored 6). I used to be a "team fan" - like several other members of this forum - but I ain't one anymore. Nothing is more discouraging than seeing an anemic offensive display by a team that one supports. I know this first hand.

I also did not use the term "Caste whore" to describe this game. I stick with my words that this was a "Caste" game, in that both teams had black QB's, White-dominated O-lines but black-dominated D-lines and OSU has an all-black secondary. If one of these teams had a White feature back, I might not have labeled this a Caste game. Whites were pretty much at their "appropriate" positions.

Hartline and Sanzenbacher won't be at OSU forever. With Pryor at QB, I hold little hope that they'll put up big numbers. If White receivers don't put up big numbers in college, it's very easy for the NFL to discount them. Don't expect Robiskie to receive a screw job.

When OSU gets a new head coach, and, if he pulls a Ron Zook, are the "fans" going to "demand" better White representation (after all, Ohio is not a majority black state)? I highly doubt it. A majority of OSU's message board fans wanted Pryor to sign with their team. Sure, the internet is but one sampling.

Please tell me that OSU fans' aren't susceptible to the Rivals and Scout propaganda/bias. We need all the good news that we can find...

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
From my prospective as a long time OSU hater I will tell you this, I don't think they will have a new head coach anytime soon. Tressell is a genius at coaching to his talent. The Penn St. game was his worst case situation, OSU needed offense late and there is no way Pryor is going to get it through the air. Pryor is a miserable throwing QB, his only skill is runningthe spread offense which has taken over at many colleges.

I'm surprised Tressell went with Pryor it's the opposite of what he's put at QB in the past but I think those high profile BCS loses have made him desperate to find another way to win. Hopefully he will give up on it. A few more big loses should do the trick. BTW Penn St. has the same creature at QB a good run, little pass, black QB which is why the score was so low.