white vs black: steroid issue

johnnyboy

Guru
ok i really hate how when a good , predominantly white teams from the OC beat a black team, some douch bag always brings up the steroid issue. as if whites have a monopoly on highschool steroids.

i have had a lot of experience with JUCO teams in the southern california area and i know some of the white guys juiced or knew someone who juiced in highshool. i get that and you know what? to each his own. thats a risk they take, not me. but what pisses me off is that nobody questions black athletes from Long Beach Poly or Dominguez Hills or any other black football/track and field factory school. i know for a fact a significant amount of the black kids competing in the CA CIF stae championships or the JUCO state championships take roids. especially if they played footbal as well. athletes use it to recover and train harder than their competition. again, to each his own, its their business not mine. but i hate that when anybody but ablack dude breaks a record or just looks ripped some ******* always yells "steroids!!!" like its impossible for anybody but a black kid to lift heavy or run fast. wtf?

i had a half black half filipino friend named Jewel (yeah i know, f**king ghetto name) who played ball at a local JC and then at Compton. i used to work with him all the time and i know he was using. he was shifty but short and lacking in straight line speed. he was taking Test 450 and Decca to get more explosive and bring down his forty time in hopes of getting a scholarship offer. to make a long story short he ended up cracking his meniscus and gave up football. now my point is this. when he was getting noticeably stronger and more ripped, in a super short period of time, NOBODY questioned him on his methods. but when a white kid LB took roids and got ripped everyone assuemd he did them eventhough he never talked about it til after season. to me thats the sh*tty part. they were both cheating but bc of the caste system only the white guy got ridiculed. the black guy was just seen as a tyhpical black athlete eventhoguh he was getting the same "help" as the white kid.

well thats all i have to say i was just venting. maybe its the fact i just sat thru the NBA draft and had to endure Stephen A. Smith talking.

cheers

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
You bring up a very interesting issue Johnnyboy. When a white guy rapidly improves I have often heard the roid rumors as well. Jon Entine stated that the only reason white sprinters won in short track in the 1970s was because of drug help that blacks didn't get. I have heard juicing rumors on a message board or two about Adam Archuleta being a juicer.

When Usain Bolt went from running 10 flat to 9.72 in one year guys like Maximus haven't labeled it as roids. This is despite possibly now a third sub 9.8 guy out of the 5 total that have done it being linked to steroids and Jamaica where the current ones are from being a huge drug culture.

I realize that with training it is humanly possible for a black male to go from lets say 10.2 to 9.92 in one year, but running a 9.72 is not humanly possible IMO without unnatural help and looking at history strongly supports that IMO.

However if Pickering was to become the first white man to go sub 10 I predict juicing allegations will run rampant. Both blacks and whites cheat and use steroids in sports. In Europe and now finally in the United States strict testing regiments for steroids have been implemented, but Jamaica has not followed suit. It all comes down to the whole drunken white fan fallacy that "that white guy couldn't move like that without some sort of unnatural help".

I don't know, maybe these drunken white fans are just jealous because they are fat uncoordinated white guys and are projecting their lousy athletic skills on to other whites. There's no way a white could do what he just did...he's a cheat. Or maybe in their minds of fantasy Joe Alexander, Sam McGuffie and Kevin Curtis are actually black Albinos!
smiley36.gif
BTW how would Rivals rank McGuffie if they discovered he was a black Albino...Without a doubt in the top 50 players in the nation!