White or Not? - Interesting recruit story

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
There are several interesting factors that strike me. I hope he is White, but I'm not uber-worried about the outcome. Just very interesting....

Starting with his Scout profile which contains a lot of info:

http://jcfootball.scout.com/a.z?s=87&p=8&c=1&nid=3835908

Evaluation:
A multi talented threat in high school, Kenney started at corner, saw some time at wide receiver, punter, kicker, and return man. Despite only playing one year of varsity football, Kenney took to the game with a flourish. He's incredibly physical and could line up at any number of positions, including defensive back, (my response: not specifically Corner?) wide receiver, or possibly even linebacker. A gifted athlete with heart: a powerful combination on the field - Scott Kennedy

I'm sure you caught the "only playing one year of varsity football" part. There's an article on his Scout page called -- "The Natural?" -- that everybody can access. In it, it says he was a soccer player previously. There's also an impressive highlight video within that article.

So, he is from Georgia and went to Junior College in Kansas. That is somewhat interesting. I think it was a good move because, as his stats on Rivals indicates, he was allowed to showcase his abilities in various ways. For instance, a Mississippi JC might not have allowed that. I realize that he might be mixed. Even if he is, the coal-blacks at a Mississippi JC probably wouldn't take too kindly to him getting some carries.

His Rivals Profile:

[url]http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key =74850[/url]

It says he rushed for 322 yards and averaged 14 yards a carry.

I should say that I'm not paranoid! I want to know if his hair is kinky. He is very light-skinned and his eye-placement, nose and lips strike me as fairly Caucasian.

He is ranked as a 4 star JC player by Scout and currently has no stars on Rivals. His highlight tape on Rivals has over 18,000 views. It's interesting to note that blacks and coloreds usually get more video views compared to Whitey. With his helmet on, he looks more White. That can be deceiving, though. I have watched Big 10 games where I thought that a player was White (this has happened on multiple occasions), but, in reality, they were mixed. In that sense, I'd rather watch an SEC game since the "color lines" are almost always clear to the viewer.

That was a perfect segway to this last bit of info. He has verbaled to Auburn.

Hmmmmm..

574074.jpg

Natural "black" athlete or Natural White athlete??

That is the question!!

Like I said, he looks very White in that helmet pic. Would a black athlete wait until his Senior year before trying out for the Football team?

I would really like to hear some input.

White Power

Mentor
I would tend to say he is part Hispanic or maybe just a dark European. He does not look mixed or black for that matter. I think we should root for him until proven wrong.

whiteCB

Master
Cameron looks pretty white to me. He just tans easily thats all. Also how many black males are named Cameron? That's what I thought!

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
whiteCB said:
Cameron looks pretty white to me. He just tans easily thats all. Also how many black males are named Cameron? That's what I thought!

I hope so. I need to see a few more pics to be sure.

Scott Kennedy, from Scout, described him as "a gifted athlete with heart."

That's the lottery! Not an "overachiever" with heart; Not a blue-collar player with heart...

I appreciate the input and I'm still unsure. The Auburn commit is interesting as they are friendly toward White TE's. It's possible that they would field a White receiver.

It's not that he's dark-skinned but, if you are White, grow your hair out so everyone knows what you are!!

KG2422

Mentor
Deadlift, on the first link you posted next to his name, it says "3 pictures". One of the pictures is of his face. He looks about 1/4 black to me unfortunately.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
75% white is plenty enough for me

White Power

Mentor
I agree when are we going to say just because your 10% black then that makes you black. I say their are alot of players who can pass for white or who are majority white and hispanic with maybe a quarter black like Justin Fargas for that matter, and Nick Goings to name another player right off of the bat. Let's face in this world where you can fly to China in less than a day it is high time we face the fact that race mixing is here to stay. So I agree with Celtic 75% white is plenty white enough for me in this day and age that we are living in.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
If you have black blood, you don't face the same barriers that White athletes face. You are allowed to play every position on the field

I can usually tell if someone has black blood if I'm provided with enough pics.

If we were all mixed, I guess we wouldn't need to fight the Caste System because we would be playing. No position would be "taboo"....

Should I produce a "real athlete" with a black gal?!!
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
He gotz his mommas "SUPER" genes. I beez inferior, YO!

(Media comes to the family house and knocks on the door)

I answer the door.

Reporter says: I want to talk to the parents of the SUPER athlete.

I say: I beez the proud father of LaQuavious LaTory Jamal DaQuan DeFred Johnson!

Reporter says: Uhhh, we want the "genetically superior" black parent.

I say: Dammmnnnnnnn, you beez disrespectin' me?! Shanell, baby, this reporter wants to speak wit you!

Sounds awesome, huh
smiley5.gif
smiley5.gif

KG2422

Mentor
I think that it is possible that race mixing is not here to stay. There could be a war, economic collapse, nationalist movement, or a combination of any number of events. There has only been extensive mongrelization in this country for the past 40 years. It's held up by the U.S. media house of cards. There are plenty of cracks already showing in the U.S. - Israeli alliance. Everything changes. That's the only constant. We can't anticipate how things are going to change. But they always do.