what kind of music do you guys like?

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
I like listening to older rock, like The Beatles, and Elvis, and newer rock, like AC/DC. I also like country.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Basically I listen to most music if it's good- other than c+RAP (it's never good music) traditional country and Classical music. I don't have an IPod so I still burn CDs. This is some of my favorites in my gigantic CD collection:

Classic Rock: Beatles, Anything Eric Clapton is involved in, Van Morrison, Santana, CCR, Steve Winwood, Neil Young, Moody Blues, Blue Oyster Cult, Fog Hat, J Geils band, Yes, Chicago, mostly pre 80s stuff, but I do like Men at Work.

Southern Rock: Marshal Tucker Band, Lynard Skynard, some stuff by Allman Brothers.

Hard Rock: AC/DC, ZZ Top, Deep Purple, some Led Zeppelin

90s Rock/Alternative: Pearl Jam, STP, Soundgarden, Smashing Pumpkins, Live, Space Hog, Sublime, Tool, Alice and Chains, but I don't like some of the lyrics of the last 3.

Soul: Stevie Wonder, James Brown, a couple Al Greene songs, Lou Rawls, Bob Scaggs and a little Michael McDonald. Don't like Barry White- I suspect most male fans of him are gay.

Blues: B.B King, John Lee Hooker etc.

Some Reggae: Bob Marley, Burning Spear, Peter Tosh.

Bluegrass Rock: basically just one band I like- The Subdudes

Occasionally smooth Jazz or R&B if I'm in the mood. I do like a few old Michael Jackson songs, but don't know what category he'd be in> Maybe "Alien Chameleon Freaks From Outer Space Who Produce Music" genre. Maybe that's a little harsh since he just died lol.
smiley36.gif

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
For ya'll fellers who enjoy metal, hard rock or southern rock, checkout Down...a "supergroup" with Phil Anselmo (vocal) & Rex Brown (bass) from Pantera, Pepper Keenan (guitar) Corrosion of Conformity, Kirk Windstein (guitar) from Crowbar & Jimmy Bower (drums) from Eyehategod...

Down - "On March the Saints"Edited by: DixieDestroyer

DWFan

Mentor
Dude from COC is still around? I have to check this out. Thanks for the suggestion.

'80s pop (reminds me of my younger days!) - Robert Palmer, INXS, The Cure.

'90s alternative rock - Nirvana, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, Mother Love Bone, Seether, The Smiths, Dinosaur Jr., Fiona Apple.

Heavy Metal - Danzig, Pantera, Slayer, Megadeth, Black Sabbath (with Dio only
smiley16.gif
), Darkthrone, Zyklon was a good newerish band but recently broke up.
smiley19.gif

jcolec02

Mentor
damn niroy your playlist sounds like my limewire accounts library!
smiley16.gif

jcolec02 said:
damn niroy your playlist sounds like my limewire accounts library!
smiley16.gif
<div>
</div><div>Perhaps great minds think alike!
smiley14.gif
</div><div>
</div><div>One think I noticed missing though is I don't think any dudes mentioned Guns &amp; Roses which I found kind of shocking (I'm not a big G N R fan but there are alot of them out there.)</div>

guest301

Hall of Famer
classic rock, metal, 80's music, today's country and traditional country, some bluegrass, contemporary Christian and Christian Rock. There are a few modern day groups like The Foo Fighters and Three Doors Down that I like.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
50 amero's to the first guy that can guess who the person on the left is....

tyl.jpg
Edited by: jaxvid

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Which person in the picture are we trying to guess the identity of?

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Colonel_Reb said:
Which person in the picture are we trying to guess the identity of?

on the left

guest301

Hall of Famer
she looks like Ruth Bader Ginsburg(twenty years younger). Just a wild guess, not expecting to be right.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Freethinker said:
Is that Steven Tyler?

yup, can you believe it!!!!!!

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
guest301 said:
she looks like Ruth Bader Ginsburg(twenty years younger). Just a wild guess, not expecting to be right.

Ruth Bader Ginsburg
smiley36.gif
walk this way!!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
jaxvid said:
Freethinker said:
Is that Steven Tyler?

Tyler has been womanish and creepy looking for a long time. In fact all the rockers from the '60s and '70s who are stillperforming look creepy. After they turn 40 or 45 they should be forced to find another profession or just live off their earnings. Edited by: Don Wassall

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
jaxvid said:
Freethinker said:
Is that Steven Tyler?
<div> </div>
<div>Tyler has been womanish and creepy looking for a long time.  In fact all the rockers from the '60s and '70s who are still performing look creepy.  After they turn 40 or 45 they should be forced to find another profession or just live off their earnings. </div>

LOL!
smiley36.gif
I'd say ol' Ted Nugent looks pretty normal. I guess his staying clear of the booze & drugs (while getting "high" on hunting) has been beneficial. I've been a Nugent fan since I was a young'un.
smiley99.gif

Don Wassall said:
in fact all the rockers from the '60s and '70s who are stillperforming look creepy. After they turn 40 or 45 they should be forced to find another profession or just live off their earnings.
<div>
</div><div>No way!</div><div>
</div><div>What about AC / DC?!?!</div><div>
</div><div>What about a possible Zepplin reunion tour?? (Zep being one of the few '70s acts I like)</div><div>
</div><div>What about Black Sabbath?!??! Sure Dio-era Sabbath is more '80s but like I think they still count.</div><div>
</div><div>Dude I would KILL to be as HEAVY as those Sabbath dudes are right now in their sixties!</div><div>
</div><div>
</div><div>
HeavennHell_2009B.gif

</div><div>
</div><div>
</div><div>
</div>

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Niroy Stonebreaker said:
Don Wassall said:
in fact all the rockers from the '60s and '70s who are still performing look creepy.  After they turn 40 or 45 they should be forced to find another profession or just live off their earnings.
What about Black Sabbath?!??!  Sure Dio-era Sabbath is more '80s but like I think they still count. </div><div></div><div>Dude I would KILL to be as HEAVY as those Sabbath dudes are right now in their sixties

They still look creepy, but anyway that's a posed picture with make-up and airbrushing, what do those guys look like at the local drugstore on Saturday morning (like Tyler in above pic)?

60 year old guys trying to rock out is sad. They should be planting roses in their country gardens by now. If you have a good run, grow up and move on. Look at the Rolling Stones, Jagger is going to be using a walker for his shows soon, it's pathetic.
smiley36.gif

chris371

Mentor
Just look like a bunch of old guys to me. Nothin particularly heavy or creepy bout them.

Yeah that Tyler picture is pretty weak. <div>
</div><div>let me be the first to say:</div><div>
</div><div>Dude looks like a lady!</span></div><div>
</span></font></div><div>[TUBE]1qRTu5I2loY[/TUBE]
</span></font></div><div>
</span></font></span></font></div>

Just saw Doro Pesch is concert a few weeks ago! One hell of a concert!
Good to see a babe like this can still rock. Her album, Fear no Evil is great.