Week 7 2006

backrow

Hall of Famer
Offense

Wes Welker WR Dolphins: 6 catches but only 38 yards

Mike Furrey WR Lions: his career best game at wide receiver, 9 catches for 109 yards and a 18 yard TD, most of which came in 4th quarter; Dan Campbell had a catch for 22 yards
smiley32.gif

Chris Cooley TE Redskins: 4 catches for 42 yards and 1 TD

Dallas Clark TE Colts: 2 catches for 41 yard, including 1 yard TD catch

Ben Utecht H-Back Colts: 4 catches for 52 yards

Jason Witten TE Cowboys: 4 catches for 72 yards, longest of 31

Heath Miller TE Steelers: 2 catches for 4 yards and 1 TD; Sean Moreyhad a 14 yard catch, only a second catch of his 8 year, 54 games long career...

Jeremy Shockey TE Giants: 2 catches for 23 yards including 13 yard TD catch

Brad Hoover FB Panthers: 2 catches for 20 yards

Owen Daniels TE Texans: 2 catches for 20 yards and 1 TD (his 3rd of the year); Kevin Walter had 2 catches for 28 yards

Joe Jurevicius WR Browns: 4/40 including 6 yard TD catch

AJ Shable FB Cardinals: the only white runningback to have a carry this week (5 yards)...

Defense

AJ Hawk LB Packers: 12 tackles and a sack

Brady Poppinga LB Packers: 1 tackle and 1 interception returned for 21 yards

Aaron Kampman DE Packers: 3 tackles, 1 sack and 1 forced fumble

Kevin Kaesviharn SS Bengals: 1 interception in the endzone to save the game

Justin Smith DE Bengals: 1 sack

Caleb Miller LB Bengals: 7 combined tackles

Mike Vrabel LB Patriots: in on 7 tackles, 1 sack and forced a fumble

Adam Archuleta FS Redskins: 6 combined tackles

Aaron Schobel DE Bills: 5 tackles, 2 sacks and FF
smiley32.gif

Chris Kelsay DE Bills: 5 tackles and 1 sack

Jared Allen DE Chiefs: 4 tackles, 2 sacks, forced and recovered fumble

Stuart Schweigert SS Raiders: 4 solo tackles

Matt McCoy LB Eagles: 9 tackles, including two for loss

Sean Considine SS Eagles: he didn't technically start but took 90% of defensive snaps, had 6 combined tackles including 1 for a big loss on Williams

Brett Keisel DE Steelers: 5 solo tackles

Aaron Smith DE Steelers: 4 solo tackles

Josh Thomas DE Colts: 2 tackles and a sack

Comments

with Baltimore, St. Louis, Saints, Bears and Titans having a bye week, there won't be that many players to follow this week

Matt Bryant Bucs kicker had a huge game winning FG of 62 ! yards, his season long was... 28!
Edited by: backrow

backrow

Hall of Famer
Sean Considine is being praised as a tackling machine... funnily enough he is not starting, he is splitting time with Lewis... and Lewis accidently started the game...
Sean had huge tackle for a loss on Williams. he really is one of the best tacklers i've seen in recent years.
Matt McCoy is playing an excellent game, 1 tackle for loss, 1 sack, forced fumble...

G

It took 6 years but Michael Vick had his first 4 TD game today!
smiley36.gif
Edited by: Philipj

G

Even though it looks like the Lions are going to lose, Furrey had a excellent game.
9 rec, 109 yards, and 1 TD. He led the team.

backrow

Hall of Famer
for some reason Archuleta is getting blamed big time for their inability to stop Manning...

backrow

Hall of Famer
boom, it took only half of a game, Archuleta is on the bench Vincent is playing...
smiley11.gif

bigwhitehorse

"He must be athletic to be able to dance like that". Was a comment made by an announcer during today's games, refering to a touchdown celebration. The NFL has gotten so pathetic....
smiley18.gif
smiley7.gif
smiley19.gif
smiley5.gif

smiley11.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I particularly enjoyed watching the pre-season "Super Bowl contenders" from Miami lose again. It was also nice to see Jacksonville lose to Houston and fall to 3-3. The Caste System's two blackest teams are both struggling.

surfsider

Guru
This is from an SI.com article. Inanity from Mr. Mexico.

When asked by HBO's Cris Carter if he ever wishes he had a Chad Johnson or a Randy Moss to throw to in Atlanta, Vick last week actually said this: " ... or a Marvin Harrison. I always think about that. I always think, if I played in Indianapolis, what type of effect would I have on that team? Or what would I be able to do different? It's something I wish I could do for just one week.''

I don't know about you, but I don't get the feeling Peyton Manning's quaking in his boots. But can you picture Manning or Tom Brady or someone of their ilk being quoted for the record saying he would like to play with Team X for "just one week?"

Me neither.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
According to the announcers of the Falcons-Steelers game, this was the first time in his six year career that Vick threw more than 2 TD passes in a game. He had 4 today. Six years for the "most dangerous weapon in NFL history" to have more than 2 touchdown throws in a game. Meanwhile, Peyton Manning threw 4 TDs in a game for the 14th time in his career.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
surfsider said:
This is from an SI.com article. Inanity from Mr. Mexico.

When asked by HBO's Cris Carter if he ever wishes he had a Chad Johnson or a Randy Moss to throw to in Atlanta, Vick last week actually said this: " ... or a Marvin Harrison. I always think about that. I always think, if I played in Indianapolis, what type of effect would I have on that team? Or what would I be able to do different? It's something I wish I could do for just one week.''

I don't know about you, but I don't get the feeling Peyton Manning's quaking in his boots. But can you picture Manning or Tom Brady or someone of their ilk being quoted for the record saying he would like to play with Team X for "just one week?"

Me neither.

Basically, Mr. Vick is throwing his team under the bus with his comments. He is pointing out that HE is the star of the Falcons, and if he only had better players around him, he no doubt would be the greatest of all living quarterbacks. But because the rest of his team blows chunks he is just another sub-par quarterback. It isn't his fault.

I wonder how Jenkins, White, and the rest of the receiving crew feel about having Mr. Mexico diss them in public.

p.s. When was the last time a white quarterback (besides Favre) was able to blame his poor production on a lack of good receivers? Joey Harrington? Kyle Boller? I didn't think so. Edited by: White Shogun

G

How he's the NFL highest payed player, I don't know. No black man deserves that much money.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Philipj said:
How he's the NFL highest payed player, I don't know. No black man deserves that much money.

Your first sentence makes sense. The second one doesn't.

bigunreal

Mentor
David Kircus was mentioned in an earlier post. I read on a fantasy site that rookie Brandon Marshall, with a sterling 2 catches for 20 something yards, "has finally surpassed Kircus as Denver's #3 WR." Huh? It's really amazing- Kircus has looked very impressive in his limited opportunities, and is admittedly Denver's fastest WR. There is just no getting over that skin pigmentation disorder.

Other thoughts on this week's action. Dallas Clark could have destroyed the Redskins' with a huge day, but was once again obviously limited by Manning and the Colts' staff. There is no question that this guy, who is open on almost every pattern he runs, and presents a mismatch against whoever covers him, is being forced to take a back seat in terms of looks and catches, because the team's two star WRs would throw hissy fits if he became the kind of pass-catching star he could (and should) be. Matt Jones got lucky- Reggie Williams and Ernest Wilford turned in such horrible performances that even the media had to mention it. He needs to return this week, however, and stop nursing his sore groin and/or hamstring (somehow his groin injury has transmogrified into a hamstring injury, at least according to the press). Wes Welker appears headed for #4 WR status on the Dolphins, thanks to rookie Darian Hagan. Hagan is a pass-dropping machine, like so many other black WRs with "athleticism," but we all know how that works, especially with a white-hating coach like Saban. Maybe we'll have to be satisfied with a handful of #4 white WRs from now on.

It really is getting hard to watch NFL games.

riggo

Phil Simms is the worst! The guy sounded like he wanted to have Vick's baby! I had to turn it off because of his incessant worship of Vick. The guy passed for more than 2 touchdowns in a game for the first time in his NFL career! Manning tosses 4 yesterday and it's just a routine day for him. I think i'll have to leave my radio off today so I can avoid the Vick apologists as they will likely announce he is now ready for the Hall of Fame!

Also, I heard one of the radio guys mention that Atlanta led the league in dropped passes. Excuses abound. It would be hilarious if it weren't so pathetic.

whiteCB

Master
Phil Simms is just plain awful when it comes to insighful color commentary. The guy couldn't act his way out of a wet paper bag.

surfsider

Guru
I guess if Vick had the Pittsburgh receiving corps he could have a Batch-like rating. The most dangerous player in the NFL was the third best QB in the game.

Ben Roethlisberger 16-22 238 3 0 147.3

Charlie Batch 8-13 195 2 0 145.0

Michael Vick 18-30 232 4 2 96.1

G

Look at what the former over rated Cris Carter had to say about Michael Vick:

Vick can throw too!
I knew Michael Vick was banged up coming into this game. As a result, the Falcons' game plan was to throw more and have fewer designed runs. Considering Vick threw a career-high four touchdown passes in the Falcons' 41-38 overtime victory, I'd say the plan was executed well.

The receivers got off to a slow start and, as is normally the case, tight end Alge Crumpler carried the passing attack early. With the running game and Crumpler, all the wide receivers have to do is come up with a couple of big catches. Ashley Lelie (four catches, 58 yards) is starting to establish himself as their go-to receiver.
smiley36.gif

Michael Vick got lucky in my opinion. The Steelers D isnt that good anymore anyways.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
13 yard TD for Shockey! I hope he gets a few more long passes tonight.

backrow

Hall of Famer
MNF: Manning to Shockey for 13 yards, TD Giants! too bad that it was Jeremy's first catch and it came in second half... Witten has no catches yet...
smiley11.gif