Week 3 2006

backrow

Hall of Famer
3 out of those 5 sacks came from white players! plus Gleason blocked that punt...
now if Saints hadn't cut Hass and Lyman, that would be a decent team to root for (but who wants white receivers in chocolate city!)

riggo

David Kircus was mentioned as being the fastest receiver on the Broncos and Madden noted that has probably the quickest too. I thought he might have a big game, but at least he did have a couple of nice plays.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
White Shogun said:
Actually, I saw where he was named 1 of 2 "Players of the Game" on Yahoo. This despite being out performed by Drew Brees.

I guess somebody had to get it by default on the Falcons as nobody had a good game. The defense didn't make any plays and the offense was putrid -- Dunn was ineffective and the clueless receivers couldn't hold on to the few accurate passes Vick threw. Vick's throwing is still sopoor that it makes a joke out of the claim that the blackening of the quarterback position is anything but contrived, just like the blackening of all the other positions that has taken place.

After watching DirecTV's NFL Ticket for years now, I find that just a single game like MNF becomes more and more difficult to watch if it's one-sided or poorly played like so many are. Endless stops in play for penalties, challenges, timeouts, "injured" players, and of course the non-stop parade of commercial breaks make the games seem endless with little continuous action.

voice

Guru
Don Wassall said:
White Shogun said:
Actually, I saw where he was named 1 of 2 "Players of the Game" on Yahoo. This despite being out performed by Drew Brees.

I guess somebody had to get it by default on the Falcons as nobody had a good game.  The defense didn't make any plays and the offense was putrid -- Dunn was ineffective and the clueless receivers couldn't hold on to the few accurate passes Vick threw.  Vick's throwing is still so poor that it makes a joke out of the claim that the blackening of the quarterback position is anything but contrived, just like the blackening of all the other positions that has taken place.

After watching DirecTV's NFL Ticket for years now, I find that just a single game like MNF becomes more and more difficult to watch if it's one-sided or poorly played like so many are.  Endless stops in play for penalties, challenges, timeouts, "injured" players, and of course the non-stop parade of commercial breaks make the games seem endless with little continuous action. 

You are correct, Don. Tivo may just extend the life of the NFL for the non-labotimized football fans.

smiley36.gif

The amount of time wasted on instant reply in college and pro football is really pretty ridicolous. That coupled with the number of commercials always present leads to what can quickly become a very boring experience...

hedgehog

Mentor
Matt_Bowen_Fan said:
McNabb completed 24 straight passes over two games...I'm not even certain why the announcers knew that stat.

Like I mentioned in the "Daunte" thread, they make up "mile-stone" statistics for for the black quarterbacks in the NFL. I believe the Donovan Mcnabb statistic the media likes to recite all the time is "most 300 yard games in a season ever, while having less then 10 interceptions"- using this technique, you could probably find some sort of record for every starting quarterback in the NFL.

I was watching that Falcons/Saints game last night and loved how the Falcons offense was chewed up. Those 3 white LB's from the Saints were in the backfield damn near every play.

Aside from having to listen to quite possibly the most nauseating cast of announcers to ever gobble microphones (Theiseman, Kornhieser and Tirico), I nearly spewed when I heard Tirico announce about midway through the 4th qtr. when St. Vick scramble for about a 20 yard gain something along the lines of "ah, but the magic of Michael Vick!"

Hey idiot! Brees and boys are handing Vick his ass and all you can do is fondle your groin every time Vick does something that even the most average QB in league does from time to time!

Damn they are sickening.

Anybody hear what the "gosh I wish I could sniff Mikes jock every day" Colin Cowherd had to say on Vicks performance last night? I wasn't near a radio.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Thats why I don't listen to those idiots. I listen to Marv and Boomer do the radio broadcast while watching it on TV, if I listen to it at all. The only ones I will listen to is Madden and Michaels, and thats just because of the entertainment value of Madden's 3 sentences of telling you what you already know about everything. I find it good comedy!

JD074

Master
White Shogun said:
Are they counting from the first complete pass he threw after his last incompletion in one game, and continue that into the next?

Here's McNabb's oh so great record (thanks to backrow for posting the link on the Mark Brunell thread:)

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/WAS/9682465

Donovan McNabb holds the NFL record for most consecutive passes competed over a two-game span with 24. That was 10 straight on Nov. 28, 2004 against the Giants and 14 in a row on Dec. 5 2004 against Green Bay.

Big f*cking deal. Brunell's record is much more impressive. As we know, the fact that they even mention it is truly a testament to the stupidity of the Caste System. Edited by: JD074

I definitely take back the nasty comments I made about the Saints the other day. Apparently, the team is significantly "Whiter" than last season because they're actually winning games again. Brees was definitely on point last night, as was Mr. Fujita. I'm just pissed that you guys started the "Vick bashing" without me.
smiley36.gif
Maybe all the jackass sportscasters will finally remove the halo from atop Vick's head. Then again...