Week 3 2006

backrow

Hall of Famer
Offense

Drew Bennett, WR Titans: 5 catches for 84 yards, longest for 36 yards, game high

Wes Welker, WR Dolphins: leading receiver on his team with 5 catches for 59 yards.

Dallas Clark, TE Colts: he made his sole catch of the night count: 30 yards for a TD

Owen Daniels and Mark Bruener, TEs Texans: had one short reception each, both for a TD

Chris Cooley, TE Redskins: caught for passes but for 18 yards only...

Mike Furrey, WR Lions: 3 catches for 38 yards

Heath Miller, TE Steelers: 3 catches for 34 yards

Will Heller, TE Seahawks: 3 catches for 28 yards, 1 TD

Todd Heap, TE Ravens: 5 catches for 36 yards, 1 TD

Eric Johnson, TE 49ers: finally caught some passes, 7 for 87 (both team high), and the only receiving TD of a day for his team, longest catch was of 26 yards...
i hope we can see Eric from 2004 when he had 82 receptions for 840 yards.

Matt Schobel, TE Eagles: 1 catch for 60 (!) yards

Jeremy Shockey, TE Giants: 4-58

Defense

Barrett Ruud, LB Bucs: 8 tackles

Travis LaBoy, DE Titans: 5 tackles, 1 sack

Kyle Vanden Bosch, DE Titans: 4 tackles 1 sack

Zach Thomas, LB Dolphins: 9 tackles, 1 interception

A.J. Hawk, LB Packers: 8 combined tackles including a sack

Brady Poppinga, LB Packers: 7 combined tackles

Chris Kelsay, DE Bills: 2 tackles and a sack

Justin Smith, DE Bengals: 5 tackles, 1 sack

Aaron Smith, DE Steelers: 5 combines tackles and a sack

Brett Keisel, DE Steelers: 2 tackles including a sack

Kevin Kaesviharn, S Bengals: 8 tackles, 1 interception and 1 forced fumble! great game for this veteran defensive back

Brian Urlacher, LB Bears: 10 combined tackles

Kelly Gregg, DT Ravens: 6 combined tackles, 1.5 sack

Simon Fraser, DE Browns: bashed by the media for his lack of overall "athletism" he put up great numbers in first start of his two year career: 4 solo tackles and 1 sack so far

Brian Russell, FS Browns: 5 solo tackles

Scott Fujita, LB Saints: 8 tackles (team high), 1 sack and a forced fumble (on Vick) in first quarter

Brian Young, DT Saints: 5 tackles, 1 sack

Scott Shanle, LB Saints: 4 tackles, 1 sack

Keith Brooking, LB Falcons: 9 tacklesEdited by: backrow

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like Kevin Curtis has become this year's version of Brandon Stokley, being rewarded for his excellent play by being all but phased out of the offense. He had just 1 catch for 7 yards.
smiley11.gif

backrow

Hall of Famer
all in all, not a great day so far (we still have DEN-NE and ATL-NO on MNF)...
Curtis caught 1 pass for 7 yards - he needs to get out of St. Louis after this season...
Stokley and Matt Jones were out...
Fox didn't get to play after all...
Alstott had 3 carries for 12 yards...
Eli Manning collected himself after 3 interceptions and threw for 3 TDs, but Giants defense was terrible today...

backrow said:
Brian Russell, FS Browns: 5 solo tackles

What, Russell didn't decapitate anyone today...lol. I was hoping for an encore against other simpleton recievers who deserve to be knocked silly. I heard he might be getting fined for his annihilation of Sir Chad Johnson of Cincinatti as well. If the NFL fines him, it will be a true disgrace.
smiley7.gif

white is right

Hall of Famer
backrow said:
all in all, not a great day so far (we still have DEN-NE and ATL-NO on MNF)...
Curtis caught 1 pass for 7 yards - he needs to get out of St. Louis after this season...
Stokley and Matt Jones were out...
Fox didn't get to play after all...
Alstott had 3 carries for 12 yards...
Eli Manning collected himself after 3 interceptions and threw for 3 TDs, but Giants defense was terrible today...
Wow Gruden threw Alstott some crumbs, I guess the cadillac is operating with bald tires....
smiley36.gif

backrow

Hall of Famer
yeah Caddy had 19 carries for a shocking average of 2.5, longest was for 11 yards, Mike had 3 carries, longest was 10, and two others came on short yardage situations... but Gruden would hate for people to see that he's been underutilizing Alstott all this time. And he hated to be proven wrong.

And Mark Brunell holds the new single game consecutive completion record. Shannon Sharpe, who I can barely understand when he speaks, was quick to point out that it is the single game record. Because a black holds the two game record...
smiley29.gif

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Matt_Bowen_Fan said:
And Mark Brunell holds the new single game consecutive completion record. Shannon Sharpe, who I can barely understand when he speaks, was quick to point out that it is the single game record. Because a black holds the two game record...
smiley29.gif

How do you have a two game 'consecutive completion record?'

Does that mean that in the first game not one pass went incomplete, and the stats carried over to the second game?

If not, who holds the record for most consecutive completions in three games? Four? A season? Career? wtf does that mean anyway, outside of how many passes you throw before one misses?

Has there ever been a game when a quarterback DID NOT have an incompletion?

McNabb completed 24 straight passes over two games...I'm not even certain why the announcers knew that stat.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Matt_Bowen_Fan said:
McNabb completed 24 straight passes over two games...I'm not even certain why the announcers knew that stat.

Are they counting from the first complete pass he threw after his last incompletion in one game, and continue that into the next?

In effect, they're saying he has the most complete passes in a row, ever, stretching out over however many games that would entail (in this case, two.) From the end of one game to the next, before his first incomplete pass.

Interesting that they kept track of that. Was it a stat before McNabb set the record?

Deus Vult

Mentor
Matt_Bowen_Fan said:

'Cause they got the post-Limbaugh memo on McNabb and Black QBs in general!

surfsider

Guru
Hit the locker room at the the gym at 2:00 and saw Bob Ley's mug as he kicked off ESPN's MNF pre-game show! After workout I was met in the locker room by the scary, Gollum-like, visage of Spike Lee going on about the horrors of the Superdome during the Katrina debacle. Can't even begin to imagine the inane treacly sentiments that will be bandied about tonight.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Did they clean up all of the sh!t and dead bodies so decent white people can go see a game there?

jaxvid said:
Did they clean up all of the sh!t and dead bodies so decent white people can go see a game there?

Don't forget all the weapons that the black thugs used to terrorize people who were trapped in "da dome" as well.

After looking at the complexion of the Saints roster, as a White person, you have to ask yourself: do you really want to go watch them jive up and down the field anyway? I mean, if this had happened in New England, and I couldn't watch the relatively White Patriots play, I'd be upset. But, come on, the Saints? I wouldn't support that team if you played me to.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I'll watch it, but I won't listen to it.

backrow

Hall of Famer
at least Saints have some white players on defense: Fujita, Youbg, Simoneau, Shanle...

btw is Jordan Beck starting for Falcons?

PS Gleason blocked that punt that gave Saints a TD, good job!Edited by: backrow

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
St. Michael came under virtually no scrutiny despite his terrible performance. It was just an "off game."

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I am glad the Saints won and that Vick had such a bad game, but thats about it.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I hate the Saints for cutting Mike Hass but I'm still happy they won.I never want to see M.Vick win a game let alone go to the playoffs.I can't stand this guy.Did you guys see the block the Drew Brees threw.Very nice.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
St. Michael came under virtually no scrutiny despite his terrible performance. It was just an "off game."

Actually, I saw where he was named 1 of 2 "Players of the Game" on Yahoo. This despite being out performed by Drew Brees.

Seriously? I saw the blocked punt, and fell asleep. I'm just happy the lowly Saints beat the crap out of the Falcons. I wish I could see how many yards Vick lost on sacks...