UFC 86 fight predictions

patriot

Guru
205 Quinton Jackson 27-6 vs Forrest Griffen 15-4- As much as I want Forrest to win I just don't see it happening. Jackson is to goos of a striker and Forrest will not be able to take him down. However I do predict it going the distance. Jackson UD

185 Patrick Cote 13-4vs Ricardo Almeda 9-2- Cote has faced much tougher competition and has looked very impressive in all of his fighter. Almeda stand up doesn't impress me and he hasn't beaten anyone. I say Cote second round TKO.

155 Joe Steveson vs Gleison Tibau- Stevenson is one of the best at 155 and coming off a loss to Penn is going to make him even tougher to beat. Stevenson in 1st round submission.

170 Josh Koscheck 13-2vs Chris Lyte- Lyte has got a lot of heart, but when he faces the level of competition Koscheck is at he always fails. Koscheck by 3rd submission.

155 Tyson Griffen 11-1vs Marcus Aurelio 14-5- Tyson Griffen is one of the best at 155 and training with Rady Couture has made him better. His is only 22 and is at the skill level of a person in their late 20s. Griffen will take Aurelio to the ground quickly. Griffen by 1 round ko.

240 Gabreil Gonzaga vs Justin McCully- McCully is a former TUF. He trains with Tito Ortiz and is an impressive wrestler. Gonzaga looked impressive against Crocop, bus his wrestling skill isn't as developed as McCully. prediction McCully ud

Jorge Gurgel 16-3 155 vs Cole Miller 13-3 155- Miller has the youth and endurance but Gurgel has the experience. Gurgle by Sub.

155 Melvin Guillard 39-8-3vs Denis Silver 11-5- Guillard always has to have an unskilled white guy to face and beat so the public can build him up and knock him down again. He will beat the unskiled Silver and then lose his next fight to a skill BJJ fighter.

155 Corey Hill vs Justin Bucholz- teh one thing Corey Hill has for himself is his ability to be 6-4 and 155. He is relatively unskilled. He does doesn't have much power and has no clue what he is doing on the ground. Bucholz isn't much better but I think he will win. Bucholz by Sub

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Easy picks today:

Griffin, Cote, Tibau, Aurelio.

smiley20.gif

Seriously, I think you guys are all underestimating Forrest.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Hey itsme,I don't think the Rampage/Forrest fight and the Cote/Almeida fights are easy pick ems. They could go either way. I am picking Forrest by submission in the 2nd round and a Cote knockout of Almeida.

itsme

Guru
guest301 said:
Hey itsme,I don't think the Rampage/Forrest fight and the Cote/Almeida fights are easy pick ems. They could go either way. I am picking Forrest by submission in the 2nd round and a Cote knockout of Almeida.

Submission in the 2nd round?
smiley5.gif

Don't get me wrong, I really like him but i think there are only 3 guy's in the UFC who can defeat Rampage and neither of them is Forrest.

Machida, Wandy and a healthy Shogun would be my candidates.

The Cote-Almeida fight is 50-50. It's either Cote by KO or Almeida by submission.

guest301

Hall of Famer
itsme

I appreciate and totally understand why you would pick Rampage in this fight but why do you think picking Forrest by submission is totally out of left field with that incredulous emoticon you used. Forrest just beat the hell out of and submitted arguably the best 205 guy on the planet in Shogun(at the time) who incidentally beat Rampage. Forrest is the underdog but not by that much and you shouldn't be shocked if Forrest wins and in the strange world of MMA, you shouldn't be shocked with almost anything that happens when you put two elite fighters like Rampage and Forrest in the cage. I think the argument I am making here holds merit regardless of the outcome tonight. Go Forrest.

Edited by: guest301

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I think Forrest might sub Rampage as well, but not til the later rounds. I guarantee you Rampage does not have Forrest's gas tank. If Rampage doesn't finish Forrest early, Forrest will get the stoppage by sub, ref, or win at the final bell.

Poacher

Mentor
White Shogun said:
I think Forrest might sub Rampage as well, but not til the later rounds. I guarantee you Rampage does not have Forrest's gas tank. If Rampage doesn't finish Forrest early, Forrest will get the stoppage by sub, ref, or win at the final bell.

Hell yeah. Forrest is a lion. The win over Shogun cancels out the Jardine debacle in my opinion. I think he can and will win.

Other than the Rampage/ Forrest fight this card holds no interest for me.

G

Griffin's main advantage here is that he is bigger. I believe he is the biggest fighter at 205 in the world, although there might be an obscure guy who is bigger.

patriot

Guru
corey hill really needs to eat something. It is hard for a guy to root for a fighter who is Manorexic.