Quarry over Starnes
Bisping over McCarthy
Danzing over Bocek
MacDonald over Doerkson
Maia over Herman
Clementi over Stout

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
I'll go with Serra and Lutter just because nobody seems to be picking them.

Not too familiar with some of the undercard guys. Which fights are the caste matchups?

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Liverlips said:
Not too familiar with some of the undercard guys. Which fights are the caste matchups?

There aren't any.

There are no black fighters on the card.
Edited by: White Shogun

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
It was nice seeing those promo posters in sports bars for this UFC card. Four bad-ass white MEN (GSP, Serra, Lutter, Franklin). I was in San Antonio on business and two young Hispanic couples were waiting for a table. The two girls looked at the poster and said GSP was hot. One of the guys mentioned that GSP was his favorite fighter.

jared

Mentor
Bisping looked a lot better at 185. I'm still baffled by the Starnes debacle though.

Ex-PhillyGuy

Half-breed metis Starnes embarrassed himself and suckered the fans in that fight. Quarry's antics and the Canadian crowds booing almost made it right again though.
smiley36.gif

guest301

Hall of Famer
Dana White cut Starnes from the UFC roster yesterday.

JD074

Master
Why did they put Lutter in against Franklin? He should have fought an easier fight to set up a rematch against Silva. I like how UFC fighters will fight anyone, any time, any place, but I think this can go to extremes sometimes. They need to be more strategic, pick better opponents, or get better management, or something. Then again, maybe they're afraid that White will kick them out of the UFC if they don't obey his every command. I dunno.

Ex-PhillyGuy

Why would Lutter warrant a rematch with Silva? He came in overweight and lost against an Anderson Silva coming off knee surgery. He looked the best that anyone has against Silva, but certainly not rematch worthy. His performance against Franklin confirms he might just not have it in order to be a champion.

Ex-PhillyGuy

I honestly hope that Matt Lindland will be the one to come to the UFC and beat Silva. Hendo had it in the first round. While Lindland is usually not held as high esteem as Hendo I actually feel that Lindland would utilize his wrestling more instead of trying to outstrike the best striker.

If only Dana White would get over himself and make it happen.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I'm worried the Lutter-Franklin match is going to setup another Franklin-Silva rematch instead of Lutter-Silva. I don't want to see Franklin brutalized again and driven out of the sport. He is in a no-win situation. He can't beat the top dog, but no one else at middle weight can beat him. He is too good a gate keeper.

I think the UFC is now grooming Bisping for the next shot at Silva, perhaps after Okami. But they need to keep Bisping away from Franklin or he won't get a shot at Silva, either.

guest301

Hall of Famer
White Shogun said:
I'm worried the Lutter-Franklin match is going to setup another Franklin-Silva rematch instead of Lutter-Silva. I don't want to see Franklin brutalized again and driven out of the sport. He is in a no-win situation. He can't beat the top dog, but no one else at middle weight can beat him. He is too good a gate keeper.

I think the UFC is now grooming Bisping for the next shot at Silva, perhaps after Okami. But they need to keep Bisping away from Franklin or he won't get a shot at Silva, either.

I was thinking the same thing Shogun. Let somebody else beat Silva if they can and if Franklin gets a 3rd chance, I hope it's a couple of years from now and not right away. He's clearly still a elite fighter but Silva just has his number.