UFC 164

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)

PRELIMINARY CARD (FOX Sports 1, 8 p.m. ET)

PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook, 6:30 p.m. ET)

Old Scratch

Mentor
I was always confused by Iaquinta, I always thought his last name was Arabic especially because of the combo with his first name (al-Iaquinta), but he didn't look Semitic at all so I looked it up and it's just an Italian name. So he's an Italian-American guy from Long Island named Al.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Yep - lots of Italians on Long Island. Good win for him and Cedenblad so far.

Old Scratch

Mentor
If Krylov had been taken down in the center I bet he'd have submitted him. He's probably unfamiliar with the cage and the ref kept messing with his feet.

Old Scratch

Mentor
They were both exhausted, Krylov basically fell on the ground and curled up as the big fattie hit him with pitter patter ground and pound until the ref mercifully (for the audience) stopped it.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
The first Eastern European fighter I have seen who doesn't fight with much aggression. Zero TDD.

Hawkeye2

Mentor
Soa vs Krylov might be one of the worst fights I have seen in a long time. Krylov has really bad TDD and cardio. Soa has no cardio and terrible technique.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Tim Elliott with some top level grappling and striking. I hate the 125 pounders but since UFC made the class we might as well have a white champ.

Old Scratch

Mentor
Well I just got confirmation by Joe Rogan that you can push with your feet even grip with your toes on the fence as he mentioned it just now, that ref in the earlier HW fight was absolutely terrible at his job and I think cost Krylov a submission in the first round.

Old Scratch

Mentor
Why go for ground and pound against an exhausted fighter that is tying you up when you can have the ref force them to stand.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Varner probably deserved the win but he should not have been outwrestled by Tibau in the first place.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Good win for Ben Rothwell who is simply a massive man. Very slow though and I see him as a mid tier guy at heavyweight.

Vera is essentially 1-5 in his last 6 (his loss to Thiago Silva was overturned when Silva pissed hot). Gotta think he is gone to Bellator of WSOF.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Mendes is the best at 145 right now IMO. I think he beats Aldo now. He will stop Guida.