UCLA recruit class of 2017

Shadowlight

Master
Garrett Mitchell is a blazingly fast OF that has signed with UCLA.( 2017 class) He blew everyone away at a recent camp by running a 6.4 60 yard dash. Next fastest was 6.64. He will probably make headlines in the future because he is a full blown diabetic but that should not prevent him from playing at the top levels.
I know we don't have another baseball forum for younger players but anytime I see up and coming speedster stars hell I just can't ignore them. WE ARE DESPERATE these days and starving for any sign of SPEED!!!

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Garrett Mitchell is a blazingly fast OF that has signed with UCLA.( 2017 class) He blew everyone away at a recent camp by running a 6.4 60 yard dash. Next fastest was 6.64. He will probably make headlines in the future because he is a full blown diabetic but that should not prevent him from playing at the top levels.
I know we don't have another baseball forum for younger players but anytime I see up and coming speedster stars hell I just can't ignore them. WE ARE DESPERATE these days and starving for any sign of SPEED!!!

Good stuff Shadowlight. Thanks for the post! We'll be watching out for Mr. Mitchell.

As you probably know, we do have some speed in MLB, however, we don't get a whole lot of credit other than someone like Mike Trout who doesn't really make many base stealing attempts because of his power and overall playing ability the Angels probably don't want to risk injury to him trying to steal.

To my surprise I heard an announcer say during the Oakland Athletics game the other night that lead off hitter Billy Burns, 26 SB's, 9 triples, was a real speedster/burner in the leadoff position. You really don't hear many announcer/analyst describing white players as burners anymore. I was shocked.

There's also Colorado's Charlie Blackmon with 42 SB's, Arizona's A.J. Pollock 38 SB's. Heck even Arizona's 6'3 235 lb. Paul Goldschmidt is a base stealing threat, stealing 21 of 26 attempts. The fastest first baseman in MLB.

Blackmon is also second in the league in triples with 9 and Tampa Bays Kevin Kiermaier led the league in triples for much of the year has dropped to second with 12.

Last edited: