Tyson Fury says all his toes are OK for his fight with Chisora

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Fury won the fight with superior skill and conditioning. For a 22 year old he displays polish that a fighter around 30 shows after 30+ pro fights. I think he should clean up the British domestic class of heavyweights. It would be a good level for him to work on his offensive skills set and the level of opponents probably aren't good enough to give him anything more than a good workout. I just hope his management team doesn't go for the fast money and pursue a shot against Wlad or Vitali.

Fury is too slow to compete with Wladmir or Vitali.

Liverlips2

Haye might be too much for him right now as well. But I'd rather see that match than Wlad or Vitali demolish Tyson in 2-3 rounds.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
I liked what I saw from Fury today.

He has decent skills and is very crafty, which makes up for a lack of athleticism.

And he's still young and improving. I hope he doesn't fight a Klitschko soon, he'll be better off avoiding them and getting another year or two of experience before going for a title shot.

Last edited:

The Hock

Master
Didn't know what to expect for this fight. What's with all these supertall white fighters coming out of the woodwork? Wasn't that long ago a heavy over Six six or so could barely make it through the ropes without stumbling. Fury showed himself to be more than just a name with this one.

Guru
Very good fight!

Tyson has a lot of good qualities and I was impressed. There was a few rough moments in there but he got through them. He has a very good workrate for such a big man and he mixes up his punches and throws combos well.

I don't want to see Tyson in there with Vlad next though. He would probably make a few million fighting Vlad, maybe 10 or 15 times what he's making now. Is it worth it? A fight with Vlad for the title and a big purse may not come around again.

ALBINO RHINO

haye??

I am probably the first to admit on this site, but Haye is legit.[

ur the first to say that outside of his camp!!! though fury needs to hit the weights and and add more power to his punch, he could chase the draft dodging Haye around the ring and take care of business. fosho

Westside

Hall of Famer
Just viewed the fight. A couple of things. 1st Chisora is a B level or B- fighter at the heavyweight ranks. When I heard he was coming in at 260 lbs, I expected a James Toney fat pill. Chisora carried his weight very well.

2nd, Tyson's win was a great performance at the current level. He displayed great stamina and skills as well as great chin in getting the win.

3rd, now, Tyson needs to hire a premire strength and conditioning coach from the states. A good recommendation would be PACMAN's. Anyway, I think if he comes in at 245 lbs after biting the bullet or climbing the mountain, he could be the next heavyweight champ after Wlad or Viatali of course. Great win and chin . Things look bright for Tyson and he is so young. I am officially on the bandwagon, if he hires that strength and condiitioning coach.

werewolf

Hall of Famer
"Tyson needs to hire a premire strength and conditioning coach from the states"

Why from the states? I'd like to see the sport of boxing get away from the gangster domination - the Don Kings and Atlases and Kellermans and Jewish-Russian Mafiya and Greenberg and his HBO and the rest of the US jewsmedia - in what was once the USA.

Otherwise I pretty much agree. Chisora was a very dangerous puncher. It was a much much better fight than I expected. Good sportsmanship too. If Chisora stood there making his funny faces at WK or VK he would have gotten knocked on his ass.

Another Great Black Hope bites the dust.

Westside

Hall of Famer
"Tyson needs to hire a premire strength and conditioning coach from the states"

Why from the states? I'd like to see the sport of boxing get away from the gangster domination - the Don Kings and Atlases and Kellermans and Jewish-Russian Mafiya and Greenberg and his HBO and the rest of the US jewsmedia - in what was once the USA.

Werewolf, I only said Pacman's because right now the man gets significant results, as evidence by Amir Khan's beat down of Zab Judea last night. Khan looked to be in sensational condition. I bet Tyson would benefit hugely with this strength and conditioning coach. If there is another trainer in Europe or elesewhere then that would great as well.

Wlad and Vitali are self starters, whereas Tyson needs motivation and supervision in getting in tip top condition IMO.

werewolf

Hall of Famer
Good win, and Fury is all the rage right now, but I still like the other giant Englishman, David Price, better. He beat Fury in the amateurs. Fury seems to like to bring his name up to disparage him. Boxrec now has Fury listed as #9 in the world, Price #47.

More and more giants. Boxing badly needs some more heavy weight divisions. Right now there is really no place in boxing for someone who weighs in just over 200 pounds unless they face a huge handicap witha much bigger men, and meanwhile the lighter and middle weight classes have absurdly small parameters. I've been going on about this for years.

ww

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I still don't know if Fury is a legit top 10 heavyweight. Chisora isn't exactly Sam Peter and Helenius got through Peter. I sure hope he doesn't get Klitschko next as he's certainly not ready for him and probably never will be.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Good win, and Fury is all the rage right now, but I still like the other giant Englishman, David Price, better. He beat Fury in the amateurs. Fury seems to like to bring his name up to disparage him. Boxrec now has Fury listed as #9 in the world, Price #47.

More and more giants. Boxing badly needs some more heavy weight divisions. Right now there is really no place in boxing for someone who weighs in just over 200 pounds unless they face a huge handicap witha much bigger men, and meanwhile the lighter and middle weight classes have absurdly small parameters. I've been going on about this for years.

ww
Yes eventually boxing will adopt a super cruiserweight division. I think the WBU had the belt the in the late 90's. Really the Klitschko vs Haye fight showed what a skilled big man will do to an undersized good heavyweight. The only problem is that a new division will further dilute the cruiserweight division and will force undersized fighters to gain more weight to cosmetically appear competitive with a big heavyweight.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Good win, and Fury is all the rage right now, but I still like the other giant Englishman, David Price, better. He beat Fury in the amateurs. Fury seems to like to bring his name up to disparage him. Boxrec now has Fury listed as #9 in the world, Price #47. <br>
<br>
More and more giants. Boxing badly needs some more heavy weight divisions. Right now there is really no place in boxing for someone who weighs in just over 200 pounds unless they face a huge handicap witha much bigger men, and meanwhile the lighter and middle weight classes have absurdly small parameters. I've been going on about this for years.<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
ww
Yes eventually boxing will adopt a super cruiserweight division. I think the WBU had the belt the in the late 90's. Really the Klitschko vs Haye fight showed what a skilled big man will do to an undersized good&nbsp; heavyweight. The only problem is that a new division will further dilute the cruiserweight division and will force undersized fighters to gain more weight to cosmetically appear competitive with a big heavyweight.

werewolf

Hall of Famer
Boxing weight divisions are antiquated and make no sense. For instance the super middleweight division, 160 to 168, is only eight pounds wide; and then comes the light heavyweight division, only seven pounds, 168 to 175; and then it jumps to cruiserweight which is 25 pounds, 175 to 200; and then it jumps to heavyweight where there's no limit at all.

Right now boxing has fairly well shut out fighters who weigh a little over 200 pounds unless they take on a big weight handicap because most of the top heavies are now coming in around 250 or more.