Tyson Deconstructed

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Here are some quotes from an interview of Tyson conducted by ESPN shortly after the fight.

Its amazing to see this coming out of Tyson's mouth.

"I wasn't truly into it. If you're a fighter your heart has to be in it more than your physical attributes. There's nothing like the fighting heart, and I don't have the fighting heart for that kind of work."

"I was just so happy to quit. I was just tired of doing this for so long. I'm just happy not to do it no more. It's such a shallow world I am involved with and I can't take it no more. It's like being in the den of iniquity."

"Everything he hit me with hurt. That's what happens when you get in that state," Tyson said. "Everything hurts. I used to get hit by Razor Ruddock, and nothing. Now, damn, everything hurts. He hurt me. I'm just gonna soak my body later. I'm in pain. I don't want to move now because I'm so damn sore." [WAY TO GO MCBRIDE!!]

"Then I came out of jail and I beat guys because they were basically scared," Tyson said. "I scared these guys [Frank Bruno and Bruce Seldon] out of two belts."

"That's our whole existence - to contribute to the world and make it a better place in some way. In my life I contributed to make it a bad place."

"I never appreciated the fame unless I used it to get what I wanted. Great, I never had to wait in line for a restaurant or a club. I never had a problem getting the best girl. I abused it like that."

[url]http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/columns/story?column ist=rafael_dan&id=2083509&num=1 [/url]

dkr77

Guru
It's just a matter of time before Tyson is caught selling crack and ends up in jail. Right now he is just a medicated time bomb.