Toby Gerhart

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Peterson said what any first rate player should say, I give him credit, the NFL as a whole not so much especially the white anti-white caste clowns.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Like y'all said, Peterson saying this is good, but it would be great if Fov-uh-ruh or one of his coaches said something similar. In the end it matters not who says what, but that it (Toby getting more carries/passes) actually happens. NFL talk means nothing to me.

WhiteWorld

Peterson giving advice to a Stanford grad, I'm sure Gerhart knows that playbook inside out. Peterson should worry about himself, if he wants to avoid injuries he'd welcome Gerhart in an expanded role.

DWFan

Mentor
Apparently Gerhart is no longer even considered third down back material.

jhbdgbEdited by: DWFan

G

Black Run America strikes again and its killing the NFL, this Wulf character has seriously imbibed too much African ganga and now he is running his org like a stolen farm in Zimbabwe. Pox on them

Westside

Hall of Famer
If Toby, based on the article posted by DWFan, doesn't demand a trade at the conclusion of the season, he is going to be marginalized to fullback status, and WSTD status, see Jacob Hester. The time to get out of Minnesota is about 45 days away.

foobar75

Master
MIN will be either drafting or signing another RB this off-season.

Any hopes of Gerhart being a featured back in MIN are over, and his only chance at this time is with another team. Time is running out.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
To "H-E double hockey sticks" with the Viqueens and their caste agenda! I hope "(g)A(y)-P" regains last years case of fumblitis & is (re)exposed as the overhyped afrolete he is!
smiley7.gif

Toby needs to cut bait & get outta dodge. He's far too talented to not be getting carries at RB. I'm glad to see the Viqueens fold this year (Favre or no Favre).

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Toby getting some carries due to an injury to Peterson today. Ended up with 76 yards and his first NFL TD. Not a bad day, all things considered. Here's to a whole lot more yardage and TDs in the future!
smiley20.gif

Toby.jpg

After TD
TobyTD-1.jpg

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Nice pics. That had to be special to score his first nfl td and then to have Brett come and hug him. What a day for Toby Gerhart!

JReb1

Mentor
TG's APC wasn't all that bad considering his longest run (I think) was for 6 yards. Toby had to grind out his yards to lead the Vikes to a victory!
smiley32.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Yep, considering he came into a close game cold, Toby had a good day. Toby has always needed some time/carries to get warmed up before he really becomes an elite back. That's why it is so important for him to end up with a team that will use him as a starter. If he splits carries, his YPC will most likely be lower.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Hey, 76 yards and a touchdown run in just over a half as the main runner is excellent!

Peterson was dying to get back in the game, which can be attributed to his desire to play, and maybe his jealousy of Gerhart, or both. Doesn't matter, Toby proved himself today. He has slowly but surely gotten better ever since his "teammates" mercilessly hazed him in training camp. That could not have been easy to deal with, especially since his magina coach and no one else in the organization would publicly stand up for him.Edited by: Don Wassall

snow

Mentor
did anyone else notice that Gerhart was lined up as a fullback on the td run, 3 yards behind the line? Does anyone know if they lined him up that way a lot when he ran today? Might explain his ypc. Im glad he got carries today, but hope they use him the same way he was usedat Stanford.
If Peterson is itching to get back in the game next week because of jealousy, he might play too soon and worsen the injury. If they rest him next week we get to see Gerhart, if he doesn't, we might see Gerhart later on, unless the new coach decides to bring in a ton of scrubs.Edited by: snow

foobar75

Master
Here's a nice article on Gerhart's day today. It basically confirms what we've been saying here at CF all along. Toby needs a steady dose of carries to find his rhythm and then he gets going. After getting 4 yards on his first 3 carries, looks like he just settled in and pretty much every carry after that went for 4-5 yards.

I don't wish anything bad upon Peterson, but it sure would be nice if he sat out this week and Toby got one more chance to pad his resume and show what he can do.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/11/28/AR2010112804192.html

backrow

Hall of Famer
no, he mostly run as a halfback Snow.

he displays good power but i can't help but notice he is not as dynamic and shifty as Hillis.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Backrow, I think Hillis is a bit heavier than Toby and almost as fast, but when your running full tilt, those extra 20 or so pounds add to you moving the pile or just obliterating DB types. Besides Hillis now knows his the MAN, and that always gives one confidence and spring in their step, which he obviously has.

If Toby is given the ball for more than 5 reps and produces, his confidence and spring will soar.

Borussia

Guru
Toby Gerhart will be truly dangerous if provided the chance to get his feet wet in game battles and find his rhythm as we've said all year.
Peterson does not want to sit out too long for probably a variety of reason ranging from sheer competitive drive, passion and self survival - he knows the potential of Gerhart. Believe me.

Now, in a odd twist of fate, perhaps Frazier will indeed be fair to Toby.
Peterson is still #1, yet if provided the opportunity, Gerhart can be the solid #2 and eventually take over when AP gets seriously injured.
The playing of scrub black stiff backups was laughable.

Childress was no friend of Gerhart.
That much we know.

Edited by: Borussia

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I think it'stoo early at this point to know if Peterson will definitely be back for the next game or not. Ankle sprains can sometimes linger. Just ask Pierre Thomas.
smiley1.gif
From HateWhiteyWorld:

Vikings interim coach Leslie Frazier wouldn't reveal much on Adrian Peterson (ankle) at his Monday press conference, saying all he's been told is that AP has a sprain. Frazier said he would defer to the trainers on Peterson's status. He's slated to get an MRI Monday, and we'll know more after the results of that, but Profootballtalk.com has reported that Peterson will be available for Week 13

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
It would be nice if Peterson is held out this Sunday (or his role very limited for precautionary reasons) and Toby steps up and has a nice day averaging over the league average of 4 YPC. Truth is that the Vikings o-line has been average at best in run blocking this year when I've watched them. Peterson is one of the few backs in the league along with the only shifty white back allowed to play (Woodhead) and a small number of black backs that can make something out of nothing consistently. Peterson is a truly special talent, but Gerhart could be an above average starter with average blocking if given enough carries to find his grove. Gerhart would be best as a workhorse back (as he was at Stanford).

snow

Mentor
Well, hopefully get gets at least 15 carries next week, perfect opportunity to get his confidence up, hes going against the Bills who are ranked dead last in rush defense. Once that happens he will realize its not much different than college ball, and he will start breaking off bigger gains. He had a 22 yard run in preseason, I think we can see better the more chances he gets. As far as not being as shifty as Hillis, its hard to tell, Gerhart has a unique style where his change of direction is very subtle, watching in slow motion, when he changes direction, he usually dips his shoulder in the direction he is going to, reminds me of an airplane, he dips his shoulder, in college the hole wouldn't be straight ahead, he would dip his shoulder and somehow be in the hole .

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
I think it'stoo early at this point to know if Peterson will definitely be back for the next game or not. Ankle sprains can sometimes linger. Just ask Pierre Thomas.
smiley1.gif
From HateWhiteyWorld:
<div></div>
<div>Vikings interim coach Leslie Frazier wouldn't reveal much on Adrian Peterson (ankle) at his Monday press conference, saying all he's been told is that AP has a sprain. Frazier said he would defer to the trainers on Peterson's status. He's slated to get an MRI Monday, and we'll know more after the results of that, but Profootballtalk.com has reported that Peterson will be available for Week 13</div>

We can all dream Toby will get a few starts if Peterson is injured a bit longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.