Tito v Ken

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Don't know if anybody watched the fight Tuesday night, but Tito beat Ken in exactly the same fashion he did in their last fight - against the fence, raining punches and elbows. He knocked Ken out with punches, unconscious KO not TKO. Big John had to stop the fight.

Afterwards, Tito put on a shirt that said "Punishing him into retirement," and did his gravedigger routine. Ken went to him, said a few words. It looked like Ken was honestly trying to bury the hatchet. Shamrock admitted that Tito had knocked him out, that Tito won fair and square, then went on to thank all the fans, etc. He basically gave his retirement speech.

Ortiz apologized for his antics, said it was part of the show. He is scheduled to fight Chuck Liddell in December.

Ortiz has been training a couple of the TUFer's, most notably Kendall Grove, the gangsta from Hawaii. Showing that he has learned more from Tito than ground and pound, he too, did the gravedigger routine after beating his overmatched opponent. Truly classless.

They matched Ed Herman up against a Canadian redhead named Jason MacDonald. The jiu-jitsu is strong with that one; he had awesome technique and set up Herman perfectly for a triangle choke. Herman was defeated like 2 minutes into the first round. If any of you remember from TUF 3, Herman was the Leben clone, who constantly whined and complained the whole show about how great he was and how pissed he was that Tito Ortiz didn't pick him for his team.

MacDonald, for his part said that if the UFC brought him in to be Ed Herman's stepping stone, they made a big mistake: he is nobody's stepping stone. After watching his display of jiu-jitsu, I'd have to agree with him. It was mentioned that he had tried out for TUF but didn't make the cut, once again proving the show is about reality TV drama and entertainment, not about giving the best unknown fighters a shot at prime time (expect more blacks and minorities on the show in the future, IMO.)

Matt Hamill from TUF 3 (the deaf guy) also fought on the undercard, winning a unanimous decision in a good fight.

White_Savage

Mentor
Yeah, what can you say about that one? Ken should've moved down to MW years ago if he wanted to keep fighting, but his pride wouldn't let him do it. Theres only so much the smaller man can do against the bigger man, even if you build up a bodybuilder physique like Shamrock.

Tito may not be complete ass in RL, but he acts like one to sell tickets, is that better or worse? Obviously a great coach, glad Burkman is training with him. And yes, I hope someone beats Kendall Grove to a pulp soon. He's one who's so assinine, I don't care about race, someone needs to punish him abit.

McDonald has had a good career outside of the UFC, and I knew he wasn't a can going in. CUTTING a guy with an elbow while triangling him, that's just brutal, in a good way.

KG2422

Mentor
I'm surprised Shamrock didn't try to throw punches with him. That was really his only chance. He went straight into locking up, unlike last time where he at least tried to catch him with something. And I think this has just as much or more to do with his age as it does with his size.

Triad

Mentor
Shamrock looked like a guy trying to collect a check and be a headliner one last time. At 42, I can't blame him.

Ortiz ,who I started to like during TUF, did his classless act at the end and then flipped off Shamrock who was trying to shake his hand. Now I can't stand him and hope Liddell pounds him again.

aussieaussie

Father time has caught up to the most dangerous man in the world. Ken should have probably retired before he even had the first fight with Tito. He once was a great fighter, and will always be a legend. However you could just see that he is over the hill. I am a huge shamrock fan but when father time comes a knockin?

freedom1

Mentor
Yes, Shamrock should've quit after he lost to Frye in Pride. A few fighters age gracefully, but most don't. It's a young man's game. He was a great fighter. It's just sad that he had to meet his end at the hands of pr'ck like Tito.