Tim Tebow

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Colonel_Reb said:
Don Wassall said:
ToughJ.Riggins said:
How can they honestly say that after his first start with a straight face? Tebow has a 120 QB rating right now and has run for 5.3 YPC with a long of 40 already! Yahooligan/white rivals is now pushing their "agenda" of skepticism of Tebow too- what a joke. Tebow could end up being the player Mike Vick is this year for his entire career (unlike Vick who just figured it out and has to prove he's more than a 1 year wonder). Barber may have stood up for the athleticism of Sehorn and Sean Bennett in the media, but I have lost much respect for his "bold" outrageous tone as an analyst. He overdoes it with trying to make headlines...just tell the truth for crying out loud!
<div></div>
<div></div>
<div></div>
<div></div>
<div> </div>
<div>Does that mean we can bury the Tiki Barber tribute thread once and for all?
smiley2.gif
</div>
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif

I actually hope some lurkers dig it up now. Maybe you can even post some of my quotes from it lol. I'll be a good sport as you guys humored me when I wrote it despite almost all of you thinking it was ridiculous.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Tough, I just looked for it through a search but must have typed the wrong thing, as I got no results. Actually the search timed out.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Colonel, it was basically an essay on the nobility and deep conviction of Tiki Barber, something you might see on a Giants blog or fan site of Tiki. It was almost DWFish. My excuse was being blinded by my allegiance to the Giants...
smiley36.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I remember the thread well, but blanked on the title. Thanks for the reminders, Tough and Don! Funny to go back and read through it again.
smiley36.gif

snow

Mentor
whiteathlete33 said:
white lightning said:
Now Tiki Barber is saying Tim Tebow is not qb material. He says on a video at yahoo that he might be able to be a backup someday. What a lie. They are so jealous of Tebow. It's so clear to see. He will be better than Garrard, Vick and many others before long if they just play him. It's amazing to me that they judge a guy after one game. To say he can't play at this level is a lie. How can they try to ruin this kids career. What they don't know is that Tebow is a warrior. He will not back down to them or anyone. This mentality is what will take him to the top.

Tiki Barber is a scumbag. I remember some members stated he was a good guy. He's not. Just because he speaks proper English and conducts himself better than most affletes doesn't mean a thing. He's jealous of players like Eli Manning and Tim Tebow because they get more attention than him. Tebow will be a very good quarterback but just to be totally honest, it will take some time. He's certainly no Phillip Rivers who was totally NFL ready when he entered the league.

Phillip Rivers was by no means NFL ready when he entered the league, he spent 2 years learning under Drew Brees who is one of the top guys in the league. When he was pressed into action when Brees hurt his shoulder he was 12 of 22 for 115 yards 1 interception and 2 fumbles. He was a beast his 3rd year into the league. I am glad he had those 2 years to gain experience because who knows how he wouldve performed and how the Chargers wouldve treated him, they were willing to get rid of Brees after his first few years.

Tebow's performance is much better than what I imagined it to be on a team like the Broncos his first year and looks miles ahead of how most other rookies have looked, his mechanics look better, yes he has a ways to go but his scrambling ability can make up for what he lacks right now in passing ability. Hes avging 5.3 ypc despite having goalline carries that should lower it, which he has 4 rushing tds. When running in more than goal line situations he avged just under 10, his 40 yard run is longer than any run Vick has had this season. Granted it was one game, but something tells me the next two he will get even better.
Edited by: snow

Westside

Hall of Famer
Looking back at that epic Tiki thread, caused me to wonder, what ever happened to White Shogun? Does anyone know?

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Westside said:
Looking back at that epic Tiki thread, caused me to wonder, what ever happened to White Shogun? Does anyone know?

I was wondering the same thing, Westside. I don't know what happened, but he's missed.

Tom Iron

Mentor
Just saw a video of Tebow playing last Sunday. Oh boy, here's another young White guy who has come along and is going to set the league on fire if he doesn't get hurt. Those Whites just keep coming.

Tom Iron...

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
The fools who think "blacks are more muscular than Whiteys" need to look at Tim Tebow!

smiley32.gif

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
ToughJ.Riggins said:
How can they honestly say that after his first start with a straight face? Tebow has a 120 QB rating right now and has run for 5.3 YPC with a long of 40 already! Yahooligan/white rivals is now pushing their "agenda" of skepticism of Tebow too- what a joke. Tebow could end up being the player Mike Vick is this year for his entire career (unlike Vick who just figured it out and has to prove he's more than a 1 year wonder). Barber may have stood up for the athleticism of Sehorn and Sean Bennett in the media, but I have lost much respect for his "bold" outrageous tone as an analyst. He overdoes it with trying to make headlines...just tell the truth for crying out loud!

I just tell Vick-worshippers' that he was the #1 overall pick in the same draft that Drew Brees was a 2nd Rounder.. and Brees has a ring now, with New Orleans of all places!

The MSM has become CONDESCENDING and full of EXAGGERATIONS with Vick. Teams' led by Jay Cutler, Joe Flacco and Matt Ryan continue to win -- but the MSM doesn't talk much about them. This week, Baltimore will probably defeat Cleveland and I feel that Chicago has a very good chance against the Jets.

LabMan

Mentor
espn blasts Tim Tebow every chance they get,must be hard to accept so many fine White players coming into the NFL,castefootball,you have opened many eyes! Edited by: LabMan

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Tebow has such a large target on his chest from the MSM. It is so blatant most members of the media take any chance they can to trash Tebow. I hope he plays better each of the next two weeks.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
LabMan said:
espn blasts Tim Tebow every chance they get,must be hard to accept so many fine White players into the NFL,castefootball,you have opened many eyes!

Yes, expect Yahooligan/whiterivals, BrownieScout, BSPN, Pro Foolball Weekly, Footballsblackfuture etc. to step up their efforts to malign white athletes even more (it is already happening). They are getting scared and agitated b/c the truth is slowly being revealed and although it's all relative we have made some slow, but steady progress in the last few years! Maybe the blatant anti-white agenda of these quota prospect services will start to expose itself to the blind squirrel DWFs. How long can these blinders really stay on?
smiley43.gif

JReb1

Mentor
Tebow scored the game-winning
touchdown in Sunday's 24-23 win over Houston, and threw for a
career-high 308 yards with one touchdown and an interception.Recommendation:
Tebow gained only 27 yards on the ground, but his six-yard touchdown
scamper late in the fourth quarter capped off the comeback victory.
While Tebow was facing a historically bad Texans' pass defense, he
posted a fantastic 10.6 YPA, making a couple of nice deep throws. Tebow
continues to show a good rapport with Brandon Lloyd, who had five
receptions for 111 yards after grabbing four passes for 79 yards with a
touchdown in Tebow's debut last week. Tebow faces a strong Chargers'
defense in the finale next week, although Carson Palmer shredded the
Bolts for four touchdowns Sunday. <cite id="yui_3_1_2_15_129342532413644">(Rotowire.com)

Not bad for a guy that supposedly can't be an NFL QB... GO TEBOW!!!
smiley32.gif

</cite>

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Defenders' were swarming around Tebow, and what happened? Tebow threw "quick-passes!"

That right there had to SCARE the cultural Marxists!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Here's an unintentionally funny article on blackathlete.net by self-described "wordsmith" Desi Cortez. Desi thinks blacks have succeeded in sports in America despite the best efforts of Corporate America, White politiciansand White fans, who are trying to "take back football" and who are united around Tim Tebow, who threatens the dominance of Michael Vick and Josh Freeman at the quarterback position. Another revealing look into the mind of a paranoid, embitteredblack who has no clue what genuine "White supremacy" is.

Straight No Chaser: Rocky comes to life

Tim Tebow can't possibly grasp the enormous expectations riding, . . . mounted-upon his modern-day semi-mobile gladiator type shoulders.

Just visualize the coming Bronco head coaching interviews. "So Coach Dungy, are you a Tim Tebow Christian soldier for Christ?"
This kid's an updated "Rocky" come to life, toting a pigskin covered bible around, n' touting the "good word," an authentic, genuine American image . . .

There's no question his individual accomplishments will restore group status and lost power for angry white men who detest that a Mike Vick is in contention for NFL MVP or that a Josh Freemen will be a dominant player in the years to come.

There's a distinct yearning for "America's Game" to be "taken back." That deep seeded hope is akin to what we here coming from "The Right" in this country.

They too want to "take back" their country from Black people, remove the influence and impact Black folks have had on American culture, and specifically from the 1950's and on - ever since we were permitted to express ourselves without fear of overt, over the top White reprisal.

There's a movement across the land to "put Black folks back in their place," starting with Presidents, Quarterbacks, Head Coaches, Firemen, Teachers all the alpha male positions within mainstream US society.

There's also a movement to put Mexicans back in Mexico . . . but that's another piece.

Tebow's destiny, the fate of an entire "Nordic tribe" . . . rest on his success against the ebony Mandigo savages in the the Mile- Hi coliseum. White sportsfans can say it ain't so . . .but we know it really is.

And please, let's not ignore the patronizing element which is center-piece with his followers - Teabow will bring morals, values and character to a league littered with Black . . . hearted heathens and barbarians.

Let's not slight how pretentious this whole "breath of fresh air" crap is. Believe it baby. And the use of "tribe" is exact - the blind man-luv for Tim Tebow (TT) is a tribal thing baby.

Denver, Colorado, the entire Rocky Mountain region, hell. . . America, from Fargo to Key Largo is, let us say . . "desirous" of a "kid like Tim" succeeding.

Keep in mind, the West is too "Redneck Land", and Colorado is "Tea Party Country," home of Tom Tancredo the racist who garnered tens-of-thousands of votes for Governor a few months ago - his brand of Real American hatred and intolerance did not fall upon death ears - he was the populist candidate.

Ain't that a telling bitch?

Nonetheless . . . back onto the Teabow Bandwagon, actually back to the folk's who built the bandwagon, the nutty religious fruitcake fanatics, i.e., the fundamentalist Christians - who're praying this kid shows the nation that a "real" god-fearing, baby Jesus loving All-American Eagle Boy Scout - who doesn't cuss, fuss, drink, do drugs, smoke, chew nor go-out with girls who do - can actually do more then just "show-up" on the gridiron.

But instead be a super-warrior for Christ, who can come on the pro pigskin scene and dominate, in an ol' fashion way, like slingin' Sammy or the Galloping Ghost did when America's pastimes were segregated and Black men were forbidden from competing for the strongest or fastest titles.

Now note once Blacks were allowed to participate - we've rewritten the record books and redefined games and positions within those games . . . to the dismay of millions.

So much so, so much so that White folks have been written out of the story.

That takes us to the next group banking, betting on TT - Corporate America- which fully understands that millions upon millions of White consumers won't "consume" if the product is somehow perceived as "too Black."

This nation knew precisely that and openly discussed it in the 1970's - integration was producing squads which were based on talent and abilities - instead of skin color.

Larry Bird saved the NBA - because White folks were already back then deciding "the game had changed," lost it's, dig this - "integrity."

Baseball was loosing fans because it to was "too Black" while the NFL was rejecting college QB's like Warren Moon . . . in an attempt to keep the Golden Boy position off-limits to Blacks - based, openly, admittedly on our collective lack of intelligence, leadership and character.

The type of integrity which Roger Clemens, Brett Favre and Michael Phillips display.

But back to the Tim Tebow Bandwagon; White women are hoping Tebow becomes a living legend, he's an athlete their father's and brother's approve of.

The Broncos drafted TT in great part because he's a "John Elway" clone, and the fanbase, the White female fanbase will gravitate towards this Great White Hope, who's got the Pope's blessing and millions in the bank.

White male sportsfans in general want this guy to show the world that a White guy can play this game with some athleticism, passion and heart a little Country n' Western Bible thumpin' flair, kinda' like . . . like a Black man.

It's more then just a "Bromance," the average White guy's beyond rooting for Tebow, whowas long-ago anointed with Great White Hope status; he's a "hard working" passionate Christian soldier/athlete playing Quarterback, a white chocolate version of Vince Young or Cam Newton . . . but not quite,. Think Elvis with the Lord's Good Book as his personal play-book.

Not only Wall Street but Hollywood is licking their chops, because they know if this kid plays like his football followers think he can this nation's Caucasian consumer base will go nuts . . .

And perhaps as significant - it will be "T Day" in the American cultural war, a monumental retaking of a rightful place as an "alpha male" in a "real man's" game.

Tim Tebow represents . . . it's just "what" he represents to "who" that troubles folks..
Desi Cortez is a freelance wordsmith, living at the foot of the Rockies. He can be reached via e-mail at desicortez@blackathlete.com.

http://blackathlete.net/artman2/publish/Commentary_1/Straight_No_Chaser_Rocky_comes_to_life.shtml

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a good blurb on Tebow from USA Today, which also contains a nice one about Carson Palmer and "Batman and Robin":

Tim Tebow can throw. This is the second Monday in a row I have written about Tebow, and that is because the mania is threatening to sweep the nation. Two Sundays ago, Tebow got the short passing and running part down. On Sunday, against the Texans' league-worst pass defense, he threw for 308 yards with an average completion of 19.3 yards. Wide receivers Brandon Lloyd (111 yards) and Jabar Gaffney (90) both were over 22 yards a catch. So much for Tebow not being able to get it downfield. And Tebow must be living right because next week he finishes against the thoroughly disinterested Chargers. San Diego might have nice stats, but the Broncos easily could hang 30 points. And that would send the Tebow hype into the stratosphere for 2011. Verdict: Reality.

Carson Palmer's season highlight. Let the circus begin after Palmer and the Bengals had their best game of the season in routing the Chargers 34-20. Without Terrell Owens and Chad Ochocinco. Palmer was 16-of-21 for 269 yards with four TDs and no interceptions -- a performance that nobody saw coming. He helped Jerome Simpson and Andre Caldwell put the Diva Duo to shame. Owens is as good as gone so forget about him; the interesting question is whether this showing means the Bengals also will dump the mopey Ochocinco. Stay tuned in Week 17 against Baltimore, a game in which Palmer, Caldwell and Simpson are now surprisingly good bets. Remember, the Ravens have trouble with good passing teams. They will shut down Cedric Benson and force Palmer to wing it. This could be fun. Verdict: Reality.
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2010/12/tim-tebow-denver-broncos-nfl-draft/1

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
And here's a snippet from another good one:

<DIV style="BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; TEXT-ALIGN: left; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; : transparent; COLOR: #000000; OVERFLOW: ; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; TEXT-DECORATION: none">Throwing for 308 yards against the Houston Texas, Tebow rallied his Denver Broncos team from a 17-0, second-half deficit and snatched a victory many never believed would come, a 24-23 triumph.

It wasn't just that Tebow won, it's the fact that his game clearly translates to the next level. Tebow's emotional embrace of the gridiron, his infectious enthusiasm, it's all there, working on an NFL sideline just like it worked in college. Just the way that his critics long contended it wouldn't. The anti-Tebow contingent was flat out wrong, but they won't admit it yet.

Already, the Tebow haters are retrenching their criticisms now that he is a winning quarterback in the NFL.

Tebow, in throwing for 300 yards in just his second start as a rookie, has managed a feat that neither Peyton nor Eli Manning could accomplish in their rookie seasons. There must be a reason why they were wrong. The Tebow haters are circling, nervous, still unwilling to give up the hateful fight. They point to the Houston Texans' pass defense, currently ranked 32nd in the league.

The same people who said that Tebow would never win an NFL game, wring their hands and argue that this is too small of a sample size to prove anything. And even if it does prove anything, the Texans are awful. So what, you know, if the Broncos are also awful. That's why the Texans were favored to win this game.

Of course, those Tebow haters have already been proven wrong so now they have to move their targets, have to argue that Tebow can't do it again. When he does, they'll argue that he can't beat a team with a winning record, that he can't beat a 3-4 defense, that he can't win a playoff game, that he can't win a Super Bowl. You get the picture. Tebow haters gonna hate. And keep shifting the argument every time Tebow proves them wrong. Tebow haters will begin every sentence with, "Yeah, but..."

But every time they adjust their argument Tebow moves further down the field, powering through his haters like they stood between him and the goal line. Already the college debate that lasted for three years -- could Tebow win in the NFL?-- has shifted to, how many games can Tebow win in the NFL? The answer? A ton. Make no mistake about it, quarterbacks passing for 300 yards in their rookie season are rare, no matter who the NFL competition is.
<DIV style="BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; TEXT-ALIGN: left; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; : transparent; COLOR: #000000; OVERFLOW: ; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; TEXT-DECORATION: none">
<DIV style="BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; TEXT-ALIGN: left; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; : transparent; COLOR: #000000; OVERFLOW: ; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; TEXT-DECORATION: none">
<DIV style="BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; TEXT-ALIGN: left; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; : transparent; COLOR: #000000; OVERFLOW: ; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; TEXT-DECORATION: none">In fact, here's a list of Super Bowl winning NFL quarterbacks who didn't manage that feat in their first year: Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Drew Brees and Brett Favre.

Here's a list of Super Bowl winning quarterbacks from the past 20 years who threw for 300 or more yards in their second career start.

That would be zero.

Not a one.

And, oh by the way, Bronco fans, need a guy who also threw for 300 yards in the second-to-last game of his rookie season? Guy by the name of John Elway.

Pretty good company, right?

Mine eyes have seen the Tebow and as much as it drives his haters crazy, you ain't seen nothing yet. But what you have seen is something the haters said you'd never see, Tebow with a win as a starting quarterback in the NFL.

Full article: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/g/a/2010/12/27/fanhousetimtebowslaysnfldoub.DTL#ixzz19RI7gaS6

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
That entire site is a joke. The racist Cortez claims whites have an inferiority complex and that's why we root for "Great White Hopes" like Woodhead, Gerhart, and Hillis. Please!