Tim Tebow

TBProdigy

Guru
I'm still angry that Tebow ended up on the Jets. It's kind of like Gerhart and Leonard going to teams that had running backs. It's a way for the nfl to make him dissapear. They play him on special teams. What an insult to one of the greatest college players of all time who won a heisman and two national championships and then took the Broncos to the playoffs in his first full year as a starter! This league makes me sick to my stomach. Here is to hoping the Jets lose every week until they are forced to at least play him. If not, then trade him. It's the right thing to do. I know Tebow is a model christian, but going to this team could be career suicide. I wish he would say he wants to go to a team where he can play every Sunday.

Completely agree with all points made, I've never seen any player hated on as much as Tebow, no matter how good or bad. He just seems to attract haters because hes as close to a model person as you can get and he makes people question themselves.

Tall. Check
Handsome. Check
Athletic. Check
Strong. Check
Good values. Check
Intelligence. Check
Leader of men. Check
Hard worker. Check
Tough as nails. Check
Self belief. Check

Without sounding gay, people should be embracing him as a role model for their kids and family, supporting him for being such a strong honest character. Yet they demonize him for their own flaws.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Completely agree with all points made, I've never seen any player hated on as much as Tebow, no matter how good or bad. He just seems to attract haters because hes as close to a model person as you can get and he makes people question themselves.

Tall. Check
Handsome. Check
Athletic. Check
Strong. Check
Good values. Check
Intelligence. Check
Leader of men. Check
Hard worker. Check
Tough as nails. Check
Self belief. Check

Without sounding gay, people should be embracing him as a role model for their kids and family, supporting him for being such a strong honest character. Yet they demonize him for their own flaws.

TBProdigy, nice list however you forgot to mention the most important reason Tebow is hated so much. He's white and possesses all those qualities you mentioned. If he were black he'd be Robert Griffin.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
TBProdigy, nice list however you forgot to mention the most important reason Tebow is hated so much. He's white and possesses all those qualities you mentioned. If he were black he'd be Robert Griffin.
Not only that, but being a devout Christian is easily reason to hate number 1 among his many detractors. He could be any number of religions and espouse "good values" and it would not bother folks. As for RGIII, here is how that list shapes up for him at the moment:

Tall. Nope
Handsome. Eye of the beholder. I think he looks like the Predator.
Athletic. Check
Strong. Average at best
Good values. We have no idea.
Intelligence. Average at best, IMHO, although the media would lead us to believe that he's a genius.
Leader of men. Not yet demonstrated
Hard worker. Check, I'll give him this for now.
Tough as nails. Already crying about getting hit a few times by the Rams, so NOPE.
Self belief. Check. All blacks have this part down, at least at first.

dwid

Hall of Famer
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/sto...-york-jets-qb-play-rb-vs-new-england-patriots

Looks like the Jets may finally play Tebow at RB. Of course Rex Ryan does everything to denigrate his speed and athletic ability. He is 10 times the athlete that slow plodding turd Shonn Greene is.

Anyways I wouldn't mind seeing Tebow adobt more of a running back type role.
man reading those posts made my blood boil. THAT many people think Shonn Greene is that great of a back that taking the ball out of his hands is a terrible idea? wtf? the guy had one good performance against a pathetic run defense. If the Jets looked at the game film and still came up with this, then they must be pretty sure of Greene's limitations and that he is very unlikely to produce like that again, he isn't that powerful, no wiggle, his burst isn't that great. He isn't going to hit any homeruns so Tebow is the logical choice it should have been at the beginning of the season, if they truly never intended on him replacing Mark Sanchez if he played horrible.

I knew things were bad, but not this bad. They are more delusional than I thought.
One decent game by a black rb against a poor run defense = great
one great season by a White against the toughest run defenses in the NFL = fluke
a few good games by a White in the absence of the starter = apparently nothing

Last edited:

Anak

Mentor
I knew things were bad, but not this bad. They are more delusional than I thought.
One decent game by a black rb against a poor run defense = great
one great season by a White against the toughest run defenses in the NFL = fluke
a few good games by a White in the absence of the starter = apparently nothing

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink and we can present the human cattle with the facts and the data but we can't force them to think.

They like being "good" and "thinking right."

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink and we can present the human cattle with the facts and the data but we can't force them to think.

They like being "good" and "thinking right."

I'm curious Anak. What do you think of Tim Tebow's ability to think?

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
on this morning's Sportscenter, NFL "analyst" and self-loathing former White running back Merril Hoge was asked about Tim Tebow's role as a potential running back this week. specifically, Hoge was asked, "What could possibly go wrong with this?"

Hoge's response? "Well, first of all he's (Tebow) not a very good runner. That's where it could go wrong. You know, he is a bull, and they could run some power things with him. But the real issue with them not running the football is their offensive line."

Tebow isn't a good runner? really? :doh:

i mean, how far can the "experts" go to create a false reality? and how can the sheeple believe this nonsense?

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
on this morning's Sportscenter, NFL "analyst" and self-loathing former White running back Merril Hoge was asked about Tim Tebow's role as a potential running back this week. specifically, Hoge was asked, "What could possibly go wrong with this?"

Hoge's response? "Well, first of all he's (Tebow) not a very good runner. That's where it could go wrong. You know, he is a bull, and they could run some power things with him. But the real issue with them not running the football is their offensive line."

Tebow isn't a good runner? really? :doh:

i mean, how far can the "experts" go to create a false reality? and how can the sheeple believe this nonsense?

You know who wasn't a very good runner? Hoge. I remember watching him back in the day and thinking "this is the White guy they let run the ball?" He wasn't fast, he wasn't strong, he didn't have good moves. He was just competent at the position. Like many, many, black guys that get to play it's not because they are physical freaks but because they know what to do and have a knack for it.

The only reason Hoge got a chance is because he had proved himself capable when given the chance before. No amount of stopwatch timing or practice drills would have made anyone say 'give this guy a chance'. He should understand that Tebow succeeded in college at a high level and that is enough to warrant the opportunity.

But Hoge's an ass anyway as we have pointed out many times.

Hawkeye2

Mentor
I'm not crazy over Tebow, but while his 40 speed isn't great he is very ellusive, and does make some very good short passes. Personally I think the Jets only got Tebow to Limit his career and eventually end his career. The Jets have never had any desire to lets Tebow vie for the starting postitionm, and as far as grooming him to one day be the starter, they are grooming McElroy for that job. Tebow might get some scrap carries when the Jets are getting blown out or if Sanchez goes over to the sidelines, but the never had any desire to implement any type of wildcat or spread offense. The only thing they believe Tebow can do is let some of his star power spead to Charisma vacuum Mark Sanchez. Why would the most Pro-Caste football team ever give an opportunity to a white athlete.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Who gets named the most overrated players by the NFL's blacks? None other than Tim Tebow, the most hated players in the league.

[h=1]Tim Tebow named most overrated player by his NFL peers
[/h]
03-us-blog-avatar-40x40_070937.jpg

By Doug Farrar | Shutdown Corner – 3 hours ago

Well, at least Tebow and Sanchez are #1 and #2 in something... (Getty Images)On the football field, Tim Tebow has done a serious disappearing act this season with the New York Jets. After leading the Denver Broncos to an improbable playoff win over the Pittsburgh Steelers last season, Tebow was traded to New York in March, became even more of a media commodity than he had been before, and promptly putzed out from a player participation standpoint. Per our own Brian McIntyre, everybody's favorite substitute quarterback/running back/punt protector has logged just 49 offensive snaps and 41 snaps on special teams through the Jets' first seven games.
So, it should come as no surprise that Tebow was named the league's most overrated player by a crushing margin in a poll of his NFL peers. After 180 players responded to a Sports Illustrated survey, Tebow was seen by 34 percent of those players as the man most in need of a reset in the amount of attention he gets.
Bad news for the Jets: The second-most overrated player per the same poll was Mark Sanchez, the man Tebow couldn't unseat as the team's starting quarterback. Sanchez received 8 percent of the vote, which tied him with Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo. Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Michael Vick finished next with 4 percent of the overrated vote, and Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis rounded out the top-5 list with 3 percent.
(@si_vault)I'm not sure that Tebow's "overrated" in a football sense -- most football people I talk to don't take him very seriously at all, at least as a traditional quarterback.There seems to be a general sense that in a more ideal position for his skill set -- perhaps as a tight end/H-back or general move-around guy -- he could be a valuable asset to a team.
Things worked for Tebow in Denver because the coaching staff fit the offense around what he could do, but it was very clear to everybody in that front office that a better pure passer was required ... and the upgrade from Tebow to Peyton Manning is about as drastic as you can get.
Perhaps Tebow is the NFL's most over-exposed player. I'd say that's beyond question at this point, but that has more to do with the incessant need of the football media (including our outlet, regrettably) to fabricate stuff about him because that's what we believe our readers and viewers want to see. From a pure football perspective, I'd say that Sanchez is probably the most overrated player in the NFL, because there still seems to be a fairly large patch of people who believe that Sanchez can be an above-average NFL quarterback, and he's done little to prove that assertion to date.
As far as the rest of the list ... well, Romo is a talented but wildly inconsistent quarterback in an enormous media market, but I'd say that he does enough with the relative lack of talent he's been given to put him in the league's top 15 at his position. Vick and Lewis are great players at times, but their best days are clearly behind them, and such players are generally overrated.
So .... yeah. Much ado about nothing, but at least you now have your recommended daily requirement of Tebow. Don't you feel better now?

Tom Iron

Mentor
The jets are going to get beaten badly this weekend I think. That'll more or less bring on Tebow.

Tom Iron...

dwid

Hall of Famer
Bill Polian on espn showing probably why he was fired with his line of thinking when asked what he would do with Tebow if he had him on his team and his response was "I would put him at halfback, you'd probably find out hes a pretty good fit there"

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Does anyone know how Tebow broke his ribs? That's usually an injury that happens during a game but I don't recall him being hurt in his limited playing time. Maybe it was one of his alleged teammates during practice?

Highlander

Mentor
Does anyone know how Tebow broke his ribs? That's usually an injury that happens during a game but I don't recall him being hurt in his limited playing time. Maybe it was one of his alleged teammates during practice?
The exact same thought entered my mind a few days ago. I'm thinking he got the "Pat Williams" treatment by the gang of thugs on that team.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
This Bleacher Report article speculates on possible landing spots for Tebow for 2013. Jacksonville, Kansas City and New England are the three mentioned, with reasons given for each. Jacksonville makes the most sense, but that would mean either Tebow or Blaine Gabbert will be written off as a "bust" and I don't think that's fair to Gabbert yet. KC badly needs a QB and the incredibly incompetent "Romeo" regime will be gone after this season. It's possible the Chiefs could rebuild around Tebow, but it's not a high percentage scenario given the demonization of Tebow.

New England is the other team mentioned. At first glance it seems like a poor choice given that Tom Brady hopefully has at least three more topnotch seasons in him. But Belichick is unconventional enough for the NFL that he might utilize Tim as a power runner and in other ways. When you look at how the Patriots have utilized Woodhead and Edelman (who wouldn't even be in the league otherwise), and has maximized the talents of Welker and Gronkowski, New England might be the best place for him in the Caste NFL.

Arizona isn't mentioned, but in a fair league that should be a team that would be interested in Tebow.

Tim Tebow: Breaking Down Best Destinations for Jets QB

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1454064-tim-tebow-breaking-down-best-destinations-for-jets-qb

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Tall. Check
Handsome. Check
Athletic. Check
Strong. Check
Good values. Check
Intelligence. Check
Leader of men. Check
Hard worker. Check
Tough as nails. Check
Self belief. Check

... people should be embracing him as a role model for their kids and family, supporting him for being such a strong honest character.

Absolutely. Whites should support Tebow because of his value as a role model to white children.

The Tebow situation is good to use to point out the propaganda used against white people. One can point out the hypocrisy of treating Tebow differently than players such as Vick, a player with a similar style. One can point out how Tebow hasn't been given a fair chance to prove what he can do, unlike players such as Vick. One can show examples of extreme media bias such as the media absurdly blaming Tebow for Mark Sanchez's poor play.

The way Tebow is being attacked is bound to make some unaware fans start rethinking their belief system. Pointing out the unfair treatment of Tebow could give them a little nudge in the right direction.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/sto...n-jacksonville-jaguars-2013-according-sources

Per this report Tebow seems destined for the Jaguars. If this happens this could be the best thing for Tebow. He returns to his hometown - a small market team. He will benefit the Jags with ticket sales and revenue. It seems that Khan is going to push hard for him and wants him which is so important. I know this may be heresy but if Kyle Shannahan got hired by the Jags if they fire Mularkey that would be great for Tebow as he will get to play in the same type of offense he played in college. I think Khan will do whatever he can to set up Tebow for success - not failure.

I do hope that Gabbert can sit and develop if Tebow goes to Jacksonville - he is another player that all the DWFs and media like to attack. He is only 22 or 23 - very young. He can sit and develop.

http://espn.go.com/newyork/conversa...-new-york-jets-asked-left-wildcat-sources-say

Report that claims that Tebow opted to sit out this week and asked coaches not to use him in Wildcat packages. The coaches used Jeremy Kerley in these packages instead. Go to the comments section and view by "Most Liked." The DWFs are overwhemingly in support of Tebow saying things such as good for Tim sticking up for himself and speaking out.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
http://espn.go.com/newyork/conversa...-new-york-jets-asked-left-wildcat-sources-say

Report that claims that Tebow opted to sit out this week and asked coaches not to use him in Wildcat packages. The coaches used Jeremy Kerley in these packages instead. Go to the comments section and view by "Most Liked." The DWFs are overwhemingly in support of Tebow saying things such as good for Tim sticking up for himself and speaking out.

I find it hard to believe that a guy like Tebow would refuse to play. I think it is MUCH more likely the insecure Ryan made this move to be sure that Tebow couldn't have a chance to make a big play and cause the fans/media to question the benching decision. And the "sources say" is the typical team sponsored behind the scenes info release that they use to spin stories and whitewash the fan base. I just can't see Tebow making this type of stand and the Jets management not using it to crucify him.

Anybody think that 11 sacks is something a more athletic QB could have avoided?

I was watching ESPN today and Merril Hodge was railing on Tebow. He called him the most overated player to ever play the game.

The Hock

Master
Tim got worked over because he went into New York innocent as a dove but not as shrewd as a serpent. Were he shrewd as a serpent he would never signed with them in the first place. At least his time in that hissing snake pit has no doubt wised him up and he's better prepared for whatever is down the road.

After he's fired big mouth Ryan can go open a shoe store somewhere.