The ultimate fighter

hedgehog

Mentor
I dont always read the UFC-mixed martial arts threads, so I hope I am not repeating anything. I am enjoying my day off watching the utlimate fighter on spike tv and to my disbelief there are two gay black contestants, one guy named shoni runs around in his bikini underwear all day painting and sticking rhinestones on all his hats and clothes. What happened to this show?

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
LOL

Shonie Carter has been around a long time, a true 'vet' if you will. He is definitely a character though, that's for sure. I wrote a line or two about him in the opening thread here for TUF 4. Who is the other guy you consider a gay black contestant?

Here is the link to the thread about this season's episode:

TUF 4

The thread about the show got moved down the page some because of all the events and fights that have happened since the season premiere. Most of what I have to say about Shonie and the rest of the blacks on the show is covered in that thread, along with the comments of a few others, if you want to check it out. Edited by: White Shogun

JD074

Master
So we have Lytle, Serra, Thomas, and Carter at 170. I wonder what the match ups will be. They could have Lytle/ Serra and Thomas/ Carter, which would guarantee a black fighter in the finals. Or they could have two B/W fights, which could be great or disastrous. Should be interesting.

I think the four MW semifinalists are Cote, Sell, Lutter, and Dewees. I had to go to the Ultimate Fighter website and look at the pics, I still haven't seen an actual list of all the semifinalists. Grrr!! Annoying.

JD074

Master
Lytle beat Thomas! Yes! Next up, Serra vs. Carter II. Go Serra!

MW matchups:

Lutter vs. Sell
Cote vs. DeWees

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
JD074 said:

MW matchups:

Lutter vs. Sell
Cote vs. DeWees

I missed it, was the fight worth tuning in on the replay this weekend?

Triad

Mentor
White Shogun said:
JD074 said:

MW matchups:

Lutter vs. Sell
Cote vs. DeWees

I missed it, was the fight worth tuning in on the replay this weekend?

No.

JD074

Master
It wasn't terribly exciting, but I enjoyed it. Lytle had the definite advantage in striking in the first two rounds, so much so that Thomas was forced to try to take him down a couple times. Unfortunately for him, Lytle would sprawl and promptly take him down instead! It was uneventful on the ground. Lytle wouldn't pass his guard, punch him a little bit, then the ref would stand them up. He let up a little bit in the third round, but overall it was a pretty dominant performance, IMO.

I like striking, so it was fun to see Lytle impose his will in that department. He had some really nice kicks to the body. The grappling was pretty boring though. So it depends on what you like.

White_Savage

Mentor
It was funny to me.

When they said they had been training together up until the very fight, I knew it would be disapointingly dead-even. Two guys have been training against each other without advantage up until the moment of the match, what can you expect but that they'll neutralize each other?

That said, I was dissapointed in Lytell for being entirely "too White" in this match. Since he knew he was going to be training against Thomas up until the match, he should have been feeding him "false information" on his fighting style during training, i.e., faking weaknesses he doesn't really have, and then pulling Thomas into the trap during the fight.

cleverone

The finals have been leaked for some time now. If you want to know the MW finals look below

Lutter vs.Cote