DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Below is an interesting article on Instagram...& how millennials voted it the most narcissistic social app on the planet. Also, shrinks have said that folks who constantly take (ultra-obnoxious) "selfies"demonstrate signs of the "dark triad" (psychopathy, narcissism & Machiavellianism).

I totally agree as I detest the modern hype of "social media". While it serves some legitimate purposes, it also encourages self importance, vanity & (mass) presumption. I've never used "Fakebook", "Tw0tter", "MyWaste" or "Instascam"...nor will I ever. Personally, I think they're the drizzling $h1ts. :rocket:

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/beware-of-people-who-always-post-selfies-on-facebook-2015-07-16

Ambrose

Master
Below is an interesting article on Instagram...& how millennials voted it the most narcissistic social app on the planet. Also, shrinks have said that folks who constantly take (ultra-obnoxious) "selfies"demonstrate signs of the "dark triad" (psychopathy, narcissism & Machiavellianism).

I totally agree as I detest the modern hype of "social media". While it serves some legitimate purposes, it also encourages self importance, vanity & (mass) presumption. I've never used "Fakebook", "Tw0tter", "MyWaste" or "Instascam"...nor will I ever. Personally, I think they're the drizzling $h1ts. :rocket:

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/beware-of-people-who-always-post-selfies-on-facebook-2015-07-16

So funny, and so true. All of those services a spy services and data collectors for suckers to voluntarily give up their private information to unknown groups. A fool's paradise.

The Hock

Master
I'm on Facebook every day. It does have its drawbacks though and I try to be careful but I have a lot of fun with it. Plus I've been able to get in contact with some old friends from back in the day.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer

I agree on the dark triad, however, I do use social media for business purposes.
It's really dumb to see how people use it to give out their location. My entire family is on vacation 3,000 miles away, meantime my home is getting ransacked!