Riddlewire

Master
88240.jpg

T.J. Stinde
5'11" 200lbs
Lexington High School, Illinois

Nation's leading rusher
3,191 yards 45TD

Will play for the Illinois 1A State Championship next weekend.

Honestly, T.J. will never get the opporunity to play college football. He has a poor 40 time and he plays for a small school. But I felt his accomplishment was deserving of a post. Congratulations to this fine runner.

highlights

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Great year for this guy. Kudos to him. He has some very deceptive moves to make guys miss, great vision and was fast for whatever H.S conference this was, but his speed doesn't set him apart as an elite talent for the next level. He sometimes slows down too much to make his moves in tight space too.

Bottom line: I bet he'd have gotten some mid major FBS offers and small school offers with stats like that if he were black. Here's hoping he finds a home somewhere in the FCS or DII and dominates!

His running style actually reminds me some of Brad Rogers of Iowa, with slightly better moves, but slightly less power and speed. It's shocking to think Rogers got an Iowa scholarship after averaging 5.2 YPC and running for less than 800 yards as a senior. Rogers runs a 4.65 40, but his short area quickness isn't good- Rogers runs a 4.5 short shuttle.

Riddlewire

Master
Might as well finish off this thread, as I don't think there will be any more news about TJ's football career.
TJ's team lost in the state championship game last weekend, 14-7. It was a low scoring affair, but T.J. still had 128 yards and his team's only touchdown.
His final season statistics are:
368c 3,325yards 9.04ypc 237.5ypg 46TD
(also 1,151yds and 14TD as a junior, no data available for soph season)
6rec 126yards 1TD
10KOR 273yards 27.3avg
93 tackles 62 solo 2 sacks (from LB position)

An excellent season for the nation's #1 RB.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
first of all, i want to give credit to Riddlewire for finding so many of these unheralded yet spectacular football players. i don't know how he does it, but i wish to acknowledge my appreciation for his efforts.
smiley32.gif

now, to add a couple of links to stories about the nation's most productive high school running back that add some more info to thispoignant example of the double standards in collegiate recruiting...

this story came after his second game of the season, and it holds the following interesting snippets:
Third-year coach Mike Castleman has never had a running back better than Stinde.

"I've had guys who have probably been faster, maybe a guy who might have been stronger, but not the combination of power and speed," Castleman said.

The 5-foot-10, 200-pound Stinde is Lexington's strongest player -- by a lot. He can bench press 350 pounds and do three reps squatting 505.

"You definitely want to be hard to bring down," said Stinde, who considers agility and balance as important as strength.

All those ingredients came into play last spring when Stinde, a starter in basketball, triple jumped 40 feet, 3½ inches to break Bill Janes' 1983 school record of 40-2.
those numbers indicate that Stinde is a very physically gifted athlete, and the article also adds that he has already scored a 28 on the ACT and wants to major in electrical engineering. hmmm ... ideal size, talent, productivity,and he's already qualified academically to play. i wonder why he's not been offeredafootball scholarship to play running backanywhere?!?

this profile piece came after the season, and it detailed some ofthe records that Stinde set on the field and talks about how athletically gifted his family is. it's a pretty good piece, but it had one really interesting tidbit buried at the end ...

Naturally, Stinde's season attracted attention in the media and among college recruiters. He has had visits from numerous Division II and Division III coaches "¦ "at least one a day,"Â￾ he said.

Illinois State is interested, but has not offered a scholarship. Illinois Wesleyan is recruiting him heavily and Stinde, also a standout linebacker, has visited IWU.

For now, he is weighing his options and has moved on to basketball, where he is a starter. In track, he holds the school triple jump record.
so, unless i'm reading that incorrectly, he can't even get an offer to play running back at a Division II or III school.
smiley5.gif
if he plays football any longer he will have to become a linebacker ... wow. just wow.

StarWars

Mentor
Yep. The nation's #1 RB and leading rusher very well may not get a D1 scholarship. Indeed, he may not even see a football field again as a RB. I wonder why?

Honestly, the fact that ESPN/ SI doesn't write articles on this type of racism is living proof that they shaft white football players very intentioanlly. How much more obvious can it get?

StarWars

Mentor
There is no way in hell that he gets 46 tds without running at least a 4.75. I run a 4.8 and I got 10 tds as a RB in a much less talented area.

StarWars

Mentor
whiteathlete33 said:
Offensive linemen can run in the 4.9 range.  I know that number is incorrect. He ran several games for over 300 yards.  Here is where I found that number. http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId=88240

That might be going too far but certainly this guy run's a faster 40 than advertised. If you are talking about hand-timed then maybe some smaller o-lineman can break 5. 40 times are all inflated anyway. If I were trying to play college ball I'd say I run a 4.65, I probably do if you are hand-timing anyway.

If this guy really squats over 500 lbs and weighs just 200 lbs, and he has returned kickoffs for touchdowns, I would imagine his 40 has gotta be at least decent.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
He has alot of long touchdowns as well. I know it's high school football but you have to have good speed to perform that way. Lineman, at least in the NFL, run flat 5's and some like Joe Staley can run a 4.9.

StarWars

Mentor
whiteathlete33 said:
He has alot of long touchdowns as well.  I know it's high school football but you have to have good speed to perform that way.  Lineman, at least in the NFL, run flat 5's and some like Joe Staley can run a 4.9.

What about Vince Wilfork?
smiley36.gif

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
From his highlight vid it looks like he runs around a 4.6 to me. He played against weak competition but thats not his fault for being born in that area and going to that school. I hope he gets the chance to play some college ball and prove people wrong.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
the whole "weak competition" angle never seems to hurt black players who competein smaller conferences.

take, forinstance, Warren High School here in Arkansas ... they had 4 "affletes" sign Division One scholarships a couple of years agodespite Warrencompeting in the second smallest classification in the state. furthermore, these 4 "game-changing affletes with room-brightening smiles"lost in the second round of the playoffs!
smiley36.gif
of course, despite being complete crap on the football field, they actuallywere really supa affletes who supposedly were really good on the football field. really.
smiley5.gif

according to the "he is only good because he's playing weak competition" line of thinking, every running back who plays at that level should be challenging for the national lead in rushing ... right? i mean, after all, these folks say that it doesn't take any talent. so why aren't all the other guysin his conference (or at all theother small schools around the country for that matter) putting upthe same kind of HUMONGOUS numbers?
smiley2.gif

only in the Caste System do facts become perverted in such an upside-down manner.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Jimmy Chitwood said:
the whole "weak competition" angle never seems to hurt black players who competein smaller conferences.

take, forinstance, Warren High School here in Arkansas ... they had 4 "affletes" sign Division One scholarships a couple of years agodespite Warrencompeting in the second smallest classification in the state. furthermore, these 4 "game-changing affletes with room-brightening smiles"lost in the second round of the playoffs!
smiley36.gif
of course, despite being complete crap on the football field, they actuallywere really supa affletes who supposedly were really good on the football field. really.
smiley5.gif

according to the "he is only good because he's playing weak competition" line of thinking, every running back who plays at that level should be challenging for the national lead in rushing ... right? i mean, after all, these folks say that it doesn't take any talent. so why aren't all the other guysin his conference (or at all theother small schools around the country for that matter) putting upthe same kind of HUMONGOUS numbers?
smiley2.gif

only in the Caste System do facts become perverted in such an upside-down manner.

JC I agree, but whites have to go above and beyond to even get a fair sniff. Even then every excuse is used to tear them down.
smiley21.gif

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
whiteathlete33 said:
ESPN's recruiting website has him running a 4.94. How is that possible? Does anyone know his real 40 time?
There is no way that someone could triple-jump over 40 feet with a 40 time of more than 4.6 or so, since the relatively short run-up requires a quick time. I wish that T.J. would submit his real times. They can be directly posted to MaxPreps and similar sites.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
FootballDad said:
whiteathlete33 said:
ESPN's recruiting website has him running a 4.94. How is that possible? Does anyone know his real 40 time?
<div></div>There is no way that someone could triple-jump over 40 feet with a 40 time of more than 4.6 or so, since the relatively short run-up requires a quick time. I wish that T.J. would submit his real times. They can be directly posted to MaxPreps and similar sites.

I totally agree FootballDad. We have high school players here in my tiny town of Wallington that aren't half the athletes this kid is and run much faster than 4.94. That's why I mentioned this because I thought someone might know his real time. I can't find him in the Scout or Rivals recruiting database at all. They only have some stats for him from high school. Pretty sad stuff.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
whiteathlete33 said:
FootballDad said:
whiteathlete33 said:
There is no way that someone could triple-jump over 40 feet with a 40 time of more than 4.6 or so, since the relatively short run-up requires a quick time. I wish that T.J. would submit his real times. They can be directly posted to MaxPreps and similar sites.

I totally agree FootballDad. We have high school players here in my tiny town of Wallington that aren't half the athletes this kid is and run much faster than 4.94. That's why I mentioned this because I thought someone might know his real time. I can't find him in the Scout or Rivals recruiting database at all. They only have some stats for him from high school. Pretty sad stuff.
This is the kind of stuff that drives me nuts. Black kids don't have to jump through these hoops, as recruiters will do all of this work for them. White kids, however, don't have this luxury, and must do it all themselves, but for some reason, don't. I was a high school student before, a young skull full of mush, and so I can understand the "not thinking about it" that happens, but if a white athlete really wants to have a shot, they have to do all of this legwork, or it's not going to happen.
I spend a fair amount of time looking up white skill position players who are doing amazing things for their teams, but to find any recruiting information is often impossible. Since the caste recruiting establishment is not going to find out this information, as it is against their M.O., it is ultimately up to the white athlete, and people (like us) to get this information out so that we can break down the caste walls. There is nothing more frustrating than trying to argue why a white player should be getting the recruiting props over a "similar" black player if you have no measurables to argue with.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
FootballDad said:
whiteathlete33 said:
FootballDad said:
whiteathlete33 said:
<div></div>There is no way that someone could triple-jump over 40 feet with a 40 time of more than 4.6 or so, since the relatively short run-up requires a quick time. I wish that T.J. would submit his real times. They can be directly posted to MaxPreps and similar sites.

<div></div>This is the kind of stuff that drives me nuts. Black kids don't have to jump through these hoops, as recruiters will do all of this work for them. White kids, however, don't have this luxury, and must do it all themselves, but for some reason, don't. I was a high school student before, a young skull full of mush, and so I can understand the "not thinking about it" that happens, but if a white athlete really wants to have a shot, they have to do all of this legwork, or it's not going to happen.
<div>I spend a fair amount of time looking up white skill position players who are doing amazing things for their teams, but to find any recruiting information is often impossible. Since the caste recruiting establishment is not going to find out this information, as it is against their M.O., it is ultimately up to the white athlete, and people (like us) to get this information out so that we can break down the caste walls. There is nothing more frustrating than trying to argue why a white player should be getting the recruiting props over a "similar" black player if you have no measurables to argue with.</div>

Just checking out Rivals there is only one white receiver listed in the top 100 in the entire country. It is pretty pathetic stuff.

Oldschool1

He was timed at 4.68 at the end of track last year, went to speed / agility training during the summer. Has not been timed since then.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
4.68 is not elite speed, but if you take into account the crazy stats he has put up that alone should garner some interest. I would like to see his pro agility time,I find that more accurate than the 40, thanks for the info Oldschool.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Oldschool1 said:
He was timed at 4.68 at the end of track last year, went to speed / agility training during the summer. Has not been timed since then.

Where did you find that information Oldschool? I wasn't able to find anything online. It's definitely not elite speed but he has plenty of time to improve on it. There are some black running backs in the NFL who run 4.6 so what gives.

Oldschool1

<a href="http://recruit-match.ncsasports.org/fasttrack/profile/profile.jsp?clientID=20100" target="_blank">
I found it on a recruiting link

http://recruit-match.ncsasports.org/fasttrack/profile/profile.jsp?clientID=20100</A>

StarWars

Mentor
He said he runs an 11.8 100 yd dash. That can't be right. Most distance runners can beat that.