Sumo Watch

Pollyanna

Guru
Ben was also hurried and pressured on many passes last night. Other teams with a little more speed may well have got to him more often. Charlie Bi-och better get ready to step in. BTW, the Steelers should have lost that game, but for a couple of critical dropped passes by the afroletes on the Titans.

narc

I get blown away by how big white people get (both guys and girls). Just this will johnson repped 47 reps on 225. Just amazing.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Chargers' NT/DT - Jamal Williams - is out for the season.

Eagles' Guard - Shawn Andrews - is out for the season.

If Zach Strief is starting for New Orleans, that would mean that they are 2-0 with "inferior" OTs...

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Watching the RAMS game, Alex Barron is a joke. He kept giving up pressure and QB hits on Marc Bulger.

dwid

Hall of Famer
no unfortunately Strief is not starting, the black backup Bushrod who is struggling, is starting. So when Brees is getting pressure, what do the Saints do to protect him? Put in Strief in as a blocking te to help out Bushrod, which takes out an offensive weapon. Why not just put in Strief by himself? When he has started he has held his own without help. I mean I have heard of using a blocking te to help with the left tackle, but another LINEMAN, I thought that was just for goal line carries.

Chad Clifton looked like he was hurt, bad news, I hate to see White tackles go down. Not sure what the injury is, will know more later.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
It's absolutely pathetic that another NO NAME sumo is starting.

I guess it's verboten to start a White man after the black starter gets injured.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
It doesn't matter that both of the sumo Andrews' Brothers didn't play today, the Iggles simply find more sumos and plug them into the starting line.

Alex Barron sucks, the Rams might have beaten the Blackskins today without his horrible play.

Giants fans don't have to be worried anymore, inferior LB Blackburn isn't starting now that superafflete Boley is back.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Panthers' DT - Louis Leonard - is out indefinitely with a broken ankle.

Redskins' Guard - Randy Thomas - is out for the season with a torn triceps.

Jack Lambert,

The Eagles certainly have a ton of sumos which is why I'm glad they lost.

narc

the difference between black sumos and white sumos is that the white sumos are endowed with tremendous strength whereas the black ones are relatively feeble. For instance andre smith only benching 225 for19 reps. It is rare for black sumos to bench 225 over 40 reps but far more common for whites to exceed 40.

narc

I always have friends who are skeptical when I reveal that whites dominate the bench press. Well ignorance is prevalent.

narc

one more thing I wanna add before I hit the sack is I have met a few people who say samoans are big and strong. Well I sub in carson high school, which is in carson, ca. Carson has a pocket of these samoans. Well let me just say that the samoans I've seen at carson did not impress me the least. Many of them are just slender and do not intimidate me. No way and no how are they as big as white people.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
In my view, these are great examples of what linemen should look like:

http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=5200&ATCLID=785336

HIGH SCHOOL
The No. 1 offensive line prospect in the state for 2007 ... Named to the Rivals.com 250 with a four-star rating ... Played in the inaugural Offense-Defense All-American Bowl in Fort Lauderdale, Fla. ... Member of the New Orleans Times Picayune's Blue-Chip List and Baton Rouge Advocate Second Dozen ... Showed his versatility by being a standout on the defensive line as well ... Named 2006 district MVP and Class 3A first-team all-state on defense with 99 tackles -- 28 for losses -- and 11 sacks ... Had 70 tackles and five sacks as a junior ... Also a track and field standout in high school ... Won the state title in the shot put and was runner-up in the javelin during his prep career... Maintained a 3.5 GPA ... Coached by David Comeaux.

Josh is an athletic phenom.

http://www.texassports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/hix_kyle00.html

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Elliott-Mealer-59805

Look at how he towers over the other high schoolers! An unreal site.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Mason-Walters-64824

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Taylor-Lewan-76823

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Art-Forst-59142;_ylt=Ao5qT0IU4Xlh.mhjrtt8JYZHPZB4

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Garrett-Porter-67743;_ylt=AuenV5hAD0ST0mh9F..v1QlHPZB4

Will any of these athletes be termed "physical specimens" by the MSM?

Our people create more than enough linemen to where both sides of the line should be overflowing with them, but we are not supposed to realize that. Some of our (increasingly impressive) line prospects are opening eyes, that's for sure.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Jerry Jones was an idiot for bringing back the TRULY AWFUL Flozell Adams. Leonard Davis and Andre Gurode aren't much better.

BIG for NOTHING, a phrase I learned from my father, comes to mind. Leonard Davis is carrying a lot more fat than the Caste media is willing to admit.

Did anyone else see Casey Wiegmann, who's not far from 40, dominate Dallas' sumo D-line? Russ Hochstein, a vet, was also spectacular and agile! The large Dallas defense got JACKED-UP! Oh, it was the mile high air that tripped-up these ebony titans... that will be the excuse!

The Packers' - BJ RAJI - was AWFUL and lost. He got his fat signing bonus so he's no doubt contented, even though he wasn't even close to superhuman on the freakin' college level! With all the hype he had received, it was a foregone conclusion that he was going to be drafted high. Another likely bust (in a very very long line of them) at DT/NT.

I have fallen in love with the left side of the Dolphins' line: Jake Long, Justin Smiley and the center Jake Grove. Vernon Carey is the obvious weak link at right tackle. The Giants' line is similar in that sense.

smiley43.gif
Edited by: Deadlift

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
There are few DTs that can be described as agile or athletic. They exist mainly as "space eaters" to counter the space being taken up by the sumos across from them on the o-line.

Chris Hoke has been the backup to multiple All Pro Casey Hampton on the Steelers for a long time, yet Hoke, who isin much better shape thanthe typical morbidly obese nose tackle, usually is more effective than Hampton when he plays. He can actually rush the passer rather than just "clogging up the middle."

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Superhuman Kris Jenkins is out for the season.

Apparently his knee couldn't handle his 400 pounds... who'd have thunk it? They will have to use an elephant-type dose of sedation in order to perform surgery on him. A special operating platform as well.

There is "nothing cool" about morbid obesity.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer

Kaptain

Master
What a game of the world's best affletes tonight. What a deserving group of young gentlemen. Early in the game Brandon Marshall got a personal foul/delay of game penalty on third down for kicking the football (much like he did in practice) costing his team a first down and having to settle for a field goal. Now Knowsho Moreno carries the ball on short yardage and once again gets stuffed and then he picks up a personal foul for spiking the ball on Shawn Merriman. These guys clearly care more about trash-talking BS than they do winning.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Deadlift said:
Superhuman Kris Jenkins is out for the season.

Apparently his knee couldn't handle his 400 pounds... who'd have thunk it? They will have to use an elephant-type dose of sedation in order to perform surgery on him. A special operating platform as well.

There is "nothing cool" about morbid obesity.

360 is waaaay too much weight for 6'4 (NT). According to Wikipedia, sumo Jenkins was holding 316 out of college & posted a 5.1 40 y/d. Jenkins should be carrying 290-310 (max). There's no excuse for an insanely paid NFL player (lineman or not) to pack on that kind of blubber.
smiley21.gif

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
This is getting ridiculous, to say the very least.

Even though the Cardinals refrained from drafting a horrible sumo in the first round, look who they picked up. He fits right in with all Cardinals linemen position except center. How this guy is considered an athlete is beyond me.

Jenkins is no surprise, he was too fat to begin with.

Here is Leonard Davis with all of his blubber.

Also, I looked up the current starting Eagles Offense Live. Here is what i found.

RT: Winston Justice

RG: Max Jean-Gilles

C: Jamaal Jackson

LG: Nick Cole

LT: Jason Peters

It would've been bigger except for the RT, fat ass Shawn Andrews, has a bad back, and is out for the year.
The Eagles average almost 140 lbs up front! Their combined weight is 302 pounds short of a ton!
Super obese Nick Cole will probably bust his knee this season, along with the also super obese MJG.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Dixie,

Good points!

I printed out that draft where Kris Jenkins was selected by Carolina in the 2nd Round... My paper said he was 6-4 300 and had a 4.9 40.

You are correct that he BALLOONED UP! Because he's so out of shape, I think his career could be over.

white is right

Hall of Famer
6'350....WOW...
smiley36.gif
Somewhere Jerry Ball and Dan Saleaumua are blushing. I remember Joe Phillips who was bout 295 and he was pure muscle. In the old days a 6'350 guy would have been fined and forced to go to an eating disorder camp. The last player that I recall that did this was Gilbert Brown who supposedly went up to about 400 pounds when the Packers shipped him off to the eating disorder clinic.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Jack,

Oakland D-linemen Trevor Scott (White) and Richard Seymour destroyed the Eagles sumos.

Speaking of Oakland, they currently start 3 Whites on the OL, a Poly and a mandatory black left tackle.

Chris Morris is filling in at guard for Robert Gallery:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/417290

Erik Pears has started 4 games:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/552711

Cooper Carlisle has started every game at Guard:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/187504

A big CONGRATS to you for beating Philly!!
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

I gotta say, this is one of my favorite threads. It brings a smile to my face to think of these morbidly obese sumos playing professional football, then watching them lumber around on Sundays.
smiley36.gif
Edited by: TorontoArgos

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
I remember hearing (out of the draft) how Leonard Davis had "low BF" for an OL, etc. He might be on the lower end of the sumo BF scale, but a sumo none the less.
smiley2.gif

leonard-davis.jpg

Edited by: DixieDestroyer

celticdb15

Hall of Famer