Steve Nash

j41181 said:
Brilliant game by Steve Nash:

31 points (12-21 FG's, 5-8 3pt's, 2-2 FT's)
4 rebounds
14 assists

The Suns though lost 126-118 to the Kings. I honestly feel bad for Nash not making the playoffs. But this maybe a blessing in disguise, because it will make the Suns management look really bad, while Nash overall is having another solid season under his belt.
I agree with you there. Such a shame to see great player like Nash not making the playoffs. But hopefully some interesting changes may happen come next season. Good luck to him.

j41181

Master
Another superb performance by Nash:

25 points (9-15 FG's, 2-2 3pt's, 5-8 FT's)
1 rebound
17 assists
smiley32.gif

3 steals

Phoenix scored a big win over Houston. Nash is clearly a future HOF, one of the best point guards ever. Amazing when he came from a small college, not highly drafted, a late bloomer, to display some of the best point guardship in NBA history. All this despite the numerous doubts and criticism there has been on him over the years. He clearly deserves praise and respect many times over. He's a 2-time MVP for nothing.

j41181

Master
Nash continues to roll:

29 points
3 rebounds
9 assists
1 steal

Phoenix wins 139-111 against the Kings. Phoenix is just outside the playoff race, threatening Dallas' last playoff spot. To be honest, I'd rather see Dallas make it.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I hope to hell a lot of young white aspiring point guards are studying what Steve Nash does, because there's no reason for him to be unique or the last of his kind, other than because of Caste System barriers. It's his intelligence and court sense that separates him in large part,areas where whitessuffer nodeficiency in comparison to blacks.

Alpha Male

Mentor
Others areas where the media had to give him credit were endurance and coordination. ESPN reported that he had the best conditioning on Mavericks when everyone returned from training camp, and that he could juggle a soccer ball with his feet with ease. Wasn't he also pretty good at soccer too?

j41181

Master
Steve Nash wins the battle of the great point guards!

24 points (7-9 FG's, 1-2 3pt's, 9-9 FT's)
2 rebounds
13 assists
1 steal

The Suns win 105-100 over the Hornets. Chris Paul had better numbers (29 points, 7 rebounds, 16 assists), but Nash won the game. Nash held Paul to no steals, an amazing feat by Steve Nash.
smiley36.gif
smiley32.gif

j41181

Master
2-time MVP Steve Nash begins the 2009-2010 season on a solid note:

24 points (9-13 FG's, 1-3 3pt's, 5-5 FT's)
1 rebound
8 assists

He was clutch down the stretch, tying the game 104 all on a 3 pointer, then winning the game on a lay-up 109-107. Don't write Steve Nash off just yet, he's a TOP 5 point guard, still amazing at age 35. He's hands down one of the decade's best, and among the most durable and mentally tough players in recent NBA history. Edited by: j41181

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
He'd probably have a championship with the Suns as well-along with the Kings and maybe Mavericks too, if not for David Stern and officials systematically screwing whiter teams.
smiley7.gif

Any team with Shaq gets all the calls- and Stern screwed the Suns against the Spurs. Wade and Kobe had the whistle save them in the two series as well. Man did they have a ridiculous number of FT attempts alongside Shaq!
smiley55.gif

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
If Nash can stay healthy, he should be able to top Rod Strickland on the all-time assists list:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/ast_career.html

Whites can pass!... but the NBA would rather have wildly-overrated guards like Damon Stoudamire (retired now), TJ Ford, Tyreke Evans, Telfair, Randy Foye... Have fun trying to catch the GREAT John Stockton!! You probably won't even catch Nash!

j41181

Master
Steve Nash to his ignorant and dumb critics:

"I'll wait for you guys to decide when I'm over the hill."

18 points, and 20 assists (vs. Golden State), plus the game-winner over the Clippers is beyond proof Nash has lots of game left in him!!!!

Nash has 5 games with 20+ assists for his career.

smiley99.gif
Edited by: j41181

j41181

Master
I just watched the Phoenix-Miami game live. Suns won the game 104-96.

Steve Kerr has to be a big-time idiot in making Steve Nash look "old" last year. Just look what ol' Nash is capable of despite being "only" 35 years old:

30 points (11-15 FG's, 4-5 3pt's, 4-4 FT's)
3 rebounds
8 assists
1 steal

Are these the numbers of an old, and over the hill player? Definitely NOT!!!

Critics and haters alike need to shut up, and just watch this once in a life-time legend put on a show. Night in, night out!

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Spot on WA33! David Stern, a few years ago, and then that stupid trade for Shaq (who couldn't keep up with Nash) may have cost Nash a shot at a ring though. Time is running out for Nash. He's only got a few years before he slows down.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Maybe the Suns can make a good run at a title this year though. They don't have Shawn Marion anymore, but they have Jason Richardson now. Hopefully Frye will be better for the Suns than Shaq. Goran Dragic is also a great backup- who can help give Nash a breather! We need backup center Robin Lopez to become a big difference maker like his brother Brook too!

j41181

Master
Steve Nash is showing everyone (haters especially) why he's always better than Chris Paul (with all do respect to him).

Last year, Shaq, Kerr & Porter tried to slow him down (making him look old), now...he's back to his MVP playing level!

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Steve Nash is a better pure point guard than Chris Paul.  Paul has better offensive skills but noone can pass like Nash.

guest301

Hall of Famer
whiteathlete33 said:
Steve Nash is a better pure point guard than Chris Paul.  Paul has better offensive skills but noone can pass like Nash.

Agreed. Nash is still the best pure point guard in the league.

j41181

Master
whiteathlete33 said:
15 points and 20 assists for Nash so far tonight!!  He just gets better with age.
Well, WA33, it's now 21 points and 20 assists for Mr. Nasty!

Suns won the game 119-115!

Age is NOTHING to the All-Time Greats, and Steve Nash is one example:

21 points (6-9 FG's, 1-3 3pt's, 8-8 FT's)
2 rebounds
20 assists
1 block

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I'm a little spoiled. I get to see him play live since I live in Arizona. I know I'm lucky. Steve is a class act on and off the court. What a game!

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Yes, Nash is a man that didn't start playing his best basketball until he was 30. Does this mean he is in the thick of his prime at 36 now? Like I said, Mr. Nash probably has two or three years of amazing b-ball left. The Suns have the pieces in place to make a title run this year if Channing Frye can be an "overachiever" at Center. I like using that term on a black player for a change.

Westside

Hall of Famer
There you go again Tough J, using white labels. Starting to sound like Uncle Cris.....Just kidding!
smiley36.gif

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Nash is running a clinic tonight in Phoenix against Chris Paul and the Hornets. Nash is clearly winning the battle of "the two best PGs in the league". He might just have another 20 assist, 20 point game! I'll let J41181 give the final tally on Nash's stats, as he's the man in this section. I will say this though:
"The Suns are back and Nash may just get a 3rd NBA MVP and first championship ring if he keeps this up!"

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Westside said:
There you go again Tough J, using white labels. Starting to sound like Uncle Cris.....Just kidding!
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif

Yeah, I use that description of Frye, b/c he doesn't appear to be an overly explosive leaper, but he has found his shot this year! "Frye is crafty, with good footwork, hands and is just a player- he's always in the right place...lol!" Maybe he'll become a poor man's Pau Gasol for the Suns- as both seem to have great finesse, for a big thin framed guy, with good range on their shot. This would mean the Suns have enough firepower for a championship run! Frye is no longer the weakest link!