Steroids and Black Athletes

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Here is some news on another guy. I do feel bad for his family though as he was found dead today. This is a terrible loss for any family to have to go though. They are not sure if it was a suicide or something else.
<I style="COLOR: #454d3e; FONT-SIZE: 0.9em">08/10/2010 | News | sid / fc[/I]

<H2 ="t4__element_full__h2">Antonio Pettigrew found dead.<B ="News_Details">The former 400-meter world champion Antonio Pettigrew has apparently come under mysterious circumstances in their lives.[/B]<B ="News_Details">The American was Tuesday morning (local time) in his car in Chatham County in the U.S. state of North Carolina found dead on.[/B]<B ="News_Details">The university notified the North Carolina, Antonio Pettigrew had worked most recently as assistant coach where.[/B]

Details on the possible cause of death of the former athletics star were not available.It can only be speculated about whether it was an accident or if there existed outside influences. Even a suicide was not immediately ruled out.

Antonio Pettigrew, who won his world title in 1991 in Tokyo (Japan), wrote last only doping headlines.By his confession in 2008 he lost a total of three gold medals, only the title of Tokyo, he was allowed to keep.Antonio Pettigrew leaves behind his wife Cassandra and son Antonio Pettigrew junior.

"Although we still know nothing about the circumstances, we are dismayed and deeply saddened by the news of Antonio's death," said Dick Baddour, athletic director of the university." He was very impressed with the good work of the former district have been kiln and the relationship he had built up while the students, Dick Baddour said further: "Our sympathy goes to his family now."

Many lost Medals<BR style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">
The International Olympic Committee (IOC) had Antonio Pettigrew at the Summer Games in Beijing (China) 2008 has already stripped the 4x400-meter gold from Sydney (Australia) 2000, the IAAF, had his relay gold in the 2001 World Championships in Edmonton (Canada) already canceled.Then followed the 4x400-meter victory of the Americans in 1997 and 1999.Cancelled min was also the world record from 1998 (2:54,20).

Antonio Pettigrew, who was never even tested positive, had admitted in the perjury trial against his former coach Trevor Graham, have moved from 1997 to doping by the Mexican dealer Angel Heredia, including the endurance means Epo and growth hormone.Angel Heredia had testified that he had Antonio Pettigrew supplied from 1997 to 2001.

</H2>Edited by: white lightning

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I just want to point out that prior to the Beijing 2008 Olympics, there were 6 individual Jamaican female sprinters who made the 100m or 200m Olympic finals in 60 YEARS at the Olympics and in 2008 , one year ,they have four - each getting a medal! In the 2009 Worlds 100m finalists - 4 from 2.5 million pop.Jamaica and 4 from 6.6 Billion pop.Rest ofthe World. It's not just the men but also the women that are equally guilty on that island.
Edited by: white lightning

white is right

Hall of Famer
Steroid cheats don't have long lives. Look at the death rates of modern bodybuilders and pro wrestlers. I guess we will need to see an autopsy to find out how he died. I do know he probably cheated Roger Black out of a gold in a near photo finish final. Anyway sad news for the track community.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Here is one thing I posted a while back. I don't have to get all ten names for a dumb troll but it's legit. It's been discussed on many track web sites. Your a troll but here is some of the names. At this point it was 7 caught and now it is up to 10. I hear it might be 11 soon. Remember how small a country we are talking about here. Yet they say the Jamaicans are fast from eating yams and running on grass. What a joke. They cheat as much as anyone on the planet!

Another week and another Jamaican gets busted. This is the 7th jamaican athlete. It still seems to me though that they punish a few small names to protect the big men and women that bring in the money. I just find it impossible to believe the performances of many if not most of the Jamaican Sprinters. I'm hoping in time, that justice will prevail. The only downside is what it would do for the credibility of track. Here is the article.

Again doping affair in the Jamaican team
The seventh case of doping in the team of Jamaican sprint star Usain Bolt, within twelve months: Christopher Williams, 2001 runner-up was about 200 meters, athletics IAAF for two years locked out loud. The now 38-year-old, in the semifinals in Beijing failed in 2008, has been meeting in Spain in July 2009 on a positive amphetamines test in. Christopher Williams stated that he had previously used a sleeping pill and inhaled on the way to the meeting.

Once again, a Jamaican sprinter tested positive (Photo: Chai)

Only last week it was revealed that was the Jamaican sprinter Bobby-Gaye Wilkins in the World Indoor Championships in March in Doha (Qatar) tested positive. Should the B sample confirm this, Jamaica will lose the bronze medal in the 4x400 meters.

Previously had already been caught Yohan Blake, Marvin Anderson, Lance Ford Spence, Allodin Sheri-Ann Brooks and Fothergill.

Usain Bolt is true for the International Olympic Committee (IOC) as suspicious. Its medical and doping chief Arne Ljungqvist described the achievements of the 23-year-old several times as it considers credible and clean.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Here is number 8 added to the 7 above. Trolls just don't read. Go to another board loser. You can't handle the truth! It's not the yams. Trust me.

David Howman, the World Anti-Doping Agency's director-general, last night spoke out in defence of Jamaica's drugs-testing regime after Shelly-Ann Fraser became the eighth athlete from the island to fall foul of doping regulations in 12 months. I find it funny that this guy is trying to defend this island. Anyone can see what is going on. They have dominated the sprints for sevaral years now. They have always had some talent there but all of a sudden had nothing but world and olympic champs. The improvements are like night and day. It's only obvious that they have gotten as good at cheating as the U.S.

Think about it. 8 track athletes busted in 12 months but off course most of the big names are protected. What a joke.

[url]http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2010/jul/10/shelly-ann-fraser- jamaica-anti-doping[/url]

white lightning

Hall of Famer
"There are6 Americans currently at 10.06 and under for the year, and4 Jamaicans under 9.90! Bolt, Powell, Carter and Blake.. "

There are5 Americans at 10 flat and under..4 Jamaicans. No offense, bro, but I think you might need to do YOUR homework. "

USA population: <EM style="FONT-SIZE: medium">307,006,550
Jamaica population : [/i]<EM style="FONT-SIZE: medium">2,687,200

[/i]even if you take 13 percent of the population to only include blacks, its still close to like 40,000,000

so based on that, shouldn't the black americans have a bigger number of guys going sub 10 compared to a tiny island of 2.6 million? or could it be that there is more use of peds in Jamaica because not as strict of testing?

There are still a few ped users in american sprinting, it is just much harder to get around it, therefore probably a very small number compared to Jamaica.
<EM style="FONT-SIZE: medium">
[/i]Edited by: white lightning

white lightning

Hall of Famer
<a href="http://www.iaaf.org/statistics/toplists/inout=o/age=n/season=2010/sex=M/all=n/legal=A/disc=100/detail.html" target="_blank">
Here is the latest list of Top World Times in the 100 Meters. To see a tiny island like Jamaica dominate the sprints would be almost like Poland or Ireland dominating it. They just don't have enough of a population to find that many world class sprinters at the edge of the bell curve. It is impossible without drugs. Yes they love track. Yes they have talent but what we are seeing is not real. It is cheating in every way possible.

http://www.iaaf.org/statistics/toplists/inout=o/age=n/season=2010/sex=M/all=n/legal=A/disc=100/detail.html</A> Edited by: white lightning

albinosprint

Mentor
in the next few years everyone on this small island will have to hang their heads in shame, mark my words!

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
white lightning said:
<div>"There are 6 Americans currently at 10.06 and under for the year, and 4 Jamaicans under 9.90!  Bolt, Powell, Carter and Blake.. "</div>
<div> </div>
<div>There are 5 Americans at 10 flat and under.. 4 Jamaicans.  No offense, bro, but I think you might need to do YOUR homework. "USA population: &lt;EM style="FONT-SIZE: medium"&gt;307,006,550Jamaica population : </font>[/i]&lt;EM style="FONT-SIZE: medium"&gt;2,687,200</font>[/i]even if you take 13 percent of the population to only include blacks, its still close to like 40,000,000so based on that, shouldn't the black americans have a bigger number of guys going sub 10 compared to a tiny island of 2.6 million? or could it be that there is more use of peds in Jamaica because not as strict of testing?There are still a few ped users in american sprinting, it is just much harder to get around it, therefore probably a very small number compared to Jamaica.&lt;EM style="FONT-SIZE: medium"&gt;[/i]</div>

Great post. I particularly love your fair and balanced last line. Don't know if ANY of the top U.S sprinters would take such a VERY HIGH risk of attempting to get away with steroids any more, due to the Pilot program, but a few could be getting minor illegal help from something else that metabolizes real quickly (a stimulant, HGH, etc.).

By my mental math estimate, the U.S has roughly 13 times more blacks than Jamaica (actually probably a little more, because Jamaica does have a small percentage of whites etc.). Even with such a high interest in Jamaica, it still doesn't add up to me, that 4 of the top 7 or so 100 meter sprinters in the world are from that tiny island. Yes, more than half of the most elite 100 meter sprinters in the world are from an island with a population of less than 3 million.

We need to get many more white kids in the U.S and Europe interested in sprinting, who believe in their abilities as Christophe Lemaitre does. There ARE more Christophes out there!

waterbed

Mentor
white lightning said:
<div>"There are 6 Americans currently at 10.06 and under for the year, and 4 Jamaicans under 9.90!  Bolt, Powell, Carter and Blake.. "</div>
<div> </div>
<div>There are 5 Americans at 10 flat and under.. 4 Jamaicans.  No offense, bro, but I think you might need to do YOUR homework. "USA population: &lt;EM style="FONT-SIZE: medium"&gt;307,006,550Jamaica population : </font>[/i]&lt;EM style="FONT-SIZE: medium"&gt;2,687,200</font>[/i]even if you take 13 percent of the population to only include blacks, its still close to like 40,000,000so based on that, shouldn't the black americans have a bigger number of guys going sub 10 compared to a tiny island of 2.6 million? or could it be that there is more use of peds in Jamaica because not as strict of testing?There are still a few ped users in american sprinting, it is just much harder to get around it, therefore probably a very small number compared to Jamaica.&lt;EM style="FONT-SIZE: medium"&gt;[/i]</div>

maybe 30.000.000. african americans if you take out the african americans with very significant white admixturte.This is for people that would say african americans are less black etc and would use that as argument that jamaicans are faster.But of the africans americans with significant admixture like Spearmon and Greene are great too.

for me suspicius about the the Jamaicans was that a lot of them did not improve much till 2006 or so, like Shally ann fraser? that didn't improve for yeras and than improves around a second in 2 year...
a couple of yeras ago i found out that a lot of them did improve since 2005-2007 very much.

Shelly ann fraser
2008 10.78 0.0
2007 11.31 1.0 Kingston
2006 11.74 1.1
2004 11.72 1.6
2003 11.57

that would be the same if Craig pickering would run like
a 9.40 in 2012 olympics lol.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Merritt must have had an easier time wrapping his hands around this suspension...
smiley36.gif
smiley2.gif
Gold-medalist LaShawn Merritt banned

* Email
* Print
* Comments30

Associated Press

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. -- Olympic gold medalist runner LaShawn Merritt has been banned from track through July 2011 for using a banned substance found in an over-the-counter male enhancement product.

Merritt won the 400-meter Olympic title in Beijing. He accepted a provisional suspension earlier this year and received a 21-month suspension from arbitrators Monday.

The suspension is retroactive to last October and he'll be eligible for the 2011 world championships next August.

Merritt tested positive for testosterone prohormones three times between October 2009 and January 2010. He cooperated with doping authorities, and arbitrators took three months off the normal two-year ban for first-time offenders.

Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press

white lightning

Hall of Famer
What I don't like about this is that they shortened the suspension by 3 months. This will allow him to possible particiapate in the 2011 World Champs. I hope the USATF doesn't allow him to compete. He should not be able to compete in a major champs until London in my opinion. If he were innocent, he would have fought the ban. He fully cooperated because he knew he got caught.

white is right

Hall of Famer
I guess it's not just a Jamaican thang....Laverne Jones-Ferrette stripped of world indoor medal after positive test
By Athletics Weekly, December 16th 2010

The world's fastest 60m sprinter of the past 10 years serves six-month drugs ban

Laverne Jones-Ferrette - who earlier this year clocked the fastest 60m performance in the world for 10 years - has tested positive for a banned substance, it was revealed today.

The sprinter from the US Virgin Islands made a huge breakthrough this year, improving her national record several times en route to her 6.97 clocking in Stuttgart. She went on to win the silver medal at the IAAF World Indoor Championships in Doha behind Veronica Campbell-Brown.

Jones-Ferrette will now have that medal taken away after testing positive for clomiphene on February 16 - just days after her record-breaking performance and two weeks before the World Indoor Championships. The substance blocks the effects of estrogen and can be used as a 'recovery drug' towards the end of a steroid cycle.

However, the substance is also present in drugs that help ovarian stimulation, and Jones-Ferrette - who recently announced that she is pregnant - may have been taking the substance to help her fertility.

The substance is regarded as a "specified substance" under the WADA prohibited List. Under IAAF Rules, specified substances attract a less severe sanction (ranging from a public warning to two years) than other stronger substances that carry a two-year sanction.

As such, Jones-Ferrette was given a six-month ban, which started in April this year and ended in September. Her outdoor season was highly-anticipated after her indoor breakthrough, but her ban prevented her from competing. Once she returns from pregnancy, Jones-Ferrette will be free to compete again.

Read Athletics Weekly Online: Click here for a Free Trial

white is right

Hall of Famer
Doping, Doping when will it end....
smiley11.gif
This probe was started with Spanish athletes being investigated. The biggest fish snared so far is the 2009 female world steeple chase champion. Now the coach of Francis Obikewelu has his name on a doping list from 2008. So far this probe has no power to question/arrest Portuguese athletes. Still if he was eating spiked Wheaties you would think his performance would be better. Obi has fallen off the map since 04'.Edited by: white is right

mastermulti

Master
yep, even if she took this substance to increase her chances of pregnancy she's still responsible for what goes into her system.
Whether to gain adantage or just silly naivity... either way it gives an edge and can't be toleratedEdited by: mastermulti

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
The problem with Victor Conte is that he is a dirty lying bastard. Yes he's right the jamaicans are cheating but yet he still refuses to finger his friend Bonds who he cheated up the yazoo with. It's a joke, someone should beat hell out of this lying clown. It's because of him that Bonds is going to beat his court trial and the MSM will use that to exonerate that cheating pig to further glorify a cheating african.

the argie

Guru
"When people ask me about Bolt I say he could be the greatest athlete of all-time. But for someone to run 10.03 one year and 9.69 the next, if you don't question that in a sport that has the reputation it has right now, you're a fool. Period."Â￾
Carl Lewis