Spencer Hawes

guest301

Hall of Famer
Nice to see guys like Hawes, Marc Gasol, Kaman(all-star)and Brook Lopez getting loads of playing time and overcoming the "big white stiff" stereotype that is on most white centers. Too bad the Magic resigned the athletic Marcin Gortat because he would have been a starter for the Mavericks.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Gortat is still very young at 25 years of age so he has time to start for some team. Hopefully he gets picked up by a team that needs a center and gets more minutes.

j41181

Master
HAWESOME performance by Spencer Hawes! The best of his entire career, despite a heart-breaking loss to the Lakers, 109-108. He's been so quiet for much of this season, I was starting to have doubts to Paul Westphal's utilization of him. But, since Hawes had the game of a life-time, I figure
he's just adjusting to Westpahl's coaching style. This performance is surely a ground-breaking moment for the tower from Seattle.

30 points (12-20 FG's, 4-5 3pt's, 2-2 FT's)
11 rebounds
5 assists
1 steal

j41181

Master
Martin's return has really taken a toll of Hawes. If only the Kings let Hawes be the 1st option once in a while, they'd be more competitive. rather than let Ball-Hog Evans do everything. Kings won 99-96, and Hawes just had his best overall game in awhile:

18 points (7-10 FG's, 1-1 3pt's, 3-3 FT's)
13 rebounds
2 assists
3 blocks

j41181

Master
smiley36.gif
It's been a year since I posted here...
smiley36.gif

It's been a tough year for the Big man from Seattle, but this has been one of his better efforts. I don't think Doug Collins will let him have have games like this often. Hawes needs to play perfect (NO early fouls or "defensive lapses") to enjoy 40+ minutes.

16 points, 15 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 steal & block in 42 minutes.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Hawes is playing well for a Philly team that is rolling!

And, with the trade of Mareese Speights (to Memphis), Nikola Vucevic is playing more.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Spencer Hawes: 16.8/10.3, having a great year comparable to David Lee: 17.6/9.2, is sitting for the second straight game. I hope it's nothing serious!

Orlando's Vucevic already at 15 points 8 rebounds with 5 mins. left in 2nd quarter!

The Hock

Master
I didn't even know Hawes was still in the league. He started down in Sac and showed some promise, then disappeared for a while. At least to me. I don't follow the NBA all that much any more but it's good to see he's doing well.