Smith Center High (Kansas) Redmen

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Unless you've been living under a rock for a while, you know about Kansas' undefeated season and the discussion it has produced here at CF. Another undefeated Kansas team you may not have heard about is the Smith Center High School Redmen of Smith Center, Kansas. I hadn't heard of them either until today when I saw a picture of an all white team doing drills on the front cover of a week old New York Times. I asked for the paper and brought it home. This tiny (Division 2-1A) 98+% white high school has just 154 students this year in grades 9-12, but is undefeated (11-0) and unscored upon this year! The Redmen are playing in the semi-finals of the state playoffs tonight against 11-1 St. Francis, another all white team that Smith Center beat 6-2 in the semi-final last year. Smith Center has won 3 straight state titles, and is on a 52 game winning streak. The scoring total between the Redmen and their opponents this year is 760-0!
smiley32.gif
Here is the link to the full NYT article. Toward the bottom of the page, there is a 2 minute highlight video of Smith Center. This is a town I would really like to visit!

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/09/sports/football/09football .html?em&ex=1194843600&en=eb62b86a55206993&ei=5087%0AEdited by: Colonel_Reb

Gi-15

Mentor
WOW! Unscored in 11 games? thats unheard of! incredible feat! I dont care the level of competition, its just unbelievable. congrats and good luck to those kids!