Signing Day blues

sunshine

Mentor
Signing day is right around the corner and from what I have seen so far this year may be the most depressing y ever. Even Nebraska does not recruit white skill players anymore. In fact there are so few white guys at cb,wr and rb at this rate the NCAA will resemble the NFL in two or three years. For my mental well being I should forget about sports.

Deus Vult

Mentor
LSU's 2007 class will be nearly 3-to-1 black-to-white.
smiley11.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Deus Vult said:
LSU's 2007 class will be nearly 3-to-1 black-to-white.
smiley11.gif

When was the last year it wasn't like that? Ole Miss has had classes like that since Tommy Tub-O-Lies arrived in December 1994. Now if they have 2 or 3 they are doing "good."
smiley5.gif
The SEC makes me sick, and I'm glad I'm now out in MWC territory, the whitest conference in the country.

eaxs

And if you ever talk to any SEC fan, they will tell you two
things. One, who is "their" team and two, how tough the big, bad SEC
is. These morons even chant "SEC, SEC, SEC" at games.

Also, most of these people fit the mold of the typical stupid, self-hating, and
generally idiotic White Amerikwan of today. These people cheer on "their" affaletes at all costs. From driving cross-country for each home game, decorating their car with flags and stickers, to turning a blind eye when it comes to actions from the usual suspects, these people make me ill.
Rant over.

Notre Dame had 20 verbals this morning...
2 have signed elsewhere with Black Athlete Greg Little gone to UNC
and Black O Lineman Chris Little gone to UGA.

out of the 18 Verbals
9 are white.
supposedly one of those two complained about a lack of "diversity" in South Bend and at ND.
smiley11.gif

ocaamikedm11

Mentor
NotreDameIrish said:
supposedly one of those two complained about a lack of "diversity" in South Bend and at ND.
smiley11.gif

Or they know they can't keep up with the grades...

Lance Alworth

Mentor
I'm from the south and I always root against SEC (and southern teams in general) for the reason that the south is the blackest part of the country, which usually means the rosters of those teams will be predominately black as well

SteveB

Mentor
Actually, looking through the lists, this year may be better than last year. I will be working on my annual recruiting analysis this week and will post soon.

sunshine

Mentor
Looking foward to your report Steve B. I hope you are right but it seems there are so few white skill players. That said some teams have one or two for what that is worth. Florida with WR Paul Wilson-4.4 speed on the heels of Riley Cooper who like Franouer could become a MLB player but has enough raw talent to someday play in the NFL.

sunshine

Mentor
Scrolling down rivals.com "athletes" I noticed Chris Hohl a 4.39 CB speedster out of Father Ryan (Nashville) wasn't signed by a school. He is 5'11" 184lbs so size should not be the issue either. Also ignored was Nick Downey a 4.4 CB out of PA. Tyler Ahrehold, another 4.4 CB will walk on at Penn State. Brian Aubuchon out of TX yet another 4.4 QB/athlete was ignored too. There are some others. The next time some wiseass comes on this board saying whites aren't recruited because they are too slow should do their homework. I will continue to dig out other fast white guys being snubbed. Heaven forbid we start seeing white guys speed around at the skill positions.

white tornado

Mentor
The vast majority of white guys who are screwd don't get any press at all and will never be knonw even to the most informed posters on this site.

cslewis1

Guru
SteveB said:
Actually, looking through the lists, this year may be better than last year.

Please tell me that's the case! I love college football too much to begin to give up on it.