Shouldn't it be "I'm just another slow non-west African athlete"

referendum

Mentor
I didn't know where to post this as I'm referring to multiple sports, but it happens most often in football. Commentators, athletes etc will always refer to the allegedly slow white player, with the assumption that whites are slow and unathletic. One often hears the term "slow white guy". Even if one assumes that American black athletes are fast and athletic and in comparison others aren't as much, perhaps a more accurate way to express things would be to identify non-blacks as non-blacks instead of white. By saying "slow white guys" one is implying that white players/athletes would be slowest/least athletic in comparison with Indians, Chinese, Peruvians, East African blacks, Aborigines from Australia etc. etc, when in fact there is no evidence for this at all, regardless of whether there is evidence for west African descended blacks on the speed issue.
Ironically, the Left champions the idea of the US becoming the multi-racial Brazil of the North, and yet is not helpful in embracing this more appropriate term ("slow non-west African"). By not embracing this term, it implies that the US is still just a white and black country, and we all know thats not the case. And of course it implies that whites are the slowest/least athletic of all the worlds ethnicities and we know thats not the case

Fenris

In this country black means of west african descent, and when whites are refered to as slow its in contrast to west africans. Baseball doesn't have stereotype of the slow whites to the same degree because the big racial gap is white hispanic not white black. Albert Pujols is not assumed to be faster because he is non white and players like Josh Hamilton are celebrated as fast.

Besides why go to the trouble of convincing people to develop a more accurate version of stereotype that is at least vastly over emphasised. I think west africans are probably slightly faster then europeans in general but not to anywhere near degree that is commonly supposed.

I think the goal is to make people realize there are plenty of fast white people not that NWAM(non west african minorities) are slow too.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Pujols is of West African ancestry he is a mulatto. He is just slow because of his burly build and maybe he was never fast to begin with. I remember one famous quote about the first Black player the Yankees signed(Elston Howard), there was an anonymous scout who stated that the Yankees had to sign the slowest Black player in baseball to integrate the team. It seems like if the stereotype of the ultra fast Black player was based off baseball it would have died a swift death as many stars have been slow ie Moe Vaughn, Eddie Murray, Jim Rice, Fred McGriff and even Latinos like Big Poppy and the previously mentioned Pujols.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Pujols is of West African ancestry he is a mulatto. He is just slow because of his burly build and maybe he was never fast to begin with. I remember one famous quote about the first Black player the Yankees signed(Elston Howard), there was an anonymous scout who stated that the Yankees had to sign the slowest Black player in baseball to integrate the team. It seems like if the stereotype of the ultra fast Black player was based off baseball it would have died a swift death as many stars have been slow ie Moe Vaughn, Eddie Murray, Jim Rice, Fred McGriff and even Latinos like Big Poppy and the previously mentioned Pujols.

Ken Singleton used to be called the slowest player in baseball in the '70s and early '80s. He wasn't burly at all at 6'4" and 210. In 15 MLB seasons he had just 21 stolen bases and was caught stealing 36 times.

The NFL is filled with black players who aren't fast. The few actual burners easily stand out. DWFs are Cultural Marxism's finest trained specimens; they routinely deny what they're seeing with their own eyes because they've been blinded by the unrelenting ideological voodoo of the media.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Yes he was slow and wasn't stocky or outright fat. It seems like if you had a slow black player you made him a first baseman or a dh....:tongue: