Shampoo Ad

Deus Vult

Mentor
Gentlemen, forgive me if this has already been discussed on CF. I searched the site, but did not find any mention of the television (and radio) commercials featuring Troy Polamalu. Have y'all seen these shampoo ads? They are more than just a little bit queer! Has Troy taken the "Slash" mantle in Pittsburg?

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
DV, I don't think there was a post on the ad...but it has been alluded to. It seems to have a quasi-sodomite overture indeed...as if the White interviewer is secretly longing for "Polymalu".
smiley55.gif
Nothing from the rootless cosmos on Madison Avenue surprises me these days.
smiley21.gif

Edited by: DixieDestroyer

Deus Vult

Mentor
DixieDestroyer said:
DV, I don't think there was a post on the ad...but it has been alluded to. It seems to have a quasi-sodomite overture indeed...as if the White interviewer is secretly longing for "Polymalu".
smiley21.gif

That's the one, DD! Actually, there are a couple variations on the same theme. And Troy Polly himself... Man, I cannot recall hearing such a surprisingly feminine voice from such a "tough guy" since the first time I heard Mike Tyson!

DWFan

Mentor
LOL I saw a print ad. I think it was for Head and Shoulders. Yep, I'm sure he uses that!

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
We took the kids to a Fall Festival at a local church yesterday (before trick-o-treatin' last night). Some kid had a Poly jersey & black/dreads type wig on...as his costume.
smiley21.gif
However another kid had a Nazi soldier outfit on as his costume! His Mom took a picture of him & his brother & he threw up the "88" salute...I was laughing too hard to yell Sieg Heil!
smiley36.gif
That was the best Halloween costume I've seen since the "illegal alien" one!
smiley2.gif