Robert Helenius

ww

Guru
Thanks. Would you know what time it starts, USA time?

If it's 8PM German time it would be 2PM ET.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Sam Peter has gained nearly 20 pounds since his fight with Wlad last September.

from fightnews.com:

Marco Huck 198.4 vs. Ran Nakash 199.7
(WBO cruiserweight championship)

Samuel Peter 260 vs. Robert Helenius 239.2

Kali Meehan 236 vs. Valeri Semiskur 238.7

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Five months ago, Peter's physique looked better than ever before (he's habitually obese). Nevertheless, he was utterly clobbered by Wladimir, culminating with a perfect 10th round KO in front of an exhilarated German crowd.

Helenius will have his hands full, as Peter has power, can take loads of punishment before wilting, and is far more experienced in the division. Helenius, like Wladimir, will have a 4"Â￾ height advantage over the rotund Nigerian.

Peter is hot and cold fighter, so the outcomes of his fights are rather unpredictable. I doubt Helenius can KO Peter (obviously, I hope I'm wrong), but I think he can win by decision.

white is right

Hall of Famer
ww said:
Thanks.  Would you know what time it starts, USA time?  If it's 8PM German time it would be 2PM ET.
It should be on at about 5pm EST as the fight is probably the semi-final bout as the Huck title fight is the main event.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Thrashen said:
Five months ago, Peter's physique looked better than ever before (he's habitually obese). Nevertheless, he was utterly clobbered by Wladimir, culminating with a perfect 10th round KO in front of an exhilarated German crowd.

Helenius will have his hands full, as Peter has power, can take loads of punishment before wilting, and is far more experienced in the division. Helenius, like Wladimir, will have a 4"Â￾ height advantage over the rotund Nigerian.

Peter is hot and cold fighter, so the outcomes of his fights are rather unpredictable. I doubt Helenius can KO Peter (obviously, I hope I'm wrong), but I think he can win by decision.
If Helenius survives a chin check and a test of stamina he should win this going away. Peter at this point has given up on being a serious contender. Hey why fight either K brother again and get beaten like an African drum....
smiley2.gif

The Hock

Master
Just watched some of Vlad-Peter 2. Peter was fighting hard and throwing some scary looking haymakers, but Vlad had the skill to avoid them and counter with his own shots. I'm not sold on Helenius yet, but I might buy in if he can handle Peter. I just don't know if Helenius looks like he can handle a world class punch. I rather doubt it, really.

Might be a big letdown for Finland tomorrow.

Edited by: The Hock

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
The Hock said:
Just watched some of Vlad-Peter 2. Peter was fighting hard and throwing some scary looking haymakers, but Vlad had the skill to avoid them and counter with his own shots. I'm not sold on Helenius yet, but I might buy in if he can handle Peter. I just don't know if Helenius looks like he can handle a world class punch. I rather doubt it, really.

Might be a big letdown for Finland tomorrow.

I agree. This fight is not a given for Helenius - the fact is he doesn't have close to the defensive boxing skills of Wlad. Helenius is open to counter punches, so I wouldn't be shocked if Peter knocks him out, if he can get his punches off fast enough.

But that being said, Helenius is very strong and throws a wide variety of types of punches, so I think there a good chance KOs Peter. I do realize Peter has a strong chin, but Helenius can really punch and Peter is easy to hit, especially at 260 pounds.

This should be a fun fight to watch while it lasts.
smiley1.gif

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
ww said:
"[/i]What's the best way to find pirate feeds?ww<span style="font-size: 10px;"></span>

Do what I do, check castefootball.us those guys are always up on where to get the feeds for big fights.
smiley2.gif

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Potential streams for Huck and Helenius fights:

one
three
three

No guarantees, but at least one of these should work. The third is a Sopcast stream, which I use as a last resort.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Peter gets Helenius with a haymaker right in the stones.

Helenius is angry now, and exchanging at close range with Peter.

Great fight!

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Unbeaten heavyweight Robert Helenius (15-0, 10 KOs) scored his biggest win with a spectacular knockout of former WBC heavyweight champion Samuel Peter (34-5, 27 KOs). The much taller Helinius mostly worked behind his jab, showing Peter a lot of respect. Peter, who came in at a career hight 259.9, was the aggressor. That all changed in round nine when Helinius dropped Peter with with a left hook, then laid him out for the count with his follow up attack.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Peter is out COLD from a left hook.

Helenius knocked him down with the same punch, he got up at the count of 9, then Helenius hit him with a righ-left hook combination and Peter was ASLEEP.

smiley32.gif

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
How can this be? Ask any DWF and he will tell you that blacks have harder bones, more fast twitch muscles, narrower hips and more testosterone.

Then he will go back to munching his chips and guzzling his beer while wearing his Michael Vick jersey.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
The surprising thing here is that Helenius actually knocked Peter out one round earlier than Wladimir Klitschko. Not bad at all.

referendum

Mentor
Awesome, Helenius is now in the running for a title shot, or at least for a title eliminator fight. Yet another white heavyweight has emerged. Also, great to see the master of the low blow and rabbit punch get beat by yet another white fighter. Hopefully this puts Peter on the road to retirement.Edited by: referendum

white is right

Hall of Famer
Wow you guys beat me to the punch.....
smiley2.gif
Damn the stream for the Huck fight I was going to watch didn't have this fight. Well at least I won my online wager.......
smiley36.gif
smiley2.gif

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
It looks like Peter didn't take Helenius very seriously. He came in obese again but he usually comes into fights obese anyway. When he fought Klitschko he was in the best shape of his career. Regardless even if he was in better shape he still would have lost.