Red stripe beer commercials

emt1

Guru
Anyone here tired of the red-stripe beer commercials constantly putting down white people? If the races were reversed, the blacks would be rioting. Any thoughts?

G

emt1 said:
Anyone here tired of the red-stripe beer commercials constantly putting down white people? If the races were reversed, the blacks would be rioting. Any thoughts?

haven't seen them

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Menelik said:
emt1 said:

haven't seen them

Me, either.

emt1

Guru
Really? I guess they only show those ads in colorado
smiley24.gif

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Well, let's put it in perspective.

What would you say about a commercial for a bail bonds company that says, "We been helpin' keep the brothers out of jail for over seventy years!"

Or a commercial for floatation devices and nose plugs that say, "Helping Mexicans cross the river for over 70 years!"

Or a bank commercial that says, "Helping Jews safeguard their money for more than 70 years!"

All would be funny enough, but how many would actually air?

Why is a stereotype about whites inabilty to dance okay for television, but no stereotypes about other ethnic groups?

I'd actually prefer it if commercials that poke fun at racial and ethnic stereotypes were permitted to air on television. I simply object that the only ones we can see today are the ones that make fun of white people.

Bart

Hall of Famer
The commercial is typical of the way whites get portrayed. No, it's not a blatant in your face stereotypical putdown. The best propaganda is subtle, sneaking in under the radar.A thin well dressed black guy dances to the music, slightly overweight stiff white man stands there like a cardboard cutout UNTIL he gets handed aJamaicanbrew. Then through osmosis he apparently recieves some of that black rhythm which even permeates their beer. He then manages to unthaw and begins to undulate somewhat out of sync to the music.

If we don't notice the racial implications it's because we've been subjected to this for decades. How do I know? Reverse the roles and our reactions would be totally different.

white tornado

Mentor
Bart your synopsis of the commercial made me burst out in laughter. But what you said is true, the more subtle the propiganda the more efective.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
That is exactly how it works. Why else is Amos and Andy off TV? Why hasn't the ever-popular movie Song of the South been released since 1987 and not put on VHS or DVD in the US? Same PC reason. Making fun of everyone but whites is bad.

emt1

Guru
And that ad was one of the more tame ads the have. I've seen 3 more which were much worse, the point is that i'm sick and tired of my race being portrayed as "losers"
smiley7.gif

Rise

Guru
"Affirmative Action, helping our non-white friends get jobs they don't deserve for over 40 years, Hooray Affirmative Action!!"

C Darwin

Mentor
Rise said:
"Affirmative Action, helping our non-white friends get jobs they don't deserve for over 40 years, Hooray Affirmative Action!!"

Bravo!

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
"Ajax Driving School, helping Asians learn to drive for over 20 years!" Skinny ethnic-Chinese looking man with big black-rimmed glasses and buck teeth on screen: "Fank you Awax dribing skoo!", bows and smiles at camera. Peels out in little mini-car, bouncing off two cars on his way down the street.

"Uncle Tom's fried chicken and watermelon, we're your source for eats this Juneteenth!" Big fat black man and woman grin at the camera, chicken in one hand and watermelon in the other, with 8 kids sitting around a picnic table in the backgroud: "MMM MMM! That sho' is some fine ass chicken, Unka Tom!" Kids suddenly start fist fighting over buckets of chicken on a picnic table behind the obese couple. Cries of "I gets da leg, I gets da breast" can be heard. "Remember Uncle Tom's when you celebrate YOUR Juneteenth!" "Remember, you're not a slave anymore - choose Uncle Tom's!"

White woman walking alone into a dark parking garage, or huge empty out door parking lot. Suddenly two menacing black youth approach from the shadows. "Yo bitch, give up the purse." One flashes a knife, the other a toothy grin with sparkling gold teeth. The white woman says, "Please don't hurt me... I have my money right here.." Reaches in to her purse, pulls out a small pistol and shoots both of her assailants. Voice over: "Jack's Guns, helping protect innocent Americans for over 70 years." The woman has the gun pointed at the men writhing on the floor, now on her cell phone, "Yes, police?", voice fades as commercial ends.

I can think of plenty more, but you get the idea. Never see these on television!

Realgeorge

Mentor
Hey White Shogun !! You're Hired !

Your ideas are great. How can we get an amateur acting crew to film these "commercials" and get contraband copies spread all over the internet?

Bart

Hall of Famer
White Shogun said:
"MMM MMM! That sho' is some fine ass chicken, Unka Tom!"

I just missed my keyboard with a Danny Thomas spritz routine after reading that line.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Realgeorge said:
Hey White Shogun !! You're Hired !

Your ideas are great. How can we get an amateur acting crew to film these "commercials" and get contraband copies spread all over the internet?

Be nice to see something like that on Youtube. What would be even better is reading all the 'racist' commentary posted by offended minorities before Youtube is finally pressured into pulling them from the site.Edited by: White Shogun

White Shogun said:
"Ajax Driving School, helping Asians learn to drive for over 20 years!" Skinny ethnic-Chinese looking man with big black-rimmed glasses and buck teeth on screen: "Fank you Awax dribing skoo!", bows and smiles at camera. Peels out in little mini-car, bouncing off two cars on his way down the street.

"Uncle Tom's fried chicken and watermelon, we're your source for eats this Juneteenth!" Big fat black man and woman grin at the camera, chicken in one hand and watermelon in the other, with 8 kids sitting around a picnic table in the backgroud: "MMM MMM! That sho' is some fine ass chicken, Unka Tom!" Kids suddenly start fist fighting over buckets of chicken on a picnic table behind the obese couple. Cries of "I gets da leg, I gets da breast" can be heard. "Remember Uncle Tom's when you celebrate YOUR Juneteenth!" "Remember, you're not a slave anymore - choose Uncle Tom's!"

White woman walking alone into a dark parking garage, or huge empty out door parking lot. Suddenly two menacing black youth approach from the shadows. "Yo bitch, give up the purse." One flashes a knife, the other a toothy grin with sparkling gold teeth. The white woman says, "Please don't hurt me... I have my money right here.." Reaches in to her purse, pulls out a small pistol and shoots both of her assailants. Voice over: "Jack's Guns, helping protect innocent Americans for over 70 years." The woman has the gun pointed at the men writhing on the floor, now on her cell phone, "Yes, police?", voice fades as commercial ends.

I can think of plenty more, but you get the idea. Never see these on television!

smiley32.gif
I like it, although it would be far too harsh for tv
smiley17.gif

white tornado

Mentor
Saw two new comercials that pissed me off. The first was the new nike football add the main carecter of the comercial is a black kid whos dad is dion sanders and mom is a pretty white woman. Another is about how Nick Cannon(a f@ggot little r&b singer)who has two stalkers who are preety white girls.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Fantasy football has been a key factor in the NFL's current popularity, meaning it has also helped every team's profit margin, and the advent of such publicity outlets for the league as the NFL Network.

That hasn't stopped the NFL Network from airing a series of fantasy football commercials which feature clueless, complete white dorks in the starring roles. The adherence to racial ideology among the media and all institutions of society is total. There is never a break, never the slightest deviation from the demeaning roles assigned white men. That's why that European advertisement featuring a young white woman acting aggressively toward a black woman created such an international furor.

One thing the fantasy football commercials portray accurately though -- every league has a black and an Asian member, just like the ones in the commercials.
smiley36.gif

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
white tornado said:
Another is about how Nick Cannon(a f@ggot little r&b singer)who has two stalkers who are preety white girls.

I know! You certainly won't ever see a white man being adored or fawned over by black women on TV.

JD074

Master
What really pisses me off is not just that the white man is always portrayed as dumb/ clueless/ pathetic, etc., but how often he's juxtaposed with a black person who's smart/ competent/ helpful/ cool/ attractive, etc. It makes my stomach turn.

Yeah, I've been seeing these jackassed commericals fir a little over a year now. It's one of the reasons I don't watch that much T.V. anymore.

You know what they should do...

Make a commercial for a cell phone company where the black guy is talking on the phone, and is talking in ebonics and going 'can you hear me now black!?". Then, have a White guy come walking in, and say, "No Leroy, he cannot hear you now...try speaking proper English."

That'll get a lawsuit or two fired up. Lol.

White_Savage

Mentor
Frank Rizzo said:
Yeah, I thought they were funny. Nothing else.

But of course, that's because your are black-ass kissing troll who never saw an insult to White men you didn't like.

What this commercial says to me is that White men need to be drunk to act like a moron on a dance floor, whereas your average Black start out in a mental state roughly equivalent to your average highly-inebriated White man, not that the commercial intentionally spins it that way.