RB - Sam McGuffie

whiteCB

Master
OC football said:
Where McGuffie will not go and why....

SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA - He's already stated that "early playing time is important". Considering USC's depth at the RB position it becomes unrealistic that he would see the field much until his junior or senior year. If at all.

LSU - McGuffie has already made ememies at LSU by insulting the RB's who are already there. His statement was "I couldn't believe how slow LSU's running backs are". I think that if Sam was serious about LSU then he'd have kept his mough shut.

OHIO STATE - This school could have a legitimate shot at landing McGuffie but they have yet to offer him a scholarship.

TEXAS A&M - Sam has a big ego and would want to play on a big stage. A&M falls just short of that. No offense to anyone who went there.

OKLAHOMA - It's in Oklahoma. Haha jk. This school has lots of depth at every position. At least according to Rivals.com. Yet for some reason the program appears to be sliding a bit. It seems a bit unrealistic that the Sooners will be winning a national championship anytime soon.

UCLA - Commuter school. No parties. 50% Asian school. A boring and very serious enviorment. The student section does not stand during games, they remain seated. Quiet crowd. The Bruins play at the Rose bowl witch is 45 minutes from campus. Won't win a championship. Not a high profile program.

BERKLEY - Not a very high profile program. No other negatives. He would definatly get playing time here.

FLORDIA - Look at that depth chart. Oh my. Won't get early playing time here. McGuffie will sense that Bobby Bowen doesn't believe in his tallent.

So it comes down to......

MICHIGAN - Deep at the running back position but they are not extrodinary. Nice atmosphere. Good academics but this is not a boring campus. Still a party/football school. Michigan's coaching staff seems to really believe in McGuffie. The coaches even promised not to recruit anymore RB's if he commits.

NOTRE DAME - With a last name like McGuffie the Irish already seem right for him. Weiss thinks that white kids can play the skill positions, this goes without saying, Weiss won't even have to bring it up with Sam. High profile program. Lack of depth at RB. Weiss already went down to visit McGuffie. When Weiss called Sam his hands were shaking and Charlie explained that to Sam that "he was speechless when viewing the tapes, had never seen anything like it". Notre Dame was one of the first schools to offer the kid. Big annoying, crazy, drunken, wierd, crowed that doesn't know how to shut the f**k up. This program is comming up, just look at who is comming into the program. Gonna have a good offensive line. The best QB in the country.

WOW I didn't know UCLA was such a lame school. I assumed being in Los Angeles and having a powerhouse bball program would make UCLA an ideal party school. Though I really hope Ohio St offers Sam a scholarship because the last thing Ohio St needs is having to face McGuffie on the Wolverines. Also I wouldn't mind him going to Notre Dame at all.

backrow

Hall of Famer
white lightning said:
He should go to Notre Dame.What could possibly be better?Sam would get to be on national tv every week showcasing his many talents.He would also have an outstanding chance to win the Heisman at a high profile school.To me it's a no brainer.Please let him go to the Fighting Irish!
smiley32.gif

hell yeah, that would just consolidate Irish as our team!
smiley32.gif

SteveB

Mentor
OC football said:
So it comes down to......

MICHIGAN - Deep at the running back position but they are not extrodinary. Nice atmosphere. Good academics but this is not a boring campus. Still a party/football school. Michigan's coaching staff seems to really believe in McGuffie. The coaches even promised not to recruit anymore RB's if he commits.

NOTRE DAME - With a last name like McGuffie the Irish already seem right for him. Weiss thinks that white kids can play the skill positions, this goes without saying, Weiss won't even have to bring it up with Sam. High profile program. Lack of depth at RB. Weiss already went down to visit McGuffie. When Weiss called Sam his hands were shaking and Charlie explained that to Sam that "he was speechless when viewing the tapes, had never seen anything like it". Notre Dame was one of the first schools to offer the kid. Big annoying, crazy, drunken, wierd, crowed that doesn't know how to shut the f**k up. This program is comming up, just look at who is comming into the program. Gonna have a good offensive line. The best QB in the country.

Pretty good analysis, but I wouldn't throw A&M or OSU out of the mix yet. Cy-Fair High School is just down the road from my neighborhood and there is a strong Aggie presence here. It is only an hour away from College Station and the majority of Sam's classmates will go to college there. Also, his high school coach is a former Aggie football player. There is a big advantage for the school when the player's family can come to watch all of his games. A&M is also a running program and if he gets to start, he will get plenty of carries. There lies the problem though, A&M is also loaded with talented RBs with last year's true freshman RB Michael Goodson and former 5 star recruit competing with Sam for the starting role.

J.B. Shugarts, one of the top linemen in the 2008 class, is a good friend of Sam's, and he just committed to Ohio State. They took all of their campus visits together and he could have an influence on Sam's decision. That is if OSU offers.

I am a die hard Aggie and would love for Sam to play football there, but as I have said before, Notre Dame would give Sam more national exposure and a better shot at the NFL. Where ever he decides, I will be watching him closely throughout his career. The kid is special.Edited by: SteveB

whiteCB

Master
Man that would be great to see Ohio St offer especially because Sam has said he would like one. Also just like Notre Dame Ohio St plays whites at skill positions too so Sam is probably aware of that.

white is right

Hall of Famer
After watching him on highlight reels I'm starting to wonder if all white tailbacks leap over defenders with a single bound.......
smiley36.gif
smiley32.gif

SteveB

Mentor
McGuffie says he has narrowed his list of college choices down to thirteen schools. He has gotten so many offers that he can't keep track of them.

Sam McGuffie on Rivals

Thank God for Youtube. This kid would not be as well known if it wasn't for all of his video clips on Youtube, IMO.Edited by: SteveB

backrow

Hall of Famer
is McGuffie the best white prospect in recent years coming out of high school? what do you think guys?

white lightning

Hall of Famer
He is the best prospect since Kyle Bell from three years ago.Remember that Bell ran for over 8000 yards in high school which puts him in the all time top 10 nation wide.

Tre Smith had unbelivable potential with his speed and moves.So did Luke Staley.I believe that this kid could be better than all of these guys put together.The question is will he get a legit chance to start right away and can he live up to the hype?I believe that he will.He is just that good!
smiley20.gif

jared

Mentor
I wouldn't forget to mention Toby Gerhart either who broke the California high school rushing record just two years ago. He had the misfortune of rushing behind a god-awful Stanford O-line last year but he still saw significant carries as a true freshman.

SteveB

Mentor
backrow said:
is McGuffie the best white prospect in recent years coming out of high school? what do you think guys?

At the RB spot, I would say yes. Tre Smith is probably close, but I don't think that he got 13+ Division 1 offers. In Texas, Aaron Luna was a top prospect at RB a couple of years ago, but decided to play baseball and lost his football offers because of it. Other than that, I am not aware of any white RB prospects that have received the attention that McGuffie has.

jared

Mentor
In terms of popular opinion as a RB prospect, I think McGuffie will surpass Tre Smith. Past Tre, I don't really know of anybody who would compare, I wasn't paying much attention then. For the life of me though I don't see how Gerhart was rated as a mid-tier fullback coming out of highschool when he was the same size and posessed the same athleticism (w/ greater production) as the number one RB prospect Chris Wells.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
for "some reason" Kyle Bell wasn't highly touted coming out of high school despite not only shattering all sorts of rushing records, but also going to school just down the road from former "Blue Chip All American" Lendale White. the knock on Bell was that he came from a small-time program, but nobody ever said anything about Lendale's competition... the main difference, of course, is Lendale is black and Kyle is white. oh, and Kyle is bigger, faster, stronger, and more productive, too... but don't mind that.

and Jared, what do you mean you "don't see how Gerhart was rated as a mid-tier fullback coming out of highschool"? it's easy to see, because skin color is kinda hard to overlook when the running back is obviously white.

as is usually the case with the Caste System, the "experts" weren't confused with the facts about Toby Gerhart, and tagged him at his "rightful" position as a fullback. plain and simple, it was done because he is a white athlete.

SteveB

Mentor
Because of his size, I think that Gerhart was easily slotted to the fullback position by the colleges and few people would question it. Smith and McGuffie are smaller and it would be difficult for the coaches to slot them to a caste position. I don't underestimate the power of Youtube to change people's perception. McGuffie's clips have been viewed by thousands if not millions of people, including powerful boosters of big time college programs. The talent at RB is obvious. The coaches will look stupid if they don't play McGuffie at RB. We need more white players to put their highlights on Youtube for everyone to see.Edited by: SteveB

whiteCB

Master
Ranking the 13 schools in order that will give Sam the best chance at becoming a star RB. These rankings are based on past preference given to white players and the schools' RB talent; schools with good talent at RB will be more inclined to switch Sam to a "white" position:
1. Notre Dame (an offer you can't refuse)
2. Texas A&M (they do have Peterson at CB)
3. Iowa State (Sam easily comes in and starts as a FR)
4. Arizona (see above)
5. Cal
6. Michigan (RB coach at UM really loves Sam alot!)
7. USC
8. North Carolina
9. Oklahoma
10. Florida (the SEC don't take too kindly to white RBs)
11. Alabama (see above)
12. Miami U (Sam please avoid Coral Gables at all costs!)
13. Florida St. (Bowden has literally laughed at the notion of a white RB)

jared

Mentor
whiteCB said:
Ranking the 13 schools in order that will give Sam the best chance at becoming a star RB. These rankings are based on past preference given to white players and the schools' RB talent; schools with good talent at RB will be more inclined to switch Sam to a "white" position:
4. Arizona (see above)
5. Cal
7. USC
8. North Carolina
9. Oklahoma
11. Alabama (see above)
I didn't even know Arizona was on his radar. As much as I'd be pleased to have him play in my state, I wouldn't want him competing with RS freshman Glyndon Bolasky. He was a pretty prominent AZ prospect and is still to my knowledge a tailback on U of A's roster. Now Arizona State would be another story... too bad they ain't on the list. Michigan would be amazing, I just could never have imagined Mich playing a white tailback.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The University of Arizona are not even giving Glydon a fair look.He has gotten almost no carries in spring practices and none in the game.He will be switched to another position or cut.I guarantee it.I am a die hard wildcat fan but Stoops doesn't seem too friendly to our athletes.

I however would love for Sam to come here and help change Stoops mind on white running backs.If not AZ,I would love to see him suit up for Notre Dame!

White Mike

Guru
whiteCB said:
4. Arizona (see above)
5. Cal
7. USC
8. North Carolina
9. Oklahoma
11. Alabama (see above)

I agree with you 100%. I've been talking to Sam for about a month now, letting him know about the uphill battle he's about to face. I'm going to send him this list.

G

I seriously think that youtube will help prevent athletes like this from ever falling between the cracks ever again. His HS tapes look like Reggie Bush's, and Sam doesn't have Alex Smith at QB! Lets hear it for technology.
smiley32.gif

SteveB

Mentor
Sam won second in the long jump at the state HS track meet with a 23-10.75 jump. Pretty incredible since he has spent all Spring dealing with recruiting as one of the top RB in the country.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
"I can't imagine castefootball is too happy about that." I love how opponents think "castefootball" (hint: it's Caste Football, two words, capitalized) is a single individual, or a large group of people who all think exactly the same.

Maybe "castefootball" doesn't peruse MySpace pages, or maybe "castefootball" doesn't impose a code of conduct on white teenagers and then disown any and all who don't live up to it. "castefootball" doesn't expect white athletes to understand the Caste System or be politically sophisticated spokesmen for the site.

And Caste Football "celebrated" Casey Combest's demise? Assclown troll.
smiley8.gif

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Kids will be kids.Not all white running backs are going to carry themselves the same way.Most of these kids are just rebeling in their own way.Sam will help to change peoples perceptions of white running backs.I could care less who he dates,how he dresses,or what music he listens to.I would be willing to bet however that if you called Sam a wannabe,he would be ready to fight.He is just expressing himself in his own way.I root for white athletes period!

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
The first few that break the caste system will be white "Uncle Toms". It's the only way to get into the club. After they clear the way then some players who see things differently will come around. Look how long it took to get from Jackie Robinson to Muhammad Ali.

And we don't give anyone a "pass" here, look at the flak Brett Favre takes for his behavior, if we can dump on him anyone is fair game.