RB -- Beau Blankenship

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
O dang real well built he'd be a beast to tackle, nice forty time too.

Gi-15

Mentor
he kinda look like the fat kid in "Super Bad" lol
smiley36.gif

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
haha maybe with brown curly hair

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Nice article about this good looking prospect

Tue October 23, 2007
Norman North's Blankenship: low-risk, high-rewardRelated Information

Plenty of college football coaches are trying to get the services of Norman North running back Beau Blankenship. BY STEVE GOOCH, THE OKLAHOMAN

By Justin Harper
Staff Writer
NORMAN â€â€￾ The stack of recruiting letters sitting on Norman North football coach Lance Manning's desk Monday afternoon is a little thin by normal standards. The one on top is addressed to Beau Blankenship. It's from Nebraska. The one below it also is meant for Blankenship. Northwestern is wanting to keep in touch.

"Sometimes there's a pile two inches thick," Manning said. "A lot of universities are talking to Beau. And we think he can play tailback at a major university, but they all want him because of the type of kid he is. He's not a risk."

Manning was referring to his star running back's character. As it turns out, Big 12, Big Ten, SEC and ACC coaches to name a few, don't consider Blankenship a risk on the field. If there were questions concerning the junior's size and/or speed, both have been answered definitively.

"I don't think anything is pushing them away," Blankenship said. "I get close to 10 to 15 letters a day."

Non-Division I-A schools â€â€￾ even lower rung DIs â€â€￾ can save the stamp. Alabama has already brought Blankenship to Tuscaloosa for a visit. Kansas is next on his travel itinerary, and Texas A&M won't be far behind.

Because of Blankenship's noted strength (555-pound squat, 370 bench press) as well as his height (5-foot-9) and weight (205), there once was a notion that he was essentially a fullback playing tailback. Newspaper descriptions had him labeled as a human bowling ball, battering ram, etc.

The big problem with all that is this: Blankenship is a speed guy.

"He's 200 pounds, but he's a sprinter," Manning said. "He does run with power, and he's strong enough to carry it 50 times a game, but when we line up and run 40s, he's our fastest guy.

"For a defense, there's no good matchup for Beau."

Blankenship, who has led the Timberwolves to a 7-1 record and No. 3 ranking in Class 6A, has been clocked at 4.47 seconds in the 40. He also runs the 100, 200 and sprint relays in track. Now, the talk of how he runs with authority is no exaggeration. In a game against Mustang, Blankenship bashed into bodies and popped pads with enough force to knock the logo stickers off both sides of his helmet.

"I don't even like to talk about that fullback stuff," said Blankenship with a shake of the head. "I would hope by now people would recognize that I'm a tailback."

Little doubt about that. The best player the program has produced in its 10-year existence, Blankenship leads Class 6A in rushing with 1,353 yards

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
My favorite part of the article is this
smiley36.gif

"I don't even like to talk about that fullback stuff," said Blankenship with a shake of the head. "I would hope by now people would recognize that I'm a tailback."

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Couldnt agree more deadlift
smiley4.gif

blue_mentos

Iowa St. just offered. He claims that it was the school that he wanted most to offer him, so thats a good indication that its now his clear-cut no.1. He also says that every school recruiting him, including the cyclones are doing so for the running back position, which is very very good news!

White Power

Mentor
Can you post a link I would like to read the article. I think it is great news that he was offered by Iowa State. If given an oppurtunity he will shine in the big 12 conference.Edited by: White Power

blue_mentos

Sure, here it is.

ISU knows Beau is Big 12 caliber</font>
<no><h1>ISU knows Beau is Big 12 caliber</h1></no>

There is no doubting Norman (Okla.) North running back Beau Blankenship's
production on the football field, but the 5-foot-8, 207-pound back has
had to overcome concerns about his size. One school he will no longer
have to prove anything to, though, is Iowa State.

Blankenship
already held an offer from Air Force and has been receiving interest
from several schools throughout the country. On Thursday the state of
Oklahoma's No. 29 prospect added his second offer of the process from
Iowa State.

"They called my coach that morning and my coach knew that morning, but
they told him not to tell me," Blankenship said. "Then, after they were
done with their meeting they had me call Coach (Gene) Chizik and Coach
Chizik told me.

"It feels great and awesome to have that
happen. When it came I was just ecstatic. I kind of saw it coming
because I went up there and they were talking to me a lot. I went up
there for a one-day camp. I was talking to some of the people around
there and they love Iowa State football."

Following his visit to
Ames for the summer camp, Blankenship had his eye on Iowa State and now
that the offer has come it has fulfilled one of his greatest desires in
this recruiting process.

"That was actually the school I wanted
to offer more than anybody because I felt like I fit in real good up
there," Blankenship said. "The coaches were real nice, they treated me
like family and I just loved it. The coaches are really good friends
with my coaches and they remind me a lot of them in the way they act.
Then the campus, everything about it reminds me a lot of Norman."

The
offer has put Iowa State at the top of Blankenship's list, but he is
not yet ready to make a decision. He plans to let this offer sink in a
while.

"I don't have any timetable," Blankenship said. "Whenever
I feel like God has led me to the school I need to go to, that's when
I'll commit, but the rest of this summer I am just going to keep
working out. I took a visit to Oregon also and I'm going to wait and
see what happens there too."

In his last two seasons as a
varsity starter at running back Blankenship has racked up a spectacular
3,797 yards and 42 touchdowns on 618 carries. He runs the 40-yard dash
in 4.47, bench presses 375 pounds and squats 570. Those numbers should
keep Blankenship at the tailback spot in college and he said every
school recruiting him, including Iowa State, is doing so as a tailback.

"(Chizik)
told me I play with a lot of heart and a bunch of people may say I'm
too short and too small, but I have that determination," Blankenship
said. "He told me they run it a lot and he just wants me to be part of
the family."

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
I can see the comparisions to him resembling a bowling ball, a very fast moving bowling ball. I watched his video on Rivals and the kid can fly. He is short and squat but was outrunning taller thinner db's. It didnt look like he was moving all that fast until he was blowing past everyone. Even though he is a little on the short side, i for one am not a believer in that height matters, at least not at runningback.

KG2422

Mentor
Sometimes being short is an advantage for a running back. Defenders I played against sometimes told me that they couldn't see me until I had popped through a small hole and passed them. There's also less of you to hit. People are more likely to tackle you high so that helps you bounce off tacklers and adds to your durability because your legs are everything. You don't want people diving at them all of the time.

G

Beau Blankenship may be more talented than Brandon Wegher. As far as not being a " wiggle " guy that is nonsense. He can cut both ways at top speed something acomplished white rbs like Brock Forsey or Kevin McDougal could not do. This kid better get a D I scholarship as he is the real deal and has that I dont wanna play fullback rare attitude among our white athletes.

guest301

Hall of Famer
I hope this guy doesn't get redshirted because I am anxious to see this guy play in the worst way. A potential starting white TB in the Big 12. That would be awesome!

KG2422

Mentor
guest301 said:
I hope this guy doesn't get redshirted because I am anxious to see this guy play in the worst way. A potential starting white TB in the Big 12. That would be awesome!

Well, don't forget about Jake Sharp who is already doing it in Kansas.

guest301

Hall of Famer
I did forget about him. I don't think he was getting as much playing time in the bowl game that Kansas played as I saw him getting earlier in the year.

G

Jake Sharp is never going to be a featured back. He is great dont get me wrong but why else would their fat ass coach recruit JOcques Crawford the # 1 Juco rb to compete with him. Crawfords ego is so big he thinks hes going to start. Sharp is the real deal and yet will never make the NFl becasue of his fat ass coach and beleif that a white cant carry the load unless you play at CSU.

G

Truthfully, I have never seen a kid black or white hit the hole as fast as Beau. Even Sam Mcguffie. Watch the highlight of him again and please someone tell me they agree with me.

White Power

Mentor
I watched his highlights, and he is very good however I woudn't say he's better than Sam Mc Guffie. Mc Guffie is the most athletic running back or football player I have ever seen for that matter. Blankenship will be a good player in college, but people on this board beleive Mc Guffie will win the heisman trophy. I tend to agree with the other posters on this board.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
He has committed to Iowa State
smiley32.gif

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
This is a good situation considering Iowa State didnt recruit one rb last year! Cameron Bell and Jamicah Bass were the last recruits from 2007, both are listed as 6'0 around 215.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Rob mentioned Felon Jacques Crawford. I hate to be a heartless jerk, but I hope that Crawford kid dislocates a knee cap. Why you may ask? Not because he's black, but because he is a socio-path who forced a 15 year old white girl to perform oral on him with another black friend when he was 17 and was initially charged with child endangerment, child rape and aggravated child assault . Then the stupid prosecutor plead it down to just "aggravated assault". If this kid didn't have black privilege there is no way he would have a scholarship for football right now.

This snake of a human being Crawford hasn't changed IMO and has an ego so big he will complain and complain if he is a second teamer to the much faster shiftier "white boy" Jake Sharp. If Mangino allows this Crawford "monster" to start he is the biggest caste whore in the industry. Let's hope Crawford blows out a knee or gets arrested again for burglary etc.