Punching Power

White_Savage

Mentor
Have there been any valid studies about who in boxing hits the hardest?

I've been thinking that someone with superior upperbody strength, the kind of muscularity that can be trained to throw a shotput or 100 mph fastballs, etc, could also with training throw the hardest punches. Just a theory.
Edited by: White_Savage

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
That's a good question. I've never heard of any studies like that though.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
That's a good question. I've never heard of any studies like that though.

And you likely never will, considering the politically correct climate we live in today. Its a wonder we know of any biological differences between the races at all. Such testing would smack of 'eugenics' and bring out all the anti-Nazi propaganda.

And even if such testing were undertaken, the minute it looked like white men have some advantage, the study would be cancelled and the prelimiary results never published.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
An accurate description of what would happen for sure. It would be a very interesting study, no matter the outcome.

White_Savage

Mentor
I guess what gave me this idea was that gizmo they had to meaure punching foot-pounds in Rocky IV-I wonder if anyone has ever built anything like this for real and tried it out?

Even tests of different individual boxers would be interesting, doesn't have to be done along explicitly racial lines.

kevin

Guru
they do have technology like that, but it is pointless because a lot of ko come from either a flurry of punches or just a good shot.