Pro Bowl

Charlie

Guru
Players on the winning team get $40,000. Is that worth the increased risk of a career-ending injury? Players don't know the plays, don't know what their teammates will do, don't know the blocking assignments. One player could go at 3/4 speed and another at full speed. A player with the moral fiber of a Warren Sapp could be looking to deliberately injure someone looking the other way.

College all-star games affect draft position, but what does the Pro-Bowl do for a player? Isn't there a players' association looking out for the players?

I think a battle of the network stars-type of program would draw just as many viewers and sponsors. Football is over after the Super Bowl. Other sports don't have an all-star game after the season is over.

Ideally players on the Super Bowl winner would decline to participate, 'we've already proved our point'.

riggo

The only part I saw was about 2 minutes that included Young's fumble. I later read that Carson Palmer led the AFC to the win in OT. Did Belichick put Carson back into the game to replace Young so they could win? If so, that's great and it speaks volumes. I can't believe no one noticed that (if it happened thay way).

ocaamikedm11

Mentor
Players have clauses in their contract with earns them more money for making the pro bowl usually, the only reason the players still play.