Pride's LW GP

G

Anyone else looking foward to Pride's lightweight GP? Its coming up within a week, the 25th I think. The two guys I am rooting for each can very likely win it. Joachim Hansen and Jens Pulver.

It should be a good card, the MW GP is on it as well.

The thing I am pissed about is that In Demand, the company that I use to view PPVs, will not air it until two months after it has happened.Edited by: panzer

G

pulver_profile.jpg

Jens Pulver

Joachim_Hansen_profile.jpg

Joachim Hansen

G

Well, the first night of the event is over, if anyone is going to actually wait the two months to watch the PPV, don't read the following, the results are below...

SPOILERS BELOW.......

Well, not much good news to report.

Jens Pulver was TKO'ed in his first match with Hayato "Mach" Sakurai, late in the first round.

Hansen won his first fight against Yves Edwards, by split decision. Unfortunatley, Hansen lost his 2nd fight to none other than Hayato "Mach" Sakurai. It was a UD.

Here is the guy that ruined my night, congrats to him, he beat two great fighters.

Untitled-2.jpg

The LW finals will be Gomi vs "Mach" Sakurai. I think Gomi will take it. If Gomi does win, I see a re match with Hansen in the future, Hansen handed Gomi his first defeat (one of only two), so I am sure Gomi will want to avenge that loss.

I didn't care much about the MW GP, but the finals for that will be Dan Henderson vs Murilo Bustamante.

dkr77

Guru
I too wanted Pulver and Hansen to do well. Pulver is a little small for this weight class. I think he would be better suited at 145. Hansen did very well and will continue to be a force. Did anyone notice how large Sakurai looked? He had to have put on another 15 lbs since the weigh in. I am very pleased that Yves Edwards lost :^)