Positive role models

cxt7

Guru
So much is made of crime in the nfl, you don't get to hear about the good things players do, Growing up We had Bernie Kosar and Ozzie Newsome in the community who were outstanding, I remember seeing them at local football camps were they would show up unexpected, or visit kids in the hospital before playoff games. This will be a thread to post the positive players in the league. I know Doug Flutie, Jim Kelly, have also been great in there communities. But for todays players you don't see much of this anymore, I think a lot of there community service (when not assigned by the court) is part of there contracts (randy moss).

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Off the top of my head I would have to put Peyton
Manning at number one for role models.This guy is
as polite as anyone that you could ever meet.He does
not care about records or himself.Peyton is the
ultimate team player and gives back to the communitty.
He is a throw back to the old days.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Manning's a great role model for sure. In fact, can anyone think of any star white quarterbacks who haven't been good role models? The first one I think of who wasn't is Joe Namath and that's going back a long way.

Gary

Mentor
Tom Brady is a pretty good role model-so is Mike Alstott.A few years ago Mark McGwire and Cal Ripken were very good role models.My dad's hero was Lou Gehrig now there was a real role model.Gene Tunney retired unbeaten as Champand a millionaire.Stan Musical was a good role model years ago.Manning is postive and so is Kurt Warner.

Mr. Lutefisk

Itsrefreshing to see cleancut players like Peyton Manning. I'm sick of punks with tattoos and hoop earrings wearing their baseball cap crooked or backwards.These days the rewards for being a badboy are shocking to me. Badboys get the women, money, fame and respect from the general public. Its nowonder that there are so many white and black teenage boys that think they are gangsters and toughasses. I enjoy making fun of these so called badasses when ever possible. So should everyone else if you want to change things back to the era when heros were the good guys and the badboys didn;t get rewards.