Peyton Hillis

dwid

Hall of Famer
Charles is bringing it on himself, despite what he has said, it looks like he doesn't want to lose any carries to anybody. It was obvious he was playing hurt, he couldn't shake linebackers that played him man on man. He had one good run, like 7 yards when he didn't have to make a cut. He even came back on the field after he was on the bike.

If only Droughn could be a victim of the curse, he is taking away crucial snaps, mostly on passing downs, he failed to pick up the blitz twice which ended two different drives.

I had a dream that Hillis ran all over the Saints, 200 yards inuring Roman Harper and Jonathan Cassilas in the process.

Kaptain

Master
Here's another gem from rotocrap:

" (ankle) is not practicing this week, as expected. Analysis: The Kansas City Star has suggested that Hillis will return after the Chiefs' Week 7 bye. Hillis will send Shaun Draughn back to the bench, but he's not a threat to Jamaal Charles' fantasy value. Despite a respectable 4.4 YPC average, Hillis looked slow before injuring his ankle."

And I suppose Chris Johnson looks fast despite his 1.crap yard average.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Here's another gem from rotocrap:

" (ankle) is not practicing this week, as expected. Analysis: The Kansas City Star has suggested that Hillis will return after the Chiefs' Week 7 bye. Hillis will send Shaun Draughn back to the bench, but he's not a threat to Jamaal Charles' fantasy value. Despite a respectable 4.4 YPC average, Hillis looked slow before injuring his ankle."

And I suppose Chris Johnson looks fast despite his 1.crap yard average.

Kap, i was going to post exactly same thing, using Chris Johnson as an example... great minds haha

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Hillis is well on his way to being a staple of DWF trivia games. "Who was that White guy who had that big season and ended up on the cover on Madden but turned out to be a one year wonder?"

Peyton Hillis (ankle) was limited in Wednesday's practice. Hillis is on track to suit up for the first time since Week 3, but it's mildly concerning he couldn't get in a full session coming off the Chiefs' bye. Although Kansas City figures to go as run heavy as ever with Brady Quinn under center, Hillis isn't a viable flex option in any format.

dwid

Hall of Famer
Hillis said he would be ready to go this Sunday. I hope so, Charles is not going to be able to maintain his current workload, he is on pace for 300+ carries and has been mediocre outside of his performance against the Saints who were doing terrible (which is why I predicted Hillis to have 200+ yards, got the yardage right, wrong player). Like many black backs who receive a ton of carries, he is doing nothing to help his team win. On 115 carries he has 2 tds. The homerun speed just isn't there like the previous two years, the one big run looked like he lost a gear. I am sure he will complain about losing any carries because it is now taking him 30+ carries to break 100 yards.

I think Hillis will have success down the line, if he doesn't have another 1k season he will be used like a Brandon Jacobs type. I think it will be like the White receiver situation, we had a few random years with guys having success, Stokley with 1k, Bennet with 1k, Furrey with 1k only to have their roles reduced and then finally we had consistency with Welker and the main thing that helps is staying healthy, which he has, except for the torn mcl/acl that he still came back the next season without missing any regular games. I know Bennett had some knee issues that he played through and Furrey had several concussions that came through all the special teams he had to play which he is now suing the league over, he played through these but would often dive to the ground after he caught the ball during his 98 reception season, smart by him but coaches want their White players to sacrifice their bodies and play through injuries but at the same time don't give a crap once they injure something enough to where they can't play for a while. His style of play probably didn't help his case for staying a focal point of the offense. After Stokley's 1k season he had two seasons where he was plagued by injuries, apparently after that he was no longer viewed as someone who could be featured on the majority of the team's snaps, and then there was Welker who stayed healthy.

Its no different than blacks at the same positions (except there is always a spot waiting for them if they get injured), there are dozens of black backs that could get 1k multiple seasons if they could manage to stay healthy, but they can't, so much to where they have changed the IR rules, I believe now you are allowed one IR player that can come back, I know teams were able to do this for a few players. Also the reason why teams have gone to splitting the workloads and having rbbc. Pretty much every back in the league has suffered some type of injury after 3 seasons of a full workload, Maurice Jones Drew the most recent example, last year was Peterson (first year split carries with Chester Taylor, who had over 180 touches) , and hopefully he runs himself into the ground.

The only problem is that we have a limited amount of Whites at these positions, and both the slot and rb are injury prone positions, the average rb career 3 years, not sure about the slot position but do know that no other player has been able to do what Welker has done for his career, most all purpose yards in the first 3 years since Gale Sayers followed by 3 consecutive seasons of 100+ catch 1k seasons with most of the yards after the catch, black or White, although Whites mostly due to lack of opportunity but where is the black Welker that Nate Burleson claimed to be? Davone Bess isn't doing it, Dexter McCluster isn't doing it. I guess you could technically say Percy Harvin is doing it right now leading the league in yac but lets see how the season plays out. Last season was his only full season healthy with 1300 yards from scrimmage, the role Welker SHOULD have had, slot receiver with carries as well but Id take the 120 catches over the 80+ receptions and 50+ carries, which he mainly got to limit the role of Gerhart while Peterson was injured.

However, if Harvin were White , there is no way he would have a featured role in the NFL with the migraines and other injuries, coaches would laugh at the thought of a White player not playing due to migraines. In fact he would have had a hard time getting a shot in the NFL with the injuries he had in college, his last year starting the season with a surgically repaired heel, missed some games as well as the SEC championship (Which Tebow won, people to this day still say Harvin is a big reason why Tebow had success), with a high ankle sprain and had a hairline fracture as well. That was his last year, this is the list of previous injuries- achilles tendonitis, knee tendonitis, hip flexor, hamstring and quad issues.

So if Hillis doesn't make it, we have a few White backs coming out, Line and Burkhead being the main two, hopefully Burkhead can shake the knee injury, he isn't letting it heal properly.

dwid

Hall of Famer
this quote makes it sound like the coach thinks Hillis should be getting the ball more, although it is a little degrading that Hillis has the attitude "aw shucks im just lucky to play with the guy"

Though the Chiefs are 1-5, they haven’t suffered running the ball without Hillis. They are third in the league in rushing and among individuals, Jamaal Charles is sixth.
But the Chiefs are still struggling to score. They are 29th in the league in points, so they are hopeful the return of Hillis could help.
At the least his return would help the Chiefs give more rest to Charles and allow them to be more versatile offensively.
“What he brings to the table are the things we talked about in the offseason when we acquired him,” coach Romeo Crennel said. “A big back who can catch the ball and break some tackles and has good vision and all of those kinds of things and is able to complement Jamaal as well. It makes the defense have to think twice about how they’re going to defend some things.
“He’s a guy who can break some tackles at the line of scrimmage and get into the secondary. The things he’s capable of doing, those things can help you.”
While Charles has his own set of skills, they differ greatly from those of Hillis.
“Jamaal is more like the Ferrari,” Hillis said. “I’m more like the 1972 El Camino. Jamaal is a great back. Everybody knows that. I’m just lucky enough to play in the same backfield.”
Crennel liked the analogy.
“Those Ferraris are pretty fast,” Crennel said. “Those El Caminos are sturdy and built to ride. Basically, that’s the difference. They both can catch the ball out of the backfield. They both have good vision, make good cuts. They both have to take hits but that El Camino can usually take more hits than the Ferrari will and still be able to function. The Ferrari always wants to look good, but the El Camino can have some dents in it but can still do a good job.”

And its true, like pretty much every other back that gets 20+ touches a game, Charles looks pretty good, (although not the homerun speed of his first two years) but he doesn't help them win games. BTW Charles is on pace to have 8 fumbles with 3 right now. When Hillis has success running, his team is more likely to win or at least puts them in better position, the Cleveland team he was on was horrible.

Last edited:

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
this quote makes it sound like the coach thinks Hillis should be getting the ball more, although it is a little degrading that Hillis has the attitude "aw shucks im just lucky to play with the guy"

Though the Chiefs are 1-5, they haven’t suffered running the ball without Hillis. They are third in the league in rushing and among individuals, Jamaal Charles is sixth.
But the Chiefs are still struggling to score. They are 29th in the league in points, so they are hopeful the return of Hillis could help.
At the least his return would help the Chiefs give more rest to Charles and allow them to be more versatile offensively.
“What he brings to the table are the things we talked about in the offseason when we acquired him,†coach Romeo Crennel said. “A big back who can catch the ball and break some tackles and has good vision and all of those kinds of things and is able to complement Jamaal as well. It makes the defense have to think twice about how they’re going to defend some things.
“He’s a guy who can break some tackles at the line of scrimmage and get into the secondary. The things he’s capable of doing, those things can help you.â€
While Charles has his own set of skills, they differ greatly from those of Hillis.
“Jamaal is more like the Ferrari,†Hillis said. “I’m more like the 1972 El Camino. Jamaal is a great back. Everybody knows that. I’m just lucky enough to play in the same backfield.â€
Crennel liked the analogy.
“Those Ferraris are pretty fast,†Crennel said. “Those El Caminos are sturdy and built to ride. Basically, that’s the difference. They both can catch the ball out of the backfield. They both have good vision, make good cuts. They both have to take hits but that El Camino can usually take more hits than the Ferrari will and still be able to function. The Ferrari always wants to look good, but the El Camino can have some dents in it but can still do a good job.â€

And its true, like pretty much every other back that gets 20+ touches a game, Charles looks pretty good, (although not the homerun speed of his first two years) but he doesn't help them win games. BTW Charles is on pace to have 8 fumbles with 3 right now. When Hillis has success running, his team is more likely to win or at least puts them in better position, the Cleveland team he was on was horrible.

Hillis never fails to disappoint me when he opens his mouth. There were few POS worse then the early 70's El Camino. It sucked as a station wagan, it sucked as a car, and it wasn't any good as a pick up. If you are going to compare yourself to a work horse vehicle why wouldn't you say "Ford pickup" or "Dodge Ram" or even "Mack truck", but a '72 Camino? C'mon if you are going to poor mouth yourself at least do it with a little style.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
ya Jax I always thought those '79 El Caminos were much more stylish. Lol at this point I don't care what Hillis compares himself too. I just want to see him back on that field competing.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Joe Thomas publicly ripping Hillis again

Browns' Joe Thomas blasts Peyton Hillis

My guess is Browns offensive tackle Joe Thomas isn't going to seek out former teammate Peyton Hillis when Kansas City plays at Cleveland on Sunday.

On Wednesday, Thomas blasted the running back for being selfish about his new contract and described the situation with Hillis as "toxic."

"He didn't want to be here and players didn't want him here," Thomas told reporters, via The Plain Dealer. "It was better for a fresh start at that point."

Hillis became a fan favorite in Cleveland in 2010, when he gained 1,177 yards rushing and scored 11 touchdowns. But he quickly fell out of favor the next season, struggling to produce 587 yards and three touchdowns. Hillis went from being an inspiration with his physical running style to being the biggest distraction on an unraveling team.

In addition to the contract mess, he missed a game early in the season with strep throat on the advice of his agent (which caused a controversy over whether or not he was really sick or protesting the lack of a new deal), failed to show up at a local Halloween party for children (which he blamed on a miscommunication) and went home to Arkansas on a Tuesday to get married during the season when he should have been rehabbing an injury.

"(Hillis) went about trying to get a contract a certain way, and it ended up hurting the other 52 guys in the locker room. That was his decision," Thomas said. "He wasn't real popular around here the way he went about his business. Not that they didn't like him as a person, but just the way he hurt the team from not coming to play."

Thomas is one of the most likable players on the team. For him to call out a former teammate, the situation had to be toxic. In the end, the Browns were certainly the winners in this debacle. Cleveland went on to draft Trent Richardson, who should be a top-five back by next season. Hillis went on to sign a one-year, $2.8 million contract with the Chiefs, which isn't the long-term deal that he was so focused on getting.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/67913/browns-joe-thomas-blasts-peyton-hillis

dwid

Hall of Famer
Joe Thomas publicly ripping Hillis again

Browns' Joe Thomas blasts Peyton Hillis

My guess is Browns offensive tackle Joe Thomas isn't going to seek out former teammate Peyton Hillis when Kansas City plays at Cleveland on Sunday.

On Wednesday, Thomas blasted the running back for being selfish about his new contract and described the situation with Hillis as "toxic."

"He didn't want to be here and players didn't want him here," Thomas told reporters, via The Plain Dealer. "It was better for a fresh start at that point."

Hillis became a fan favorite in Cleveland in 2010, when he gained 1,177 yards rushing and scored 11 touchdowns. But he quickly fell out of favor the next season, struggling to produce 587 yards and three touchdowns. Hillis went from being an inspiration with his physical running style to being the biggest distraction on an unraveling team.

In addition to the contract mess, he missed a game early in the season with strep throat on the advice of his agent (which caused a controversy over whether or not he was really sick or protesting the lack of a new deal), failed to show up at a local Halloween party for children (which he blamed on a miscommunication) and went home to Arkansas on a Tuesday to get married during the season when he should have been rehabbing an injury.

"(Hillis) went about trying to get a contract a certain way, and it ended up hurting the other 52 guys in the locker room. That was his decision," Thomas said. "He wasn't real popular around here the way he went about his business. Not that they didn't like him as a person, but just the way he hurt the team from not coming to play."

Thomas is one of the most likable players on the team. For him to call out a former teammate, the situation had to be toxic. In the end, the Browns were certainly the winners in this debacle. Cleveland went on to draft Trent Richardson, who should be a top-five back by next season. Hillis went on to sign a one-year, $2.8 million contract with the Chiefs, which isn't the long-term deal that he was so focused on getting.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/67913/browns-joe-thomas-blasts-peyton-hillis

regardless of how Joe Thomas feels its obvious they were digging for a story here and probably pressed Thomas about it. Wasn't the Plain dealer the one breaking all of the "news" for every little thing Hillis did? Thomas should have just said whats in the past is in the past.Former teammates play each other all the time where situations don't work out. I hope they at least give him a similar workload as last week, although most of that was short yardage and goal line carries, hopefully its one of those situations where he goes above and beyond to shove it to his old team. He said he doesn't know whats wrong with him this season, that he's stuck in some kind of rut and can't get out. Hopefully scoring that td helped his mental issues. His mental focus hasn't been football, hopefully it will be for this game.

Richardson does not look like he is anywhere close to being a top 5 back. Granted its not the best circumstances in Cleveland, but he is averaging the same ypc that Hillis was criticized for last year, and this year the passing game is better, Weeden can move the ball down the field better and will have over 3k passing this season, probbably by next game, he is just more turnover prone,more passing yards per game and a higher ypa by close to a yard. They've had more chances in the redzone. Richardson also has 27 first downs on 229 carries, Hillis had 33 on 161, and its not like Richardson is breaking out long runs, with a long of 32, with one other one going over 20 yards. The only thing impressive is that he has 7 tds, 4 more than Hillis did, 1 every 32 carries compared to 1 every 53 carries Hillis had, while dealing with a nagging hamstring injury and like I said, more chances in the redzone.With my guess, Joe Thomas wasn't going 100 percent with Hillis last year with the comments he is still making.

Last edited:

dwid

Hall of Famer
and the dwfs show their intelligence when I posted something similar on there with elaborate responses such as "idiot" and "moron"

Seriously, how is it possible to only get 27 first downs on 229 carries? The only other back to get such a low amount of first downs on 200+ carries is Shonn Greene with 35 on 210 carries, and we all know how "great" of a back he is. Also has 2 rushes over 20 yards. The other one is Chris Johnson, who has fallen off since his 2,000 yard season, but at least he has 7 rushes over 20 yards, and of course the more big runs you break off the less chance to grind out first downs, he has 38 on 204 rushes.

Michael Bush has the same ypc, 1 more first down on 116 less carries and 5 tds, of course that is his role, short yardage, goal line back, but Richardson is the featured back.

But this is the same type of dwf that was hyped up over Knowshon Moreno

As for Hillis, don't have a good argument for him this season. Needs to do something, anything, soon. The td was a good start to get him out of his so called rut. The Chiefs are poorly run, poorly coached and he usually gets the same running play, inside zone, usually on short yardage while Charles gets to run a variety of plays, but he needs to do more with what he gets, has to run with more authority, regardless of the blocking and the playcall. I dont know, maybe something is going on in his personal life where football isn't even close to a top priority, but he needs to realize that he is on a one year contract and will be lucky to get another chance somewhere, just as a backup. I will try remain optimistic.

They have used him in a few sets that I liked, the old split back sets, he has lined up as a fullback in the sense that Jim Taylor was a fullback or Jim Brown, blocking for Dexter McCluster, the only problem is that they haven't run him out of this set.

Hillis responds to Thomas:

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Peyton Hillis lashed out at former teammate Joe Thomas on Thursday, comparing the Browns' offensive tackle to a "crazy ex-girlfriend" after he made disparaging comments about the Kansas City Chiefs' running back.

"Joe Thomas, he can have his opinions all he wants," Hillis said Thursday. "It's kind of like a crazy ex-girlfriend, you know? It's been over a year. Get over it. But I don't know. I guess when you get paid over $100 million by one team, it's kind of easy to point the finger at another guy and hate on him for trying to get another contract.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8...e-thomas-cleveland-browns-crazy-ex-girlfriend

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Hillis is gone. Thomas should just let it go.

White players should adopt a policy of not criticizing other white players publicly. White players get enough criticism from the anti-white media.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
A writer for a Raiders blog floats the idea of signing Hillis as the backup to McFadden, and most of the DWFs don't want him even for that. Read the comments after the article.

Oakland Raiders should consider Peyton Hillis for back up RB position

The Oakland Raiders really missed former back up running back Michael Bush in 2012. Not just because of Darren McFadden's tendency to get injured, but more importantly, because it left the Raiders without a legitimate option in short yardage situations.
While there are a ton of other positions that need to be upgraded, the Raiders cannot go another season without a big, bruising style of back and ESPN's Bill Williamson had a rather intruiging option for the Raiders to consider -- Peyton Hillis.

The former Denver Broncos and Kansas City Chiefs running back had a terrible year in 2012, being plagued with injuries and unable to get much playing time behind a resurgent Jamaal Charles. But that is actually a reason why the Raiders should consider Hillis.

He is coming off of not just one bad season, but back to back injury plagued seasons. As a result, he is not going to command a big salary and might be had at the league minimum. Before those two seasons, however, Hillis had a huge year with the Cleveland Browns and even found himself on the cover of Madden 12 video game (Madden curse anyone?).

Hillis has shown he can play in the NFL, but has not been able to do so recently because of injuries. At the end of last season, however, Hillis finally began to look like he was healthy and put up a 100 yard performance in week 16. Since the Raiders clearly have a starter in McFadden, Hillis would not be asked to do much besides being a short yardage back and giving McFadden a breather now and then.

Hillis is a big boy at 6'2 250lbs and can easily run the ball between the tackles, which is exactly what the Raiders need. Obviously, the Raiders would have to temper expectations because Hillis is not likely to have another outstanding year. But the Raiders only need a solid year.

http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2013/2/15/3993066/oakland-raiders-Darren-McFadden-Peyton-hillis

dwid

Hall of Famer
well McFadden can't stay healthy for an entire season so he has a shot of getting carries. However, Hillis has been injury prone, mostly his hamstrings. He should see a specialists about that, usually it is some sort of imbalance in the body. You could tell by the way he was running last year that he was not 100 percent.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
So Hillis has no chance of re-being signed by the Chiefs?? I know a lot of "draft experts" have predicted Geno Smith going number one overall I don't see that happening I think Reid will draft either Joeckel or Fisher.

dwid

Hall of Famer
So Hillis has no chance of re-being signed by the Chiefs?? I know a lot of "draft experts" have predicted Geno Smith going number one overall I don't see that happening I think Reid will draft either Joeckel or Fisher.
I think they go Joeckel, if they resign Albert (I don't know for sure if they will) it is said that they can slide him to guard (what he played in college) if they draft a tackle. Albert was injured last year and his backup had like 10 penalties a game it seemed like. Quinn was on his back every single pass play even if the pass was supposed to be a 5 yard route. Even with Albert in they still sucked. If they go with Geno Smith then he is going to get rattled easily. They want black quarterbacks i the league, but they want to put them in the best possible situation, meanwhile Quinn has never been in a good situation.

As for the Chiefs, I was wrong about the situation. Apparently they see Charles as an every down back now once Hillis was in there. He did a pretty good job but they didn't win games. Charles is the type of back that gets 2 yards here and there and breaks out a big one several times a game. The Chiefs needed someone who could get 5 to 10 yards a pop and then break off a 20 to 30 yarder. Hillis looked too injured from the stride he had when he ran to do that, although towards the end of the season he looked healthier, but still not 100 percent, and had a 100 yard game. The word is that McFadden sucked in the new zone blocking scheme the Raiders installed (I can't tell for sure if it wasn't injury) but excelled in a power blocking scheme so they are moving back to that, Hillis can excel in both. Fans want Reece to take up the role of short yardage guy, but he sucked in the power blocking scheme, and he looked healthy, he did well only in the zone blocking scheme. Some idiot said "get Reece in there with a pbs with a nasty front like the Texans and he will excel", I didn't sign up but what he fails to realize is that what makes the Texans have such a great line is the zone blocking scheme.

Charles tries to run hard and he packs a punch for his size 5'11 199 pounds, but just doesn't deliver power like a Danny Woodhead, but then again Danny Woodhead has more muscle being that he is about the same weight at 5'8 or 5'9. There were games where Charles averaged 0.5 ypc, 0.8 1.1 ypc, 3.3, 3.8 ypc. He would have done much better with splitting the carries more since his average dropped from 6.4 to 5.3, a full yard. Its a great ypc but its his career low, added in 5 fumbles with 3 lost. So much for benching the guy that fumbles.

If they resign Hillis I hope I am wrong but I don't think they will run him except for a few times a year and will continue to use McCluster on end arounds faking Charles up the middle, or split back sets where a bigger back is blocking for him, last year that was Hillis. The formation would have been more successful if the had run Hillis out of it too. McCluster will probably see more of these types of carries since he hasn't proven much in his time there as a slot guy, Devon Wylie got healthy the last few games of the season and looked MUCH better than anything that McCluster has ever shown.

Charles did have more yards, a career high, it loooks like alot more if you glance at it, but he gained a whopping 46 more yards than last year on 55 more carries. I don't know if his body will continue to hold up, he is similar to Chris Johnson, but at least he tries when there isn't a wide open hole. Andy Ried will make sure he holds up because his featured backs rarely get close to 300 carries, Westbrook had many seasons with under 200 but a season with 90 catches, the highest carry load was 278, after that 240 and 233, 2 other years was 156 and 177 and he still got 1200 and 1500 yards from scrimmage both of those years and there was a similar pattern with LeSean McCoy. IF only a team would use Woodhead like this, then he would be used to his full potential.

Last edited:

Quiet Speed

Mentor

RB Peyton Hillis - The NFL's Best Bargain Free Agents In 2013 Forbes

Next »

0x600.jpg

RB Peyton Hillis

Longtime stars like Michael Turner and Steven Jackson are set to hit the open market this offseason, providing the sort of fanfare sure to leave Hillis flying under the radar. Hillis ended up in Kansas City on a one-year, $3 million deal after an injury-plagued 2011 season in Cleveland. In 2010 he ranked 11th in rushing yards with 1,177 and his 11 rushing touchdowns tied for sixth-most (he was also a reliable pass-catcher, with 477 yards and two touchdowns through the air). Few running backs can offer that upside at such a low cost.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Hillis could be a great fit for the Packers -- if they give him an opportunity, and if he can stay healthy.

Green Bay Packers Rumors – Peyton Hillis the Answer at Running Back?

Quarterback Aaron Rodgers and the Green Bay Packers have one of the best passing
games in the NFL, but since their appearance in the Super Bowl two years ago,
the running game has nearly disappeared and help is needed.

Several quality free agent running backs are available and though the front
office usually likes to add players through the draft, adding a veteran that can
help lead the younger players could be the best move for the franchise.

Recent rumors have the team looking at 27-year-old Peyton Hillis and despite
his game stats dropping over the past two years, Hillis is a big bruising back
the Green Bay Packers can use, especially when the weather turns cold late in
the year.

Hillis had nearly 1,200 rushing yards for Cleveland back in
2010, but injuries have limited the former seventh round draft pick to just 23
games over the last two years. Last season he played as a backup in Kansas City
and a change of scenery is needed, but the most surprising stat for the big back
is his 111 career receptions, something the Packers and Rodgers could use to
their advantage on offense.

http://sports.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981863858

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Hillis could be a great fit for the Packers -- if they give him an opportunity, and if he can stay healthy.

I, too, have been searching for articles linking Hillis to a particular team during free agency. He visited the Packers several weeks ago but no deal was signed. Given the embarrassing dearth of talent (even by NLF standards) at RB in Green Bay, the “Hillis Curse” wouldn’t even need to strike for him to become a starter.

John Kuhn and Peyton Hillis would be a white juggernaut of pain…

JohnKuhn.jpg

Peyton-Hillis.jpg

Will the suddenly-Casteon GM, Ted Thompson, allow the team to sign/draft whites as they did during their 2010 Superbowl run? In another thread, I detailed the white players that have been cut, released, traded, and allowed to walk via free agency since winning the Championship and the numbers are staggering.

Last edited:

backrow

Hall of Famer
what would it mean for Leonard if Hillis gets a contract? I guess if i had to choose, i'd want Hillis to get a shot since he's younger and already had a great season once, proving he can get the job done. but under current regime in TB? doubtful at best.