Peyton Hillis

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Thrashen said:
I couldnt find any Broncos fans that were not impressed with Hillis' play last season.

True, but a lot still see him as a fullback or "H-back" who can be a short yardage runner, receiver, and blocker. If Hillis is moved from RB in favor of a black with "big play ability," most will accept it as normal and inevitable given his race and assumed lack of speed.

Gi-15

Mentor
from rotoworld.com

Peyton Hillis is not expected to compete for a starting position under the new Broncos' coaching staff.

Hillis probably wouldn't be much worse than new "projected starter" Correll Buckhalter in a full-time role, but the former Arkansas fullback is likely only ticketed for short-yardage duties. He might chip in on some third downs. Source: Denver Post </font>

yeah, he won't even be allowed to compete. god bless the caste system....
smiley11.gif
smiley7.gif
smiley11.gif
smiley7.gif

backrow

Hall of Famer
from the article in denver post: [url]http://www.denverpost.com/sportsheadlines/ci_11822873?source =rss[/url]

"Good news, Correll Buckhalter.

Feel free to breathe, Ryan Torain. The Broncos could not close the deal for their top free-agent running back choice, Derrick Ward. And a deal for Arizona Cardinals free-agent running back J.J. Arrington has all but fallen apart.

Ward, who will turn 29 before the 2009 season opener, rushed for 1,025 yards on 5.6 yards per carry as a backup tailback last season for the New York Giants. He visited with the Broncos on Sunday but did not accept their four-year offer.

Instead, Ward signed Monday with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for four years and $17 million. That's well off the Michael Turner deal of six years, $34.5 million that Ward was seeking when free agency opened. But the Bucs' deal was too rich for Denver.

Arrington, meanwhile, has moved on. He had a four-year, $10 million deal in place with the Broncos last Friday, but the deal fell apart.

He has been drawing interest from other teams, including his latest team, the Cardinals.

With Ward gone and Arrington fading, Buckhalter is expected to get the first chance to become the Broncos' starting running back.

Torain, whose rookie season was decimated by serious injuries to his elbow and knee, will compete with Buckhalter for the top spot. Peyton Hillis and Selvin Young are expected to compete for role positions"

i still feel he will be pressed into duty and excel. and if any of those f**kers come short, even fans will ask for Hillis, that's the bottom line, he has shown enough to make a lasting impression.

EDIT: also, vast majority of comments below are sympathising with Hillis' cause and most of them state he is the best back on a roster. Edited by: backrow

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Not surprising, but hardly authoritative this early in the off-season. A lot can change between now and September. Hillis has to keep shining as he will be hard to keep down.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Correll i hope you blow out your knee and mcdaniels is a dumbass for cleaning house and trying to shop around his only fraschise player and THE best young qb next to Rdogers.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
While I understand McDaniels' loyalty to Cassel,"shopping around" a guy like Tony Scheffler is simply moronic. I actually think Scheffler is a top 3 TE in the NFL, however, he still doesnt even start at times. Caste or no caste, I never understood why they dont love this guy in Denver.

I suppose every coach associated with the Patriots franchiseonlyloves black TE's....in this case, the ever-generic former Patriot,Daniel Graham. After all, McDaniels"helped" Benjamin Watson blossum into the worst starting TE in the NFL (even in their record-breaking 2007 season). Replacing this worthless slug with former Texas TE David Thomas was out of the question (I think they were well over their quota with Brady, Welker and an all-white OL).Edited by: Thrashen

DWFan

Mentor
Thrashen, I don't even know how to express my contempt for McDaniels so much as thinking that Scheffler, much less Cutler, might be expendable parts of this team. I didn't watch much football last year, but I read enough about it to be pretty sure you're right in your estimation of Scheffler.
Before this site gave me the information to understand how the caste system works in the NFL, I was actually a Broncos fan. Between the way they've treated Hillis, Cutler, and Scheffler, they are on the way towards being one of my most despised teams.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
After the deal with Arrington falls apart the Broncos sign Lamont Jordan. So now they've added two big backs in Jordan and Buckhalter who are inferior versions of Peyton Hillis. Looks like "Anyone But Hillis" is the rallying cry of the new coaching regime.

Broncos agree to deal to sign RB LaMont Jordan

The sources told Josina that the deal had not been signed yet, but an agreement had been reached for two years and $2.5 million.

Jordan, 30, spent the 2008 season with New England where he carried the ball 80 times for 363 yards and 4 touchdowns.

The 8th-year veteran was in Arizona Monday meeting with the Cardinals organization, Anderson reports.

Jordan's best season was 2005 when he rushed for 1,025 yards and scored 9 rushing TDs and two receiving TDs. He spent the first four seasons of his career with the New York Jets.

[url]http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-broncos-jordan-030309,0,273746 6.story[/url]

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
smiley7.gif
smiley7.gif
smiley7.gif
smiley7.gif
smiley7.gif
smiley7.gif
smiley7.gif

This country is simply wacko! And I'm not trying to be anti-American here as someone who lived in Canada until a year and a half ago; I'm a duel citizen by the way. With the Obama love fest going; so does the hate on white athletes. Blacks are lifted up in every realm while whites are simply second class citizens.

For the first time I may say it; I hope all the Denver RBs except Hillis get a high ankle sprain; cracked rib; partially torn ligament etc. nothing that will permanently hobble them, but will ruin their chances this season. It is so unfair that even God must be rooting for Hillis.

May God be on fairnesses side. If even the DWFs are detecting with their history of VERY poor analysis of talent that Hillis is the Bronco's best back and he STILL can't get a chance it shows how full of black pandering, fairly common Terrell Owens type locker room racial dissension and total excrement the NFL is full of.

How any logical person can't see through this white racism boggles me. I hate to admit it, but there is certainly something to the racial solidarity and whining at white success of many pampered NFL blacks that is keeping white skill players down. They want these positions as only theirs to own; to keep feeding their family and poor urban neighborhood friend's gravy train so to speak.

It's too bad the NFL doesn't go the complete route and ban all white players to fix the situation other than QBs. It would be much easier for completely SPINELESS coaches like McDaniels and the same can be said for "recruiters" like TOM LUGINBILL. Then would the DWFs beg to ask questions?

I mean this post might be a little stronger than my usual language and as I know Brandon Marshall put on his RACIAL UNITY glove saying that "if Obama is our President, so can Hillis be our white RB.

But for the first time I am admitting there must be more black racism against whites in this nation than I have detected before especially in the NFL. I am so angry right now! It is more than LUDICROUS this is Zealotry.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I mean what about the whites in poverty that have to "walk-on" while less talented and often richer blacks get all the scholarships?

Like I said this "Hillis is not a home-run threat" stuff is utter non-sense. The record for most 30 yd runs in a season went all the way back to the 60s with Jim Brown gettin 7 until DeAngelo Williams broke it this year with 8.

Hillis had three 19 yard runs in one game and 2 TDs that looked to be 40+ yard runs if not for the end-zone. That is great "long run" production for only three and a half games started last season.

If Le-ron McClain can get an 80 yard run with his 4.88 combine speed. I'm sure Hillis can be a good home-run threat with his gifts running a 4.58.

Just look at the combine numbers for this years RBs. Hillis speed and agility numbers are "more than sufficient" for a big powerful RB.
smiley18.gif
smiley7.gif
smiley7.gif

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Good while it lasted holy sh*t

dwid

Hall of Famer
damn it, SCREW PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL. If they dont give Hillis a majority of carries why watch this? There is no reason to. Last year it was almost over for me when they didnt give Hester carries when LT was doing poorly, but then Hillis got to shine. He got injured then on the Chargers, Sproles was being shut down in a playoff game, LT was on the sideline, and still NO HESTER, obvious discrimination. The coach bringing in an ex patriot player says it all. He tried to get rid of Jay Cutler for Cassel, a Patriot, so its obvious who will get the starting role, i hope i am wrong. And i will probably torture myself watching the nfl anyway hoping to see a few carries by one of these guys, and the few White receivers that get to start.Edited by: dwid

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Also here's a blurb about Peyton Hillis from his Pro-day via the NFL network. This is indeed right off the NFL.com; so it is indeed an accurate source:

&lt;RB Peyton Hillis (6-1, 237): Ran the 40 in 4.57 and 4.58, had a 35-inch vertical jump, 4.24 short shuttle, ran position drills and kept his numbers from the combine for everything else. He looked good but dropped several passes.&gt;

From a Denver Bronco's forum post:
Hillis did the 3-cone drill in 7.15, Moreno in 6.84. Wells didn't make the list.

Hillis 20 yard shuttle in 4.24, Moreno in 4.27. Wells didn't make the list again

Other info from Hillis's Pro-Day comparing to Gil Brandt's target list (apparently only the target for black HBs:

Hillis 40-4.57; 20 yd.-2.64; vertical-35; 10 yd.-1.56; short shuttle-4.24; broad jump-9.9

RB target time:4.55; 2.60; 36; 1.60; 4.20; 9.9

FB target time: 4.85; 2.80; 30; 1.70; 4 .25; 9.3

It looks to me like Hillis is right in the range for all the workout numbers scouts look for. He also produced on the field. So he is a FB...why????

The 3-cone drill target time for RB is 7.25

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The only possible silver lining in this is that Arrington, Jordan and Buckhalter are all mediocre backs.

But Denver still has Torain, Young, and Aldrich, so they should start camp with at least six black tailbacks with NFL experience even if they don't draft one next month. With the NFL you should never be surprised at the lengths teams will go to collectively screw whites at every position except QB and to a lesser extent TE and OL. Andthose positionsonly because not nearly enough black talent has been produced in spite of all the heavy-handed affirmative action in college in recruiting and playing opportunities. This has been going on for some 30 years now and only enough white athletes and fans becoming aware of it and challenging it is going to change it.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
The thing that disgusts me the most is that Hillis isn't even allowed "to compete" for the starting tailback spot.

As I said; he did fabulous in 3 1/2 games started; 5 ypc; and was only getting better posting 5.7 and over 7 yards per carry in his last two starts.

This is utterly disgusting and humiliating to Hillis. Hillis should demand to know why he can't even COMPETE for the starting tailback role for this new spineless coach. If I were him I'd have a chat with the new coach find out his reasoning and then demand a trade to make a statement if the coach can't come up with a good counter argument for the media.

Hillis; please go to the media and ask the question why you aren't even allowed to "COMPETE" for the starting tailback role! Bring up the elephant in the room.

dwid

Hall of Famer
yeah but what sucks is that Jordan is an ex patriot player, someone who the new coach probably will be the most familiar with, and a player who is the most familiar with his system. The coach was willing to get rid of the franchise quarterback for a qb that he was more familiar with in Cassel.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Arrington the Broncos' third free-agent TB
By Mike Klis
The Denver Post
Posted: 03/04/2009 02:58:56 PM MST
Updated: 03/04/2009 03:10:00 PM MST

&lt;snip&gt;

By signing three tailbacks, McDaniels is bringing another piece of the New England offensive formula to Denver. The Pats often played three tailbacks, and rarely use a 25-carry workhorse during a game. Buckhalter likely remain as the Broncos' starting tailback with the more powerful Jordan getting a few series and short-yardage carries. Arrington will compete for the third-down, pass-receiving role.

The signings all but assure current Bronco free-agent tailbacks Michael Pittman and Tatum Bell won't return. It also means the Broncos' holdover tailback stable of Selvin Young, Ryan Torain and Peyton Hillis will have to compete for a roster spot during training camp.
&lt;snip&gt;
------------------------------------------------------------ ---------------

Is "journalist" serious. He actually believes that Hillis shouldn't even be in the mix for a top 3 RB spot. This is complete lunacy. Hillis was basically dominant especially the last two games posting 5.9 and 7.3 YPC. He was improving dramatically and now he may be CUT in training camp.

This is simply outrageous. The new coach clearly wants to do everything possible to rule out Hillis for carries. I mean what team signs 3 RBs in an one off-season. Even Maximus=TexasTech must be wondering what's going on deep inside.

I mean in a fair world with the way Hillis played he has to be at least IN THE RUNNING for starting HB. I don't know if he had one loss of yards rush on the season and even showed some big play ability (three 19 yard runs in one game and two TDs that appeared to be 40+ yd. runs if not for the end-zone ending the play in only 3 1/2 games started.)

All these signings are simply an out for this new coach to bury Hillis on the bench or worse cut him! All the injuries last season was a freak event, but McDaniels uses it to sign three tailbacks.
smiley7.gif
smiley7.gif
smiley19.gif

j41181

Master
Really outrageous!!!

Hillis is a qualified RunningBack/FullBack. An injury does not mean he should be benched or cut altogether. That's what I'm trying point out, the powers in the NFL think white players are nothing but damaged-goods. This applies especially in the positions RB, WR, FB, LB, and CB.
smiley18.gif

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
If Hillis is cut he should get a couple other white ballers together for a lawsuit. I know I keep re-posting that hard fact 30 yard run argument; but I want as many lurkers to see these posts as possible. This is indeed frustrating.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
McDaniels and Denver management jump out to the early lead for the "Enemy of the White Race 09" award. Narrowly passing Al Sharpton, rivals.com, NFL network and bleeding heart Liberals....

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Dear god, I honestly had high hopes for Josh McDaniels....I mean, he did start 8-9 whites on his NE offenses.

Since joining the Broncos, he's made nothing but caste-oriented moves. I understand why he'd want to continue working with Cassel...but trading Tony Scheffler because he "doesnt fit into the offense?"Infavor ofthe slow,small,fat, unproductiveDaniel Graham?

Couple that with the signing of 3 generic black tailbacks (especially Jordan and Arrington) in favor of using Peyton Hillis as a Kevin Faulk type of running / receivingback? Seriously, what is this moron doing?

To his credit, McDaniels did bring back Stokley...and tried to sign David Anderson.Edited by: Thrashen

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I am going to retract some of what I said previously. I try to hold myself to a high standard as a Christian and my temper got the best of me. I shouldn't be wishing injury on the black RBs when they haven't done anything wrong yet and it's even worse to write it; (I did indicate I only was hoping for minor temporary injuries, but still).

If I was going to wish harm on anyone; it should be that idiot coach McDaniels. Maybe I should wish he has a nervous breakdown from dealing with primadonna players and a critical media and has to take a temporary break from coaching (but again that's probably not right either). Again some of Hillis's black teammates like Brandon Marshall seemed very supportive of him last year in statements.

There are certainly a lot of black primadonnas who are self serving about getting all the glory (Terrell Owens or Ocho Cinco; or Michael Bush refusing to play full-back for instance) so that definitely plays a role; but let's wait and see how this situation plays itself out.

Many DWFs have already been questioning why Hillis is already out of the running for HB; believe me it's all over the message boards at places like forums.denverbroncos.com.

I was pretty impressed with some highlights that were posted of Correll Buckhalter by a supporter of him for starter on the Broncos message boards in the debate. But again; Hillis produced big time last season and production is most important; Hillis was downright dominant in his last two games before injury showing how fast he was improving. Why not use Hillis like Brandon Jacobs and Buckhalter like a Derrick Ward.

It just doesn't make sense with all the black mediocre FA RBs they signed like Lamont Jordan (he played solid in the NE backfield; but NE is a dominant offense and he doesn't match Hillis) and the statistically unimpressive J.J Arrington; the only one I am truly fairly impressed with when you "COMBINE" his HIGHLIGHTS with production when he has in fact STAYED HEALTHY is Buckhalter.

Most teams are using a dual set backfield. Why can't they use one in Denver? It's very ridiculous and I hope this new coach is fair-minded or faces the wrath of God, lol (that isn't very nice to say either
smiley36.gif
)

Sorry for the long post, but I'm just disappointed in myself for losing my temper.