Peyton Hillis

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Check out the reference to Hillis in this short piece glorifying Eminem:
<H3 style="COLOR: #000">Gratuitous fist pumps aside, it's time to trust Josh McDaniels</H3>
By Joe Tone in Sports
OK, so the excessive fist pumping in the exact location of 47 camera men was a little odd, but other than that, let's see ...

- He traded a sore-losing, sore-winning, sour-faced quarterback for one who is calm (and even jovial) under pressure, rarely makes mistakes and has an awesome beard.

- He stockpiled running backs like some sort of weird cat hoarder, providing depth at that position in the face of Correll Buckhalter suffering an injury and Peyton Hillis suffering from reality.

- He obsessively chased former Patriots like Jabar Gaffney (six catches for 61 yards).

- He looks cool in throwback stuff.

What was it we didn't like about this guy?
http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/2009/10/gratuitous_fist_pumps_aside_i.php

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
What in the world does that comment about Hillis mean?
smiley129.gif

Is he trying to say that Peyton had to be knocked back to the reality that he's only fit to block for inferior blacks?

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
....suffering from the reality that the racist NFL won't let white players be featured runners.

bigunreal

Mentor
Just another incredible quote. How obvious does this have to get?

Everyone in the mainstream media is corrupt and will write or say anything, no matter how obviously untrue it is, to please their masters. Even more than an honest politician at the national level, we desperately need a truly independent outlet in the press.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
In the comments a couple folks are going after the author of the article and he is defending himself. Would be good to see some others chip in. We need to present our side every single time there is an opportunity for comments after a pro-Caste article. It's one of the best ways to "unmarginalize" ourselves in the public mind.

foobar75

Master
The author of the blog is a typical dimwitted DWF. He says in one of his comments that Hillis "has not proven consistently that he can be a tailback" and that the "coaches know more about how they evaluate the talent".

When I read this sort of hogwash, I'm speechless. What universe does this guy live in? In the limited opportunity that he got last year, Hillis clearly showed he belongs at tailback in the NFL. The fact his AR coaches and now Denver coaches are screwing him is a fate that has befallen many talented white running backs in the last 10-15 years.

The author is too brainwashed to see the reality, but glad to see he's being taken to task by some people in the comments.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Just commented on the "article."

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
I just replied too, but don't know if the DWF will post it. Alotta these blog queens don't like too strong of dissenting opinions.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Thanks for the link, Fightingtowin!

dwid

Hall of Famer
some ignorant poster had this to say "Hillis has managed to bury himself deep in the doghouse with fumbles and key mistakes. He may not get many chances at this point"

I dont have an account on there to post this but I have heard this on other message boards and chat rooms. Ridiculous...

1 fumble buried him that deep? really? Moreno has 2 fumbles the past 2 games and is from what i saw last game, struggled to get above 4ypc. I could have sworn he had one more fumble the other night but it is not listed. What key mistakes is he talking about? I haven't seen Hillis make any "key mistakes"

21 carries 88 yards for Moreno. Hillis had 22 carries and 129 yards against the Jet's number 1 ranked rush defense last year.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Looks like a couple of people have set the record straight!

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Good stuff Reb! I added my 2 cents as well!
smiley2.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Cool deal, Dixie! Don is right in that we have to combat this stuff anytime we see it. Its pure DWF pro-Caste ignorance that can be defeated easily with the facts. Its something to look back at Denver boards from early this year. Everyone was hyped about Hillis being the man and talking him up. We can't let the caste media flush him down the memory hole.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Fighting, your link needs some work.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
No problem man! Thanks for finding the article and posting the link! I just gave them something to think about.
Edited by: Colonel_Reb

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
We just need one thing to happen! We need Moreno and Jordan on Denver to pull hammys or get high ankle sprains so the best back on the roster gets a shot again! Hillis would probably run for 5.9 and 7.3 YPC- for two games in a row again in two victories- and pull in 100 receiving yards in a game. However, it would probably be back to the bench with Josh McDitz, once the real Afroletes returned. But maybe, just maybe, some idiot DWF "TEAM ONLY FANS" would be reawakened!

This is one time where I will make an exception and root for a small injury to the Afroletes. The injuries I wish on them are not severe (or even close to the injury Hillis suffered playing with reckless abandon- b/c he knew he could be benched for one bad game being white). Minor injuries happen all the time in football.

If Hillis gets another shot this year- along with Woodhead- it could really help open the door for Gerhart and maybe even Sharp next year! The door will be slowly pushed in! Each white tailback proves CF correct when they capitalize on their rare opportunities. Almost all of them have done very well in recent memory- with the exception of Kyle Eckel. Even Leonard has played solid considering the harsh circumstances he has played under- with injuries to him and his o-line galore- in his career so far.

This could be a great year for CF. Other than Hillis- MOST white skill players "who have made rosters" are seemingly being treated relatively fairer than other recent years! There are "20" white WRs on active rosters right now! We'll have to see what happens with guys like Standford and the still injured Curtis, but it looks like things are looking up for the most part!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Knowshon Moreno has yet to have a run of at least 20 yards in 109 rushing attempts so far this season. I remember Hillis having three 19 yard runs in a single game. Moreno's rushing average is 3.9 yards per carry. No wonder Peyton has been completely phased out of the offense.
smiley29.gif
Edited by: Don Wassall

Riddlewire

Master
I'm sure everybody here is a daily reader of DraftDaddy, so this probably won't be news.
But, just in case you skipped that bookmark today:

Broncos' offense needs more from backs
Denver's backs were held to 3.2 yards per carry in the past two games and only scored one touchdown in those contests. Rookie RB Knowshon Moreno's problems hanging onto the pigskin are becoming a larger concern too, as he has fumbled the ball away three times in the past four games, including one on Sunday. After gaining 7.2 yards per carry in his first four games before missing a game after injuring his ankle, No. 2 back Correll Buckhalter is gaining just 3.4 yards per rush in the two games since the injury. The third back, Peyton Hillis, has barely been used. He has just seven touches in seven games.
Getting Hillis, who proved he has the ability to handle a major role last season when he had success in a brief starting stint, more involved would be a good idea as well.

This article was from Pro Football Weekly, which is no friend of white football players.
If an afrophile site like that is willing to tote the proverbial rock on Hillis's behalf, then surely there are other sports writers who feel the same way. All it takes is one brave major sports journalist to mention the unfair treatment of Hillis and the DWFs can give themselves license to think of him as a runningback, rather than just a seat-warmer.

I saw that Egerrin James was cut by Seattle this week. My first thought was "I'll bet the Broncos snatch him up so they don't have to play Hillis."

Man I am getting more and more negative about the NFL. I hardly watch anymore.