Pats - Chargers

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
GO PATRIOTS!

backrow

Hall of Famer
10 bucks says that we won't see Evans or Thomas getting a single touch...
smiley18.gif

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Sorry, I can't take that bet backrow.
smiley5.gif

Big run by Tomlinson on the first hand off of the game. Ouch.

Another first down. Chargers look really good right now. Looks like Schottenheimer finally has a back good enough to play Marty ball in the playoffs.

That was a catch and a fumble. The receiver made a 'football move,' IMO.

Wow, Pats' D stiffened, Chargers have to punt. Edited by: White Shogun

backrow

Hall of Famer
i agree.

as for the bet, we all know that playoffs are not the time where white players get a fair shre of hard earned touches or playing time... i hope i lose that one, but the way things are...

Patriots do have 7 whites on offense, plus Dave Thomas who should be used way more. Edited by: backrow

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
How many times was that pass tipped? Wow. Can't believe Brady's pass wasn't intercepted after that.

Did you hear the stat about the Pats and Belicheck? The first drive by the Chargers was the 13th game in the playoffs where the Patriots haven't allowed a team to score on it's opening drive. Cool. Then again, there aren't too many teams that have played thirteen or more games in the playoffs with the same coach.
smiley2.gif

Nice scramble by Brady. I thought the quarterback wasn't allowed to be hit on a feet-first slide. I've noticed that happening a lot lately. Who is Brady's backup? Edited by: White Shogun

backrow

Hall of Famer
Matt Cassell. and of course Vinnie is carrying a clipboard
smiley2.gif

so far Heath Evans had 2... great tackles on special teams

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Great play by NE DB, looked like a certain touchdown for the Chargers. A little more height on the ball and it would have been good for the TD.

backrow

Hall of Famer
there you go, Mike! nice sack

why were Chargers going for it on 4 and 11?

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
backrow said:
why were Chargers going for it on 4 and 11?

I don't know.. maybe too close to punt but too far to try a field goal? Unusual call at this point in the game, but less risk than trying it later in the game, too.

Glad to see NE with a little better field position and able to move the ball a bit.

NE 3-0.

The Chargers look like they're gonna blow the Patriots off the line on every running play.. and next thing you know they're punting again. I think the Chargers should run LT more than they are... funny thing to say about a Schottenheimer team - "Hey Marty, run the ball more!"
smiley36.gif
Edited by: White Shogun

backrow

Hall of Famer
"THEY MAKE UP FOR THEIR LACK OF SPEED WITH SMARTS AND BIG PLAYERS" - comment after nice open field tackle by Vrabel...

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I didn't catch that comment, backrow. Typical BS. Too bad the real defensive affaletes are at home in Baltimore watching the game instead of preparing to play next weekend huh?

backrow

Hall of Famer
smiley36.gif
ain't that the truth.

btw Heath Evans is officialy a special teams demon of the game - 3 solo stps already... not bad for a "slow" white guy, huh

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Another weird call.. 3rd and 1 and they run the ball with Lorenzo Neal?

4th and 1 and they run it with Michael Turner. They got the first, but wtf is Marty thinking? Is Tomlinson hurt or what?

Wow, how 'bout that play! Nice throw down the field by Rivers, but Gates coughs it up and the Pats recover on the 1 yard line!! Marty challenges the call on the field = commercial break.

Challenge upheld: incomplete pass. 2nd and 10 for the Chargers.

Touchdown, Chargers.

C'mon, Brady! Edited by: White Shogun

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I'm really surprised the Chargers aren't way ahead in this game already. They've started out with good field position on almost every possession, whereas the Pats have started inside their own 10 yard line a couple of times. The Chargers have had a number of great runs by Tomlinson, and yet it's only 7-3. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Pats come back for a TD on their next drive.

Ouch. Brady throws the INT.

I'll shut up now.
smiley9.gif

Oh! What a sack on Rivers! Way to hang on to the ball! Edited by: White Shogun

Bart

Hall of Famer
The first INT in 169 attempts.! Not a good sign. They are struggling.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Yeah, Bart, I'm kinda surprised by how inept the Pats offensive is playing right now. I'm surprised by that, but yet feel the Chargers should be way ahead, too.

Well, there you go. I'm not surprised anymore that the Chargers aren't way ahead:

Chargers 14-3.

Okay, so I was one Patriots' possession off in my prediction. Patriots score just before the half.

Chargers 14-10.

We got a game, folks! Edited by: White Shogun

Bart

Hall of Famer
I was hoping for a field goal, but they somehow manageda touchdown to close the gap to 4 at halftime. They're not out of it yet, but the Chargers look strong.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Way to go, Jackson! Another pro football player drops an easy pass, right in the basket, before any contact from a defensive player.
smiley5.gif

Wow, another pick by Brady. It looked like the ball might have slipped out of his hand somewhat on the throw. The receiver was wide open though.

Schottenheimer is going for the jugular. I've been waiting to see if he'll go back to running the ball every down, but they went for the bomb over the middle. Out of bounds in the end zone. Nice try, though.

Damn, Patriots start on the 1 yard line AGAIN. At least the Chargers didn't score again, I guess.

You know, watching the Patriots struggle to put drives together from the 1 yard line makes me appreciate those long drives that Peyton Manning was able to put together against the Ravens D yesterday. Yeah, they got field goals.. but at least they scored. Edited by: White Shogun

Bart

Hall of Famer
The Pats should be losing by a ton. Nice blitz call, right after Simms said they probably wouldn't do it after failing earlier.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Yeah, good call, Bart.

Where are Dillon and Maroney? I'm not sure about calling a run up the middle with Kevin Faulk on 3rd and 4. But what do I know? LOL

WOW! Muffed kick, Patriots ball! Come on, Brady, this is it! Great field position, gotta score! Is the Chargers kick returner white?

Whew, Brady almost threw another INT. wtf is going on?

Wow, there you go... idiot play by idiot player. Headbutting a NE player while he's showboating. TNB.

The more I watch this game the more I'm left with the impression the Chargers deserve to lose. Watching what is happening on the field, you'd think the Chargers would be winning 30-10 by now. But it's still close and the Patriots could still pull this one out of the hat. Edited by: White Shogun

backrow

Hall of Famer
no, light skinned black i think

btw this fumble recovery doesn't count as a touch for Dave Thomas, WS
smiley2.gif

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
backrow, was it Samie Parker fielding the punt?

Brady missed a wide open receiver. Would have been first and goal.
smiley5.gif

What do you think of going for the field goal? Still third quarter, down by 4... I say good decision. It'll only take another field goal to win it, if they can continue to hold the Chargers.

Chargers, 14-13.

By the way, I think putting the ball on the 40 after a kickoff goes out of bounds is excessive. Edited by: White Shogun

Bart

Hall of Famer
I've never seen Brady look so out of sync. And yes, thank goodness for the stupid TNB penalty we've talked about so often. The Pats at least got 3 out of it, but 7 would have been big.

backrow

Hall of Famer
White Shogun said:
backrow, was it Samie Parker fielding the punt?

Brady missed a wide open receiver. Would have been first and goal.
smiley5.gif

it was Eric Parker

and i was surprised to see Brady miss his tight end, would have been a TD. if they are to win this game, he needs to do better than that!