OSU Buckeyes

whiteCB

Master
I will be attending the Ohio State spring game this Saturday. I don't know how other schools' spirng games are set up but for OSU they divide the seniors up in half and have them select players from each position group one by one. Although Ohio State has lost a number of white stars to the draft they have some others waiting in the wings. I'm disapointed to say WR Tony Gonzalez will not be playing in the game as he suffered a concussion a couple of weeks ago and they are trying to take it slow as he already has the starting WR spot nailed down. One battle I will keep an eye on is for the 4th WR spot as a promising young white WR Brian Hartline(Redshirt FR) is battling a true soph for that spot. To be honest it looks like Ohio State won't have any white DBs starting but once again LB will be where to watch. As there is a chance that Ohio State could have all 3 starters white again but we'll just have to see how that plays out. Also white soph. TE Rory Nicol is battling Jr. Marcel Frost for starting duties there. I'll keep you guys informed as to what happens this Saturday.

whiteCB

Master
Wow a huge spring game record turnout of 63,000+ fans saw some great plays. Here are the new generation of Ohio St stars: WR Brian Hartline led everyone with 7 catches for 88 yards. TE Rory Nicol looks like he will be starting after a productive afternoon. Fr LB Ross Homan(should I say this) looks like the next AJ Hawk and no I'n not just saying this to say it. When a kid who should be going to prom next month leads everyone with 5 outstanding solo tackles, 3 assisted, and a sack you know you got a keeper. LB James Laurinatis had a INT and looked good as well. DT Todd Denlinger had a safety and was looking beastly. The only bad part about Ohio St is that they are lacking in white talent at DB but everywhere else on the team is solid. If anyone has any questions about any players or other positons on the team just ask!

backrow

Hall of Famer
thanks for the info WhiteCB, i added Hartline and Homan to my players watch
smiley1.gif

whiteCB

Master
Yeah Homan will be just like Hawk not start this year but will be the #1 back up and play alot to earn a letter and by next year he'll be starting and tearing it up. Homan I found out was also a pretty good RB in high school getting over 1,400 yeards his senior year. Hartline redshirted last year and it benefitted him a lot as he was able to build up some muscle. He's tall and lean and that's why in high school he was the best hurdler in the state.