O.J. on racial differences

Deus Vult

Mentor
This passage is excerpted from a TIME magazine article, dated May 9, 1977

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,947918-2,00 .html

(M)ost U.S. scientists are reluctant to study the physical differences between whites and blacks. Says Dr. Peter Wolff, director of psychiatric research at Children's Hospital in Boston: "In the present climate, it is a touchy business because no matter what you say, people with one prejudice or another will immediately use your research to extract a value judgment."

Still, physical differences do exist: Orientals are generally smaller than Caucasians (and, incidentally, better gymnasts for it); certain diseases have been shown to be genetically linked to particular groups and racesâ€â€￾Tay-Sachs disease among Jews and sickle-cell anemia among blacks. The shapes of eyes and noses vary as widely among the races as do skin colors.

Thus in the minds of both black and white sports fansâ€â€￾even those who insist that they are racially color-blind â€â€￾the questions do arise. Does the obvious superiority of so many black athletes mean that blacks in general are better athletes than whites? If so, why?

To some of the men on the field, and those who coach them, the answers are clear. O.J. Simpson, for instance, has no qualms about describing the racial differences he has observed. Says he: "We are built a little differently, built for speedâ€â€￾skinny calves, long legs, high asses are all characteristics of blacks. That's why blacks wear long socks. We have skinny calves, and short socks won't stay up. I'll argue with any doctor that physically we're geared to speed, and most sports have something to do with speed."

Joe Morgan also sees some differences: "I think blacks, for physiological reasons, have better speed, quickness and agility. Baseball, football and basketball put a premium on those skills. I don't know the reason why, but we are clearly superior in that way."

Deus Vult

Mentor
The article continues, Steelers WR -- who later became the GOP gubernatorial candidate in Pennsylvania:

Wide Receiver Lynn Swann, of the Pittsburgh Steelers, whose acrobatic catches are reminiscent of ballet, feels that there is no question about it. "If I said that blacks were not athletically superior," he says, "I think I'd be kidding myself. There is something there. It seems like the black athletes are just able to do more things than the other athletes."

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Another chararcteristic of black people is to go crazy and cut the head off of white people. Science has proved that too.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Isn't that a characteristic of East Asians?
smiley5.gif

jaxvid said:
Another chararcteristic of black people is to go crazy and cut the head off of white people. Science has proved that too.

Science has also proven that they love to piss, moan and cry when someone calls them an "offensive" name. Science is a funny thing, isn't it?
smiley36.gif