Notre Dame vs Penn State

Triad

Mentor
May be the Caste Football game of the week. Penn State's defense and Notre Dame's offense have 15-16 whites going at it at times. At first glance it looks like two elite high school teams playing. Hate to see either one of these teams lose.

Triad

Mentor
After watching Georgia Tech's defense blitz and confuse the ND offense last week, the Penn State coaches have decided to rush Quinn with only 3 and 4 pass rushers.
smiley5.gif
Therefore, ND is rolling 20-0 at the half (17, 2nd quarter points) and Brady Quinn is putting on a Heisman-like performance.
smiley32.gif

Just proves you don't have to be too smart to be a D-1 coach. Edited by: Triad

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I am really enjoying this game despite it being so one sided.It is very cool to see a high profile program like Penn State play so many whites on defense.They are all good to.Too bad for them that their coal black offense can't move the ball.Maybe Joe Pa could learn a little from watching Not.Dames offense.

backrow

Hall of Famer
well, Samardzija scored a TD and had some nice catches, Tommy Z scored on a fumble return, Quinn played very well, John Carlson had 99 receiving yards...
what's not to love
smiley2.gif

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I really loved the post game coverage on nbc.The crowd,players and coaches all sing the songs and get into the school spirit.It is like watching a game from back in the 50's or something.It's super cool.Seeing the coach and his son was a reminder of how important family is.Bring on Michigan next week.
smiley32.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I'm glad ND stomped in that game! I wish I could have seen it. Oh well, at least I am getting to watch more now.