Nfl vs Tebow

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Has there ever been a QB that was not considered good enough to play on the NFL level switched to RB? I dont know of them if there has been. Even blacks like Brad Smith, and Ell Roberson, Antwon Randle El were moved to WR. It seems like moving a guy like that to RB isnt even ever considered.

That's a good point. If they were going to move Tebow they would move him to tight end or H back anyway.

dwid

Hall of Famer
most running qbs didn't have the build of a rb, usually more slender. Denard Robinson was switched to runningback for the Jaguars, well they call him an OW but he has mostly been running with the ball, and fumbling it, but they still have him there in practice. He is a bit on the light side, but still big enough at 5'10 199 pounds, although if he were White he would be considered too small, but Jamaal Charles is 6'1 199 pounds and hasn't had a problem. Tim Tebow has similar weight/height as an Eddie George type back.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Has there ever been a QB that was not considered good enough to play on the NFL level switched to RB? I dont know of them if there has been. Even blacks like Brad Smith, and Ell Roberson, Antwon Randle El were moved to WR. It seems like moving a guy like that to RB isnt even ever considered.

I think it was popular back in the days when White players were allowed to play the RB position. I know some college star QB's switched positions in the NFL. In many cases they were the best athletes on the team and were very skilled at the game. I think Paul Hornung played some QB at Notre Dame (he led them in passing) and I remember Rex Kern a QB from Ohio State went on to be a pretty good safety in the NFL.

Those were different times. Recently Denard Robinson was drafted as a RB but that probably is subject to change. It makes sense for ex-QB's to become receivers as they are familiar with that part of the game. A guy like Tebow, and Denard Robinson, for that matter are natural runners (with different styles) and it would make sense for them to be switched to RB if their QB skills aren't considered good enough. But that kind of thinking is way outside the box of the copy-cat NFL.

bigunreal

Mentor
There were some notable QB to RB conversions in the NFL in the past. Denver's RB Bob Anderson was a college QB, although he actually switched positions during his senior year in college. He was a first round draft pick. As Jaxvid noted, Paul Hornung was a Heisman Trophy winning QB, and Lombardi later switched him to RB.

Ed Podolak's college career and NFL position change mirrored Anderson's- he played QB at Iowa until converting in his senior year and then becoming a full time RB with the Chiefs in the NFL. I'm sure there were other examples I can't recall at the moment.

In this day and age, the reality is that no white running QB is going to be converted to RB. The Caste System is pulling out all the stops to prevent white players from carrying that ball. They will not permit another Peyton Hillis situation to occur. The forbidden dynamic is that of white players running the ball, whether they are conventional halfbacks or read option running QBs.

With so many running QBs in college, it is going to be difficult for tptb to continuously smear every white who excels at the position, in order to keep them from doing it at the NFL level. Maybe even the DWFs will reach a tipping point, and finally, at long last, begin to think and reason.

PHillisFan

Master
A bunch of Jags fan held a rally at the stadium for the Jags to sign Tebow. Something has got to give.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
The Jags are having a horrible season. They're not getting anywhere near the playoffs.

Their fan base has to be unhappy. Giving Tebow a chance would energize the fan base regardless of their record.

dwid

Hall of Famer
its right, the Jags have nothing to lose, even if they think Tebow will fail? so what? they already are failing, and more fans would actually tune in to see what Tebow is doing, regardless of whether he is doing well or not. From being in the area during the winter time, more people watched the games than pre Tebow, of course they have Manning now but he was getting more viewers than Jay Cutler before he went to the Bears. They talked about it more etc. Before that the average joe couldn't tell me who was on the team, I would get mentions of Terrelle Davis which was a decade ago.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Unfortunately Tim Tebow's NFL career appears to be over, without having gotten a fair chance.