NFL Combine

Merauder30

I was watching last night as the were showing the RB'S workouts.. I sat through Adrian Peterson, Lynch, Booker and listened as each analyst.. Mariucci, Fran Charles and that God awful Jaime Dukes comment on each one. As expected you heard things like, physical freak, elusive, shifty, natural athlete.. When it came to evaluate RB Brian Leonard, i stress RB Brian Leonard, i heard things like he needs to bulk up to play FB.. He does not have enough WIGGLE.... Sloppy footwork.. I am sick of this, why not come out and say he cannot play RB in the nfl because he is white.. No mention of his bench, his great 40 time.. Man it was sickening..

white is right

Hall of Famer
Jabba the Hut err Dukes discounted his 40 time by saying he had great straight line speed. He said he didn't have enough wiggle. After scarfing down another burger he suggested his cone drills were poorer than the other backs, one belch later he wanted him to bulk up and wear his old mansear, that he wore for the Falcons....
smiley36.gif
smiley11.gif

mark b.

Why so shocked? Did you really think it was going to be anything else? Ya'll should be used to this by now. I've been let down so many times over the years I can't even count them all. It's so ingrained into coaches and media people that they don't even realize what they're saying. It wouldn't make any difference if he could run a 4.5 forty, 3.5 forty or wiggle like a fish, the results would be the same.Hell, his own college screwed him his senior year after he brought that program back from nothing. Maybe he's not that good or maybe he is a victim of the system. I know what I think and so do the rest of you. Same story, different person.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Some Good news though, Nfldraftscout.com a highly respected site (they are more Procaste than DraftDaddy) has Leonard listed as the 4th best HB! They have him ahead of Penn State's Tony Hunt and seem to have more postive than negative analysis in their profile of him. I personally think he should be number two behind Adrian Peterson. Maybe we'll be surprised and the Jets will take him with the 25th pick and make him their native Boy their featured TB! The only thing that I don't get is if the site had him rated so highly why they compared him to Justin Grifith of the Falcons. They also did the usual conventional thing and mentioned Mike Alsott in the profile.